IGNORED

Pre Season tour...

spudski

On 24/04/2019 at 20:21, Dolman Block B said:

Madness

Why that far away ?

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I bet the facilities are amazing, weather great, and good chance to build the brand of the club in the US, they will be mid season there won’t they so guess we can also play some teams who are on their game as a good test

Pretty much

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-pre-season-camp-in-florida/

Never attended a pre season tour before. Can anyone give any insight on how this is organized? Is there a large contingency of fans that get together after the training sessions and games? Looking forward to this!

8 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Never attended a pre season tour before. Can anyone give any insight on how this is organized? Is there a large contingency of fans that get together after the training sessions and games? Looking forward to this!

I can only comment on my two trips to Latvia. Prior to travelling information from the club was sketchy but we knew we were playing Skonto first so at that game GJ helped us by giving us the full itinerary for games and even mentioned when the team would be in the Old Town for drinks.

There were 6 of us but we met fans at the games or saw them in the Old Town.

We travelled independently as there was no official trip. 

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

I can only comment on my two trips to Latvia. Prior to travelling information from the club was sketchy but we knew we were playing Skonto first so at that game GJ helped us by giving us the full itinerary for games and even mentioned when the team would be in the Old Town for drinks.

There were 6 of us but we met fans at the games or saw them in the Old Town.

We travelled independently as there was no official trip. 

Was there a ticketing system for the training sessions as well as the games? If so, how did that work? 

How approachable were the players drinking in town?

2 hours ago, City_USA said:

Was there a ticketing system for the training sessions as well as the games? If so, how did that work? 

How approachable were the players drinking in town?

We never got to see training because there were three games in 7 days. The players were very approachable at gam3s and whilst on an evening out. GJ  told everyone when the players would be out so we could chat to them for an hour or so.

GJ was excellent. He answered all questions, gave advice on restaurants. Our group wanted Skonto shirts as souvenirs but there was no club shop so GJ arranged for us to meet with someone from Skonto who sold us spare match shirts. 

4 hours ago, City_USA said:

Chances are, if you given Bristol Sport three grand to caddy a round of golf, you will get some info.

Give them seven grand to play a round of golf, they will give you even more info.

#cynic 

Archived