IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers (Merged)

Lrrr

The new buyer seems to be Laurence Bassini. He has twice been declared bankrupt and was banned for 3 years in 2013 for financial misconduct. He has vowed to take Bolton back to the Premier League, but it sound like a recipe for disaster to me 

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The new buyer seems to be Laurence Bassini. He has twice been declared bankrupt and was banned for 3 years in 2013 for financial misconduct. He has vowed to take Bolton back to the Premier League, but it sound like a recipe for disaster to me 

He sounds like just the man to take them forward :facepalm:

What's happened to the fit and proper person test/act that was supposed to stop this kind of thing from taking place?

On 27/03/2019 at 17:14, phantom said:

Anderson has met with staff at Bolton and informed them that a buyer has been found 

In a similar vein, announced on BBC North West news that ten companies are interested in buying Blackpool FC.

On 30/03/2019 at 11:53, pongo88 said:

Fit & proper person test passed.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bolton players are refusing to train for the next 48 hours in protest at the club failing to pay staff on time for the second month in succession.

Sounds like Anderson won't pay the wages as he's hoping if the sale goes through .....it's the new owners problem. Really bad way to behave - by the way this is not overpaid footballers striking ...they are taking action because the admin and office staff haven't been paid and these are ordinary folk like you and I and can't go 2 months without pay.....some prob on min wage or not much more.

The new prospective owner doesn't sound very honourable either.

On 30/03/2019 at 11:53, pongo88 said:

Sounds similar to the tosser who owns them currently, EFL need to not even give people with a dodgy past history like these the time of day let alone a worthless fit and proper test that is useless if this Bassini gets as far as the EFL’s test then surely he’d fail it as although they can only take their previous 8 years history into account and it looks like it falls into that timeframe, this is the EFL though and he’ll probably still get the go ahead and within 2 years I’m guessing that Bolton will be in the same position they are now.

Our rivals for 5th and 6th place.  Villa, Derby, Boro have only played them once this season. Derby lost, while Villa and Boro won. So if points are null and void then Derby will benefit as they won't lose any points. Sure Bolton will find a way out of this mess before it comes to that though

Not read the article, but from what I heard earlier the players aren't on strike, but they have refused to train. 
As for us losing points , I'd be amazed, with only 9 games to go, if the League let them just stop playing. They have paid wages previously , and I would think they would try and get them through to the end of the season and see what happens then. 
I have seen rumours of more than one interested party. Just found this in The Bolton News.

Gaspard Holdings Ltd have gone public to say they are on the verge of completing a deal to buy Anderson’s majority holding.

15 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

It’s the players that are on strike, it states the staff aren’t.

And there chairman just came out and said being paid late is no excuse for going on strike

the more you read about him (Bolton’s chairman) the more you dislike the bloke

Archived