IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers (Merged)

Lrrr

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

There is no way the FA will start taking points off of other clubs in regards to results against Bolton this season. That would be chaotic, nonsensical and asking for trouble

Hold on, it's the F.A.

It happened in the Northern Premier League this season when North Ferriby Utd folded. So it’s quite feasible. 

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Do Brentford get there expenses refunded for Saturday as well as there fans.

if Bolton don’t play next week do Nottm Forest get compensation lost gate receipts, hospitality, season ticket refunds.

This could be very messy for the EFL 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Do Brentford get there expenses refunded for Saturday as well as there fans.

if Bolton don’t play next week do Nottm Forest get compensation lost gate receipts, hospitality, season ticket refunds.

This could be very messy for the EFL 

Copy and pasted from the EFL site.

The Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend such fixture shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses actually incurred by the opposing Club as a direct result of the failure or suspension. The amount of compensation will be at the discretion of the Board who will consider every such case on its merits. The Board may refer the amount of compensation to be paid to the Disciplinary Commission dealing with the misconduct by the Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend the same.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

The Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend such fixture shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses actually incurred by the opposing Club as a direct result of the failure or suspension. The amount of compensation will be at the discretion of the Board who will consider every such case on its merits. The Board may refer the amount of compensation to be paid to the Disciplinary Commission dealing with the misconduct by the Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend the same.

Ashton is on the board isn't he? So he'll be having direct involvement in this whole affair. Interesting.

The amount of money in the fa or players union and they can step in to pay the players to protect the interest of the game, fulfill the fixture and respect thefans ? 

I appreciate its not their mess but surely  cancelling games this late in the season is somehow avoidable? 

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

It happened in the Northern Premier League this season when North Ferriby Utd folded. So it’s quite feasible. 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

There were a lot more games to go when that happened though so awarding 3-0 walkovers in all of them would have made the league a joke. IMO they`ll do the 3-0 thing in this case and sort it out in the summer.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

If they can’t pay their players, they are unlikely to pay compensation to anyone else.

7 hours ago, pillred said:

I attended what was supposed to be our last game it was at Newport county. the date was 30th January 1982, less than a week later the Ashton Gate eight tore up their contracts to save the club.

From the depths of despair to the heights of pride.

Long live the AG8 in our collective memory. Heroes all

6 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

If they can’t pay their players, they are unlikely to pay compensation to anyone else.

When M'boro missed the game due to Illness, as I said above , they were docked 3 points (the game was replayed , ended 0-0) and fined £50k in 1996/97. I guess the fine would be against the club, so if someone comes in and saves them, they would be liable, otherwise it would be against their assets if they fold. 
Sounds a real mess, but there maybe light at the end of the tunnel and not just an oncoming train.....

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 08.51.15.png

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 08.51.47.png

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When M'boro missed the game due to Illness, as I said above , they were docked 3 points (the game was replayed , ended 0-0) and fined £50k in 1996/97. I guess the fine would be against the club, so if someone comes in and saves them, they would be liable, otherwise it would be against their assets if they fold. 
Sounds a real mess, but there maybe light at the end of the tunnel and not just an oncoming train.....

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 08.51.15.png

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 08.51.47.png

The new ‘owners’ track record suggests this could be a frying pan / fire scenario for Bolton.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

How can the clubs who have already got points from them lose those points whilst the two clubs yet to play them get given three points each ? 

They wouldn't.

It's either give 3-0 walkovers to Forest and Brentford OR void all of Bolton's previous games and the ones against Brentford and Forest

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

The new ‘owners’ track record suggests this could be a frying pan / fire scenario for Bolton.

Absolutely, read a bit yesterday about his link with Simon Jordan and Portsmouth. Wouldn't trust either one to be honest, and they can't even agree who said what. Bassini does not strike me as fit and proper, more desperate and needy. But I think Bolton are desperate enough to take anyone right now, maybe short term.

10 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Could there be a scramble over the weekend to get it rearranged for Tuesday? 

The problem with any punishment that comes their way, is that it will likely come into force next season when their current owner is gone.

Teams being deducted points before the start of the season might come in handy for us!

Sad sad day reading this, as some on the forum know , I had a pub in Westhoughton, round the corner from the old 'Reebok'. Brilliant supporters, great club and to come down to this certainly reminds me of our fall in 1982. Hope they get on their feet again and like us, come back. Always remember the respect I had in the pub with my Bristol City corner in the pool room proudly with a framed programme from the famous Freight Rover final v The Trotters.

23 minutes ago, extonsred said:

My first footie match - Bolton Vs Stoke circa 1957 - very sad day!!

I remember taking my young nephew to his first ever game when we beat them 4-1 in the old 1st division. As you say, these are sad times for football. Sadder still when someone like Bassini is considered a “saviour” for a club with their tradition. If he comes back into football, will the FA force him to pay the money he apparently owes Watford? 

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Sad sad day reading this, as some on the forum know , I had a pub in Westhoughton, round the corner from the old 'Reebok'. Brilliant supporters, great club and to come down to this certainly reminds me of our fall in 1982. Hope they get on their feet again and like us, come back. Always remember the respect I had in the pub with my Bristol City corner in the pool room proudly with a framed programme from the famous Freight Rover final v The Trotters.

I was there with Dad and Gramps. Got the programme in the loft along with my Wembley rosette!

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

They wouldn't.

It's either give 3-0 walkovers to Forest and Brentford OR void all of Bolton's previous games and the ones against Brentford and Forest

Surely that decision needs to be made before today's games otherwise the EFL will be able to decide who is in the play offs by the decision they make.

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Surely that decision needs to be made before today's games otherwise the EFL will be able to decide who is in the play offs by the decision they make.

It may be that another decision is made, I was just meaning to clarify that it wouldn't be a case that results for some teams get voided, while others are handed a win.

I wasn't too clear in my post though.

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

It would be a crime if Bolton folded.

League founder member and a grand old club. Hope they can be saved.

The crime was spending money for a decade they didn't have and could never pay back.

We can't feel sympathy for stupidity or perhaps worse, otherwise let's feel sorry for Woolworths and all the other failed historic brands.

They made their bed, they gambled time and time again and lost - they should pay the penalty arguably other clubs lost out to them in the last 5 years because they cheated financially. Good riddance to them (and QPR and Villa) 

Archived