IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers (Merged)

Lrrr

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

With games against Forest and Brentford it really doesnt matter too much if both are awarded walkover 3-0 wins.

If their results were cancelled it'd knock 6 off Boro, 4 off us and 3 off Derby so the latter would be laughing.

Just now, Malago said:

Their two remaining games are Brentford H,  Forest A.  Both meaningless wrt to promotion/relegation.  My guess is if they are unfulfilled , the EFL award 3-0 victories to Brentford and Forest.

Yeah, I can't see that the EFL would disrupt the play-off race by cancelling the 44 games that have been actually played, for the sake of 2 games.

Interestingly, should Bolton's players go ahead with their threat and the Club's results be expunged, City would lose 4 points, Middlebrough 6, but Derby only 3.

Assuming we beat Derby on Saturday, this could actually work in our favour....

Of course, far more likely is that the problem will be resolved before kick-off tomorrow, but.... 

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Villa would lose 6 points as well, would put them right back amongst it. Can’t see it happening though. 

Nor me, as said above their two remaining games are inconsequential.

Cant blame the players they are almost due this months wages never mind March!

You can be sure that they are far from the only creditors.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

There is no way the FA will start taking points off of other clubs in regards to results against Bolton this season. That would be chaotic, nonsensical and asking for trouble

Hold on, it's the F.A.

You could put Mr. Bean in charge and get more rational decisions than the FA.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

There is no way the FA will start taking points off of other clubs in regards to results against Bolton this season. That would be chaotic, nonsensical and asking for trouble

Hold on, it's the F.A.

Well they wouldn’t if their favoured teams would lose out. Now if we were top or some other unfancied team it would of course be different

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

and our Fammay ?

Depends on whether Harlee Dean writes a letter detailing his latest hallucinations or not.

If he does then of course Fammy gets banned.

"Deer EFL

I sawed Famara Jayjoo lick da envylope wiv the Bolton players monee"

6 game ban incoming.

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I wonder what the rule book says... 

I'll wager it isn't online, just so the FA can do what they fancy.

In the event that a club does not fulfill its fixtures any points gained by Bristol City against this club will be deducted and Aston Villa and Leeds Utd will be promoted automatically.

Hardly seems fair but thems the rules .

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

In the event that a club does not fulfill its fixtures any points gained by Bristol City against this club will be deducted and Aston Villa and Leeds Utd will be promoted automatically.

Hardly seems fair but thems the rules .

With Diedhou and Wright to be banned until 2022

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

With games against Forest and Brentford it really doesnt matter too much if both are awarded walkover 3-0 wins.

If their results were cancelled it'd knock 6 off Boro, 4 off us and 3 off Derby so the latter would be laughing.

Not after we beat them tomo....

Too much of the season has past for the results to be expunged,

as the games nether effect promotion or relegation then forest and Brentford will be awarded 3-0 wins,

further ramifications would happen next season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the efl withholding Bolton’s golden share unless they can prove they can fulfil the fixture list next season meaning them not taking their place in league 1,

1 minute ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Doesn’t league position determine how much prize money you get end of season. Some clubs may not be happy losing out on money due to walkovers.

Yes, I’ve been wondering that too.

I read the EFL regulations recently, and I couldn’t find anything about expunging results, nor awarding games to opponents.  All it talked about was fines, and that game should be re-arranged as soon as possible.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I’ve been wondering that too.

I read the EFL regulations recently, and I couldn’t find anything about expunging results, nor awarding games to opponents.  All it talked about was fines, and that game should be re-arranged as soon as possible.

Section 91 of the EFL rules would be the one that covers it I assume, but there is no definitive penalty set out, it would depend on the outcome of a disciplinary panel.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Good on them. None of us would work if we weren't getting paid.

A normal person in this position would have to carry on working or be in breach of contract, they would be considered as quit. At least that's how I understand it, you have to be available to work even if you're not getting paid. Footballers just look on it as a free transfer, they would probably be able to claim lost earnings back too. 

15 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Doesn’t league position determine how much prize money you get end of season. Some clubs may not be happy losing out on money due to walkovers.

I'm pretty sure teams undertake a contract to guarantee they can afford to make it to the end of the season , they would be in breach. I would expect administration . Then I would think the EFL would pay the wages,  this would allow the season to finish naturally ,  and being 'football debt' it was usually first to be paid. This may have changed now, as I know there were murmurings that it wasn't fair . 
M'boro were docked 3 points and fined £50,000 for the game they didn't fulfil , that was 1997. The points are meaningless to Bolton, that said so is the money as they don't have any. The take over has been imminent for weeks, the whole thing is a mess and I would expect severe  sanctions against them if they do manage to stay alive.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

A normal person in this position would have to carry on working or be in breach of contract, they would be considered as quit. At least that's how I understand it, you have to be available to work even if you're not getting paid. Footballers just look on it as a free transfer, they would probably be able to claim lost earnings back too. 

I'm pretty sure teams undertake a contract to guarantee they can afford to make it to the end of the season , they would be in breach. I would expect administration . Then I would think the EFL would pay the wages,  this would allow the season to finish naturally ,  and being 'football debt' it was usually first to be paid. This may have changed now, as I know there were murmurings that it wasn't fair . 
M'boro were docked 3 points and fined £50,000 for the game they didn't fulfil , that was 1997. The points are meaningless to Bolton, that said so is the money as they don't have any. The take over has been imminent for weeks, the whole thing is a mess and I would expect severe  sanctions against them if they do manage to stay alive.

I expect them to be liquidated and starting again at the bottom

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not exactly sure where the law sits currently but the difference, that is crucial, is that all players are on fixed term employment contracts where as most people that are employed have an employment contract that does not have a fixed term.

The rules around where you stand if not being paid are different - at least, they used to be.

Archived