IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers (Merged)

Lrrr

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Unless a special exception is made (should BWFC cease to exist), none of these players were out of contract at the end of the window, so would not be allowed to be registered to play this season.

No exception was made for Doidge earlier this season, so can’t see any different happening here.

That's a very bad position for the EFL put the players in. As they haven't been paid (allegedly) in recent months, they would be denying the players the ability to ply their trade until July at the earliest. I think this may come under the Restraint of Trade law within the UK.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

That's a very bad position for the EFL put the players in. As they haven't been paid (allegedly) in recent months, they would be denying the players the ability to ply their trade until July at the earliest. I think this may come under the Restraint of Trade law within the UK.

You may well be right

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So will there be a whole squad of players available on FOC if this happens? Anyone we would be keen to take?

......the gas were called Vultures (amongst other things!) on here for circling around Pompey’s relatively recent financial plight to see if they could pick up some tasty bargains....I’d rather hope that a proper, grand old football institution is saved and continues to exist and then thrive....Bolton Wanderers were founder members of the football league in 1888 - football owes them a great debt - they should be helped out by the endless amounts of cash sloshing around our game....I would much rather see clubs like Bolton saved and preserved rather than see lots of old, established clubs go out of business to be replaced by the Milton Keynes’ of this world...

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I often wonder how a union full of millionaires can't help out their less fortunate members though.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Unless a special exception is made (should BWFC cease to exist), none of these players were out of contract at the end of the window, so would not be allowed to be registered to play this season.

No exception was made for Doidge earlier this season, so can’t see any different happening here.

If players have not been paid doesn't that put Bolton in breach of contract? If so, then I reckon in these circumstances the contract could be regarded as void, making the players effectively free agents.

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If players have not been paid doesn't that put Bolton in breach of contract? If so, then I reckon in these circumstances the contract could be regarded as void, making the players effectively free agents.

It's a weird one, but I would strongly expect they would be free to sign for another club and play in the case that a club is liquidated.

The issue is being a free agent at the point of the window closing, but if Bolton cease to exist their record is wiped from the League. Surely that means the players' appearances for them are wiped from the record thus effectively making them free to be registered at that point. It would be a nonsense otherwise. 

I agree. EFL could be taken to court, and would be found guilty!

51 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I often wonder how a union full of millionaires can't help out their less fortunate members though.

It’s dog eat cat isn’t it ?

The top six won’t be happy until they’ve sucked all competition and life out of the sport so that they can play amongst themselves in their own little rich boys playground.

It is a sad day to see 3 clubs with winding up petitions in court today. I think a lot of Bolton fans are assuming that the judge will be lenient due to their history and standing in the local community, however, with the two other clubs being heard after Bolton, you would have to assume he/ she cannot favour one over the others.

Bolton has been a basket case for years. Ever since they dropped out of the Prem, they have had a succession of owners who have kicked the can (debts) down the road. It may well happen again but eventually it will come back and bite you, and each time it will bite even harder than the last.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...the gas were called Vultures (amongst other things!) on here for circling around Pompey’s relatively recent financial plight to see if they could pick up some tasty bargains....I’d rather hope that a proper, grand old football institution is saved and continues to exist and then thrive....Bolton Wanderers were founder members of the football league in 1888 - football owes them a great debt - they should be helped out by the endless amounts of cash sloshing around our game....

*I would much rather see clubs like Bolton saved and preserved rather than see lots of old, established clubs go out of business to be replaced by the Milton Keynes’ of this world...   

Nobody 'saved & preserved' Woolworths ?   & now the whole f'ing High St is endangered.

I still miss their Pick 'n Mix & the Woollies tv adverts … Haribo sweets just aint the same - & their adverts are embarrassingly shite.

English football just won't be the same without good old Bolton Wanderers. 

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Nobody 'saved & preserved' Woolworths ?   & now the whole f'ing High St is endangered.

I still miss the Pick 'n Mix the Woollies tv adverts … Haribo sweets just aint the same - & their adverts are embarrassingly shite.

English football just won't be the same without good old Bolton Wanderers. 

Birmingham on the other hand ...

55 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is good news, although they had a buyer lined up yesterday and they dropped out.

Hopefully the current owner isn't too demanding and gets a deal done.

The last demand that apparently broke the previous deal was that the incoming party should pay the outstanding wages. I don't know the full circumstances, but if the current owner doesn't have the money to pay up, then it will have to part of any future deal too. 

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Will be interesting to see how the other two get on now. The non-league board are famously far more stringent in applying their rules. so Ebbsfleet could get a massive hit for this. 

North Ferriby United who played in the National League in the season before last and won the FA Trophy in 2015 were wound-up last week and have totally ceased to exist.

I'm not even too sure where North Ferriby is, but it's always sad to hear of things like this happening.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

North Ferriby United who played in the National League in the season before last and won the FA Trophy in 2015 were wound-up last week and have totally ceased to exist.

I'm not even too sure where North Ferriby is, but it's always sad to hear of things like this happening.

Think it's up by Hull.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

It is sad. it's on the A63 on the way into Hull by the way. The only good thing is that you would be on your way to Hull, not Immingham which is even worse than Hull.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It is sad. it's on the A63 on the way into Hull by the way. The only good thing is that you would be on your way to Hull, not Immingham which is even worse than Hull.

Impossible not to read the first sentence as Alan Partridge!

M62!

9 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I seem to remember he didn’t play(?). 

I was hoping he would - I had some things to tell him, but I have a feeling he didn’t feature - or hardly did. 

No he sat on the bench, but still got stick. I don’t think he came on maybe the Manager realised how bad it would get if he did.

With the 2 weeks grace that they have been given I reckon the judge could well be a Bolton fan, the adjournment means if the worst did happen then points will now be deducted next season instead, as much as I feel for the Bolton supporters surely this can’t keep happening, lost count of how many times this has happened.

• Admin
11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

With the 2 weeks grace that they have been given I reckon the judge could well be a Bolton fan, the adjournment means if the worst did happen then points will now be deducted next season instead, as much as I feel for the Bolton supporters surely this can’t keep happening, lost count of how many times this has happened.

I think I am correct in saying the normal time period of extension is longer, but the judge is fed up of how often Bolton keep appearing thus giving them a shorter timescale

Archived