IGNORED

Weimanns on fire...

OldlandReddies

16 hours ago, Lucan said:

His scoring record is average this season, and utter crap before 

Do you factor in assists? Thought not. 10 goals and 4 assists while for some while he had self sacrifice as a wide midfielder- NOT a winger as some might state- isn't bad. Been in and out a bit too, plus his intense work rate.

Had between 2-4 goals wrongly disallowed too.

Modern strikers are measured on more than just goals. In fact at a decent level, just being a poacher generally doesn't see people flourish.

6 minutes ago, Lucan said:

5 assists (according to worldfootball.net) puts him somewhere between 51st and 70th in the championship

STOP. THE. PRESS. GUYS

So you are right, I should factor in assists and see that he is still a mediocre workhorse.  

Yeah goals and assists had it down as 4 but I'll double check.

Opinion on the wrongly disallowed goals- I make it between 2 and 4.

On 27/04/2019 at 08:45, old_eastender said:

Really?  I'm not so convinced. Yes he runs himself into the ground each match, but not enough end product for me. The last two games he has gone back to looking  like he could not hit a barn door with his shooting, hitting at least 6ft wide or high, and that's if he even manages to get a shot off. Often when his runs have got him in great scoring position he either wants to take an extra touch and his shot gets blocked by the defender as a result, or he abdicates shooting and tries unsuccessfully to play in a teammate instead.

The big problem was having him on the right he could cut in but couldn’t shoot with his left foot .

Is he good enough ?

Are there better options out there ? 

Does he merit a starting berth ? 

I like the player , intelligent, energetic and should have more goals having seen at least two good ones ruled out . 

A bargain at two million.

On 27/04/2019 at 11:21, RedDave said:

Would welcome that but I think if Paterson is fit then LJ will go for him. LJ making the safer decisions recently

Thought he would play because their was a pic of him during training used in Twitter official account with title ‘focused’

seems a pointless signing and can’t see how we will try and sign him in the summer when he has barely been used

Archived