IGNORED

Sala's father dies of a broken heart

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I never believed you could die from "a broken heart" but what other explanation can there be in this case, RIP together.

Many years ago when i was living in Australia my Grandfather in London died. About 6 weeks later i received a letter from my Grandmother wishing me well in my life and signed "Farewell Gran". She had never written to me before. She died about 2 weeks later.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I never believed you could die from "a broken heart" but what other explanation can there be in this case, RIP together.

There are studies somewhere,  that it's the stress of the situation.

It's why with old couples,  it can be common for older couples to pass away close , time wise , to each other.

High stress can do many tbings to the body, a heart attack is one of them.

If his son hadn't passed away,  it probably wouldn't have happened. It's why this kind of stress is referred to as a broken heart.

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Many years ago when i was living in Australia my Grandfather in London died. About 6 weeks later i received a letter from my Grandmother wishing me well in my life and signed "Farewell Gran". She had never written to me before. She died about 2 weeks later.

My Uncle died and his perfectly healthy widow (my Aunt) died 5 days later. No illness, she simply gave up on life.  They had never spent a day apart and were buried together.

Archived