IGNORED

What to do

Pezo

So my first child was supposed to be born on Wednesday and isn't here yet.

My intention is to attend the game tomorrow unless she starts to go into labor. 

If she goes into labor tonight then the baby might be born before, is it OK to go to football in this scenario? Obviously can't go if she is in labor (apparently). 

What would you do?

13 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If she goes into labor tonight then the baby might be born before, is it OK to go to football in this scenario? Obviously can't go if she is in labor (apparently). 

What would you do?

If your child is born before KO tomorrow, I would go to the game.

It is very very important that mother and child ‘bond’ in the first hours after birth.......

You sticking around would jeopardize that, best you leave them to it.

On the other hand if your child has not been born before you head off to the game......then go anyway.

Turn your phone off and, with a bit of luck, you will be in the Dolman so if there are any announcements over the tannoy asking you to go and find the nearest steward you won’t hear it anyway!

2 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Birth of your 1st child is unique. If you go to the game make sure you have your getaway planned.

But how often do we play Derby with 3 games left to go and we're 1 point off the playoffs in an almost playoff deciding game. ?

The City match will be live on Radio Bristol, the goal highlights will be available within a few minutes of the game finishing and a detailed match report will be available from a number of sources. On OTIB we’ll be rating, for days to come, the performances of everyone involved. 

Unless you’ve made equivalent arrangements with the media, you’re best to stay with your wife and newborn child. If you have made broadcast arrangements please send us the link so that we can assess the performance of the midwife. 

(Good luck to the three of you)

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

What would you do?

You’ll probably be fine,my two kids were around a week or so late which is common so i’m led to believe.

45 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Would have been better to have done that nine months ago, surely?

A smaller elastic band on a different part of his anatomy?

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

...If she goes into labor tonight then the baby might be born before, is it OK to go to football in this scenario? Obviously can't go if she is in labor (apparently). 

What would you do?

Sure, if she feels up to it...she might enjoy the match.

(...best wishes and hope everything goes well).

My youngest was born on 26th August 1996. The following night we had a Tuesday night match at home v Luton. I did the right thing and visited the BMH , taking my eldest son to see his mum and for the first time his newborn brother. Thus I missed the debut of Greg Goodridge. I missed him scoring twice. I missed further goals from Goater, Nugent and a bloke named Cundy (whom I can’t at all remember). I missed a 5-0 home win.

22 years later, I’m nearly over it. 

When my daughter was born, we were home to QPR. Wife went in labour early Saturday am so knew couldn’t make the game.

In the hospital, things started getting a bit fraught about 3pm. Losing babies heartbeat etc. Major worry. After an emergency call, they scrubbed up and we had an emergency c-section at about half four.

Wife gave birth to a tiny (4lb) baby. As the doctor placed her on the wife’s chest he leaned over to me and whispered (1-1...Dele Adebola).

God bless the NHS

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Pay one of the nurses £20 to tell you in front of the mrs that visiting hours end at 2pm and start again at 6pm.

Gert big signs everywhere these days stating that partners are allowed in whenever, just the rest of the family that have restricted times. ;) 

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Gert big signs everywhere these days stating that partners are allowed in whenever, just the rest of the family that have restricted times. ;) 

Good point. Ok, pay the same amount to tell the mrs that you’ve done something slightly naughty (your choice what) and need time out from the hospital of 3-4 hours ?

My daughter was born on Tuesday, and now I get two weeks maternity so will get at least to witness the end of season, all be it on streams etc, but so glad as I do shift work and would of been in for Saturdays game. But I love the city but wouldn't miss that experience for a football match, enjoy it, one of best experiences ever. 

Archived