IGNORED

What to do

Pezo

I have a similar dilemma - getting married tomorrow so clearly one has to prioritise - I' ve got a Heineken Lounge hospitality ticket as well.....so if anyone wants to take my place they're welcome ...pm me

It's at St. Mary's Church Thornbury 2pm and her name's Heather.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

My wife gave birth early on a Saturday morning 12 years ago . I went to football on the afternoon and we beat Yeovil 2-0 . Best day of my life. And having the child was alright as well  :laughcont:

Didn’t LJ score for us that day? I seem to remember him notching .... and I also remember a bloody big crowd turned up as well - between 19k and 20k? .... glad the best day of your life was a good one mate! 

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

My youngest was born on 26th August 1996. The following night we had a Tuesday night match at home v Luton. I did the right thing and visited the BMH , taking my eldest son to see his mum and for the first time his newborn brother. Thus I missed the debut of Greg Goodridge. I missed him scoring twice. I missed further goals from Goater, Nugent and a bloke named Cundy (whom I can’t at all remember). I missed a 5-0 home win.

22 years later, I’m nearly over it. 

I too did the right thing on the day of my eldest sons birth and missed the 6-0 drubbing of Bolton. 

The night before my younger son was born we played away to Man City. His birth did not seem to be as lucky for City as his brothers. 

I guess I'll only have to buy one season ticket.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

I have a similar dilemma - getting married tomorrow so clearly one has to prioritise - I' ve got a Heineken Lounge hospitality ticket as well.....so if anyone wants to take my place they're welcome ...pm me

It's at St. Mary's Church Thornbury 2pm and her name's Heather.

Ah gutted, I'll be down the football. Sorry ?

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

So my first child was supposed to be born on Wednesday and isn't here yet.

My intention is to attend the game tomorrow unless she starts to go into labor. 

If she goes into labor tonight then the baby might be born before, is it OK to go to football in this scenario? Obviously can't go if she is in labor (apparently). 

What would you do?

What would I do ?

Family first mate.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Remember being at a game at AG years ago, before the days of everyone owning a mobile phone, when the tannoy announced "Would xxxxx please return home immediately, your wife has gone into labour ". Cue much cheering from the crowd. 

Used to happen all the time.

Men weren't expected to be present at the birth until relatively recently - in fact quite the opposite, traditionally they were encouraged to keep well away.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Unless she’s actively in labour, go to the game. First babies generally take ages to arrive, and so should she go into labour, you’ll have plenty of time to get to her, should you need to leave. 

This. Once her waters break, you’ll still probably be hours away from birth. 

My Ex picked me up from the Rising Sun after her waters broke, on a match day. She insisted!

we didn’t even head off to the hospital until the early hours of the morning. 

It’s usually a long process and you’ll have plenty of notice once the first signs appear. 

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The City match will be live on Radio Bristol, the goal highlights will be available within a few minutes of the game finishing and a detailed match report will be available from a number of sources. On OTIB we’ll be rating, for days to come, the performances of everyone involved. 

Unless you’ve made equivalent arrangements with the media, you’re best to stay with your wife and newborn child. If you have made broadcast arrangements please send us the link so that we can assess the performance of the midwife. 

(Good luck to the three of you)

Rudolf..... the question is....... ;)

14 minutes ago, Pezo said:

All a moot point now - baby born this morning. Everyone is healthy. I need some sleep before football. 

They put a bloody blue hat on him! 

Ahh congratulations! Better get down the shop and get him a red one.

Any names yet? Or does that depend on who scores/get sent off this afternoon?

16 minutes ago, Pezo said:

All a moot point now - baby born this morning. Everyone is healthy. I need some sleep before football. 

A suitable receptacle for baby`s first poo?

Congratulations to you and yours mate, let`s hope the lads can make it a doubly great day!

25 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Congratulations. Your life will now change forever. And for the better.

Toby was born 15 years ago on Tuesday. A day that is with me every day. Never in a million years did I think then that he’d be my wingman today, eager to bait Scott Carson ?.

Me and his mum are no longer married so he’ll be blowing out candles on Tuesday. Shame as he really wants to come to Millwall.

Enjoy your time together! 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn’t LJ score for us that day? I seem to remember him notching .... and I also remember a bloody big crowd turned up as well - between 19k and 20k? .... glad the best day of your life was a good one mate! 

https://www.11v11.com/matches/bristol-city-v-yeovil-town-14-april-2007-277560/

Great memory. Well I suppose I remembered the date .  :laughcont:

This is a perfect situation for mobile phones you can talk her through the birth while your watching the match . She can also enjoy the atmosphere which will distract her from the pain.  

Joking aside  my best memories in order  are 

1   Being present at the birth of my two children 

2   Getting married 35 years ago

3 At anfield watching us beat Liverpool 

If your with the right woman she will be happy for you to go as long as your there for the birth bit. 

Archived