IGNORED

LJ Derby Presser - O’Dowda

Davefevs

Thought it was very telling LJ talked so candidly about it at the presser. It was interestingly phrased = a criticism filling in a few slices of praise bread.  

Surely sending a message, both to the player, any potential new clubs and also to the fans. Just to plant that little seed "he won't player through the pain barrier for the club...."

Why else say all that when it could be said directly to the player in a meeting or at the training ground?

Doesn't bode particularly well for the players future here, that with the contract signing situation, perhaps Callum's already got his eyes on his next club.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Won't play through pain, even if medical experts say its OK? A proper wilting flower. 

Didn't we hear similar things about Christian Ribeiro years ago? He ended up retiring at 27! Guess they know their own bodies well enough to know when to play or not. 

I still don't care if he leaves or not though, never really impressed me. Hopefully we make a few million on him. Perhaps O'Neill will take him at Forest.

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Thought it was very telling LJ talked so candidly about it at the presser. It was interestingly phrased = a criticism filling in a few slices of praise bread.  

Surely sending a message, both to the player, any potential new clubs and also to the fans. Just to plant that little seed "he won't player through the pain barrier for the club...."

Why else say all that when it could be said directly to the player in a meeting or at the training ground?

Doesn't bode particularly well for the players future here, that with the contract signing situation, perhaps Callum's already got his eyes on his next club.

Can't see how sending this message to any potential new clubs does anything other than reduce the fee we might receive for him. Seems a very odd thing to say in public.

19 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Didn't we hear similar things about Christian Ribeiro years ago? He ended up retiring at 27! Guess they know their own bodies well enough to know when to play or not. 

I still don't care if he leaves or not though, never really impressed me. Hopefully we make a few million on him. Perhaps O'Neill will take him at Forest.

When he signed, rumoured Fee was £1.2m with £0.4m add-ons, plus 30% sell-on (profit).  Was a 3+1 year deal, of which we’ve exercised the one year.

If we sold him for £4m....we lose £0.8m to Oxford, so probably talking a £2m profit.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When he signed, rumoured Fee was £1.2m with £0.4m add-ons, plus 30% sell-on (profit).  Was a 3+1 year deal, of which we’ve exercised the one year.

If we sold him for £4m....we lose £0.8m to Oxford, so probably talking a £2m profit.

Enough to buy another Mo Eisa .

:w00t:

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If someone offered £3m for him i’d take it, let alone £4m! Here’s hoping! 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought £4m was sensible....there are some that think £10m.  Who knows though!

£3-4 m I reckon like you say, with the usual add ons. £10m is fantasy land even by today’s prices.  As someone has said already - seems strange that Lee would discuss his reticence to play through pain as it would surely detract value? Leads me to think it can only mean that a deal is already done.  Won’t be sorry to see him go at all, but can only see him improving at his next club. Some players just need to move to improve.  

2 hours ago, Calculus said:

Can't see how sending this message to any potential new clubs does anything other than reduce the fee we might receive for him. Seems a very odd thing to say in public.

Agreed, as I say, must have been calculated because of that.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Massively over rated player in my opinion. Very little end product...

Get a decent price for him and move on 

I slightly disagree, i think previous to the last run in the team, just before this contract talk started, he was just starting to put some really good performances together.

But yeah, don’t think he’s done enough to earn a big move like Bobby Reid and co

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This. 

Mind-blowing when you consider he's got a chance to give it his all in these final few games and potentially double his wages and go to the Premier League. 

I reckon a deal has already been done...way back in January. Just a hunch...

Archived