IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers (Merged)

Lrrr

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Got to feel sorry for the fans. They have been through a succession of false dawns over the years.

Hopefully there will be some sort of last minute rescue in place.

The takeover seemed to be happening then Anderson said whoever was taking over would pay the owed wages as well.

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Got to feel sorry for the fans. They have been through a succession of false dawns over the years.

Hopefully there will be some sort of last minute rescue in place.

They didn't seem to give a shit about anyone else when they were riding high in the Premier league and their chairman Gartside wanted to ringfence the top flight.

• Admin

Looks like takeover or liquidation are the only options for them now, the guy that was looking to take them over (Basran) sounds a bit like a family that took over a club not too far away, in that he talks the talk but never actually seems to be able to back it up with any real investment

If they get liquidated Anderson will get less money back so it will be in his interests to flog the club

EFL rules indicate liquidation is not just paying 3 months running costs but also paying off secured creditors and at least 25% of unsecured creditors, this is rumored to be in excess of £10M as it currently stands

There are whispers that there was another un-named group looking at the club, with all the above it may open up to a cheaper purchase for them?

18 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

shite for their fans.

Am I right in thinking we’ll lose 4 points if they don’t fulfill their fixtures for the rest of the season? 

I believe that is the case but I am pretty certain it won't come to that.

Given there are not too many games left I expect the EFL and the PFA would step in and 'finance' them through to the end of the season in the hope that something more permanent could be done over the summer.

37 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

If thats the case ibwould imagine most around us would lose 6??

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

shite for their fans.

Am I right in thinking we’ll lose 4 points if they don’t fulfill their fixtures for the rest of the season? 

It would be interesting to see what it would do to the current top half of the table. Anyone got time to work it out..? 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It would be interesting to see what it would do to the current top half of the table. Anyone got time to work it out..? 

It would only change placings between Forest & Sheff Weds. 

It would leave us 3 points behind 6th place, instead of the current 2 points. 

It would move us slightly further ahead of the chasing pack though. 

Villa, Boro, Forest & Derby have only played them once though, so they’d lose that fixture from their “games to play” 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It wasn't the fans calling for ringfencing though it was their chairman.

Yeah I bet they were opposed to it when they were bringing in ex Real players and on jolly's through europe courtesy of Sky money......

Sorry to upset the sentimentalists on otib but you reap what you sow.

I wouldn't expect any sympathy from fans anywhere else if we went pop.

just my opinion, this is a forum after all.

I feel sorry for their fans. It must be horrible. 

When we beat them 6-0 2 seasons ago, I was in the Attyeo stand right next to them. 

Football fans can sometimes be as cruel as schoolchildren regarding pisstakes. Not on that occasion - we were magnanimous on that occasion. 

Absolutely NOBODY in the City area shouted abuse at them or taunted them - their fans threw their Bolton shirts at the players in disgust. 

It was sad to see - of course I was pleased with a 6-0 win but I felt for them - as I do now. 

18 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I feel sorry for their fans. It must be horrible. 

When we beat them 6-0 2 seasons ago, I was in the Attyeo stand right next to them. 

Football fans can sometimes be as cruel as schoolchildren regarding pisstakes. Not on that occasion - we were magnanimous on that occasion. 

Absolutely NOBODY in the City area shouted abuse at them or taunted them - their fans threw their Bolton shirts at the players in disgust. 

It was sad to see - of course I was pleased with a 6-0 win but I felt for them - as I do now. 

I was still in th Arturo then & everyone around me were taking the piss 

18 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I was particularly welcoming to Zak Clough too.

He's definitely had the last laugh though with his premier league assists and scoring recor.... oh hang on!  - he's at Rochdale. 

Funny I thought Daddy said he was far too good for a Championship side like us?

Back on topic - I feel sorry for the Bolton fans - I remember going to school that day in 1982.
I hope they get a reprieve somehow and still have a club of some sorts to follow,

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Yeah I bet they were opposed to it when they were bringing in ex Real players and on jolly's through europe courtesy of Sky money......

Sorry to upset the sentimentalists on otib but you reap what you sow.

I wouldn't expect any sympathy from fans anywhere else if we went pop.

just my opinion, this is a forum after all.

We did go pop. In fact we were trend setters after Accrington and Bradford PA. 

Bristol Rovers tried to buy our ground and all our players were sold cheap. 

Bolton can go duck themselves dog eat dog and we aren’t dinner. 

2 hours ago, cityal said:

I feel sorry for the Bolton fans - I remember going to school that day in 1982.
I hope they get a reprieve somehow and still have a club of some sorts to follow,

Me too....I remember that day at school in 1982 so well, we were distraught thinking our club had died....there were tears. Bolton Wanderers is a proper football club totally immersed in the fabric of English football.....it cannot cease to exist, it isn’t right.

13 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

Does that mean our FA Cup result will be wiped out?  So we didn't play in the 4th Round?

You’re all heart VR.....

Unless a special exception is made (should BWFC cease to exist), none of these players were out of contract at the end of the window, so would not be allowed to be registered to play this season.

No exception was made for Doidge earlier this season, so can’t see any different happening here.

Archived