IGNORED

Bristol City v Frank Lampard's Derby County Match Day 44

Septic Peg

Good morning.

Batten down the hatches today folks. It's windier than the gastroenterology clinic at the B.R.I. 

Today's game is the 6 pointer. The game that will probably decide our fate. However, one game that has no bearing on anyone's fate is the Bolton v Brentford match.

Vive la résistance! The players have finally hung up their boots, assembled oil drums outside the gates and are striking about their missing pay packets. As a union girl myself, I have to say that the PFA haven't done much in this case from what I can see. The striking seems to come from the players themselves, rather than union organised striking. I mean, just last month, the players refused to train for 48 hours to get non-playing staff their wages. Because it was non-playing staff, the union would not have backed it.

Watford fans suggest Bolton are jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire with their ex chair, Laurence Bassini, buying Bolton. Google his name and you find this as the top result...

Laurence Bassini
Businessman

Description

Krusty The Clown is a Stanmore-based English businessman, and former chairman of Watford Football Club. Wikipedia

Born: 4 April 1970 (age 49 years)

For those unaware, Krusty the Clown is the haphazard alcoholic clown from the Simpsons. Wonder who did that little edit...

Mr Bassini has a chequered history with businesses and has had a previous bankruptcy, has been found guilty of deception and banned from owning a football club for 3 years. That ban ended 3 years ago. Here's an interesting article that goes more into detail... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/18/watford-former-bankrupt-owner-laurence-bassini-buy-bolton

Either way, I feel for all Bolton staff and fans at the moment. It seems like no matter what happens, it's gonna be shit. The unprecedented actions of the players striking and the EFL postponement is showing the gravity of the situation. It's just plain awful.

In other news.

Drake, the American rapper (ask anyone that is currently under the age of 18 to explain who he is) is bringing a curse to sports players and teams he visits. Sergio Aguero was photographed meeting the Champagne Papi (wtf I know...) and Man City went on to lose v Tottenham in the Champs League. This "curse" has floated around basketball teams, NFL teams and numerous other sporting outfits including the Queen of tennis, Serena Williams.

Now clubs are taking the matter into their own hands...

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO make sure none of the lads go near this fella ok?

On to today.

Like I said, this is the 6 pointer. The deciding game. Fall here and it's another year of the Champ. Win and we've got a chance with a game in hand.

Because of this and the fact it's the last home game of the season (don't run on the pitch at the final whistle, you'll get banned, thrown out, disemboweled etc), plus it's Frank Lampard's Derby, plus their injuries and ours. I'm sticking in a 2-2. Matty and Weimann. 

Until next week!

COYRS!!!

Can not wait until 3pm today, this is going to be a fantastic game of football. Who would have thought after Flint, Bryan & Reid left last summer we would go into the last game of the season with a real chance of making the play offs. A superb effort by the players and management.

Unfortunately I think today is must win and I don’t think we will. Agree with @RedM with a 2-2 draw   

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Really surprised if this isn’t the team today. Maybe Hunt will start

Maenpaa

Wright Kalas Webster Dasilva

Weimann B’hill Pack Elliason

Paterson 

Diedhiou 

Hunt over Wright every time, but our Head Coach has favourites, Wright being one. Fam should not start but rather be an impact sub. Snatches at things at home. Wait until they are tiring.

10 minutes ago, daored said:

Can not wait until 3pm today, this is going to be a fantastic game of football. Who would have thought after Flint, Bryan & Reid left last summer we would go into the last game of the season with a real chance of making the play offs. A superb effort by the players and management staff

Whatever the result today this season has been pretty good. Who would have thought at the start that City would be this high up in league with just three games to go especially with losing three first team regulars last summer and without Famara for the first six games?

If we fail to stay in pray offs it’ll be because we’re not quite good enough yet, after all the table doesn’t  lie. However what finishing 7th or 8th will do is put pressure on everyone involved at the club from LJ right thru to us fans to expect an even better campaign next season.

26 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good morning.

Batten down the hatches today folks. It's windier than the gastroenterology clinic at the B.R.I. 

Today's game is the 6 pointer. The game that will probably decide our fate. However, one game that has no bearing on anyone's fate is the Bolton v Brentford match.

Vive la résistance! The players have finally hung up their boots, assembled oil drums outside the gates and are striking about their missing pay packets. As a union girl myself, I have to say that the PFA haven't done much in this case from what I can see. The striking seems to come from the players themselves, rather than union organised striking. I mean, just last month, the players refused to train for 48 hours to get non-playing staff their wages. Because it was non-playing staff, the union would not have backed it.

Watford fans suggest Bolton are jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire with their ex chair, Laurence Bassini, buying Bolton. Google his name and you find this as the top result...

Laurence Bassini
Businessman

Description

Krusty The Clown is a Stanmore-based English businessman, and former chairman of Watford Football Club. Wikipedia

Born: 4 April 1970 (age 49 years)

For those unaware, Krusty the Clown is the haphazard alcoholic clown from the Simpsons. Wonder who did that little edit...

Mr Bassini has a chequered history with businesses and has had a previous bankruptcy, has been found guilty of deception and banned from owning a football club for 3 years. That ban ended 3 years ago. Here's an interesting article that goes more into detail... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/18/watford-former-bankrupt-owner-laurence-bassini-buy-bolton

Either way, I feel for all Bolton staff and fans at the moment. It seems like no matter what happens, it's gonna be shit. The unprecedented actions of the players striking and the EFL postponement is showing the gravity of the situation. It's just plain awful.

In other news.

Drake, the American rapper (ask anyone that is currently under the age of 18 to explain who he is) is bringing a curse to sports players and teams he visits. Sergio Aguero was photographed meeting the Champagne Papi (wtf I know...) and Man City went on to lose v Tottenham in the Champs League. This "curse" has floated around basketball teams, NFL teams and numerous other sporting outfits including the Queen of tennis, Serena Williams.

Now clubs are taking the matter into their own hands...

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO make sure none of the lads go near this fella ok?

On to today.

Like I said, this is the 6 pointer. The deciding game. Fall here and it's another year of the Champ. Win and we've got a chance with a game in hand.

Because of this and the fact it's the last home game of the season (don't run on the pitch at the final whistle, you'll get banned, thrown out, disemboweled etc), plus it's Frank Lampard's Derby, plus their injuries and ours. I'm sticking in a 2-2. Matty and Weimann. 

Until next week!

COYRS!!!

Condensed Version

Derby County:

It's windy.

35 minutes ago, daored said:

Can not wait until 3pm today, this is going to be a fantastic game of football. Who would have thought after Flint, Bryan & Reid left last summer we would go into the last game of the season with a real chance of making the play offs. A superb effort by the players and management.

Unfortunately I think today is must win and I don’t think we will. Agree with @RedM with a 2-2 draw   

If we turn up face paced as we did against WBA we will be fine but if we show up like we have in any other the last few home games it will be done and dusted by HT. Every single one of us needs to show up. 

What a game this promises to be; the wind blowing the ball all over the place, Lee v Frank, crucial points to play for, packed Ashton Gate with fans singing from the Atyeo.

Cannot bloody wait.  I'm sat about ten rows above the dug outs, so will be interested to get a first-hand look at Frank v Lee as the match progresses.

City to edge it 2-1, Brownhill and Weimann to score.

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSS

COME ON READING, KEEP UP YOUR GOOD FORM AGAINST BORO!

Hope for       

Maenpaa

Hunt Kalas Webster Dasilva

Weimann Brownhill Pack Elliason

Palmer 

Diedhiou 

Or maybe

Maenpaa

Brownhill Pack Walsh 

Palmer 

Weimann  Diedhiou 

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Maenpaa

Brownhill Pack Walsh 

Palmer 

Weimann  Diedhiou 

I like that team, not sure it would be right for today but bags of promise there.

56 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

If we turn up face paced as we did against WBA we will be fine but if we show up like we have in any other the last few home games it will be done and dusted by HT. Every single one of us needs to show up. 

I’m going to stick my neck out and suggest the performance of the other team may also influence the outcome.

My heart says we will just about win it, my head says something different......

If, as has been said above, we start as we did against WBA we could be fine, but if we play the slow ponderous possession stuff I fear for us.

I don’t think FLDC are any great shakes so it could come down to who handles the occasion best - a defeat for either is a hammer blow to their chances of the play-offs. Therefore, I think it will be nervy and if I was a neutral that liked a bet I would go 1-1.

We go do with this wind calming down as currently it could play a part and it would be a shame if that happened.

23 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

My heart says we will just about win it, my head says something different......

If, as has been said above, we start as we did against WBA we could be fine, but if we play the slow ponderous possession stuff I fear for us.

I don’t think FLDC are any great shakes so it could come down to who handles the occasion best - a defeat for either is a hammer blow to their chances of the play-offs. Therefore, I think it will be nervy and if I was a neutral that liked a bet I would go 1-1.

We go do with this wind calming down as currently it could play a part and it would be a shame if that happened.

Midfield is key.

I am carrying two sets of playoff worries today. City a club managed by a former player, LJ, whom I have supported since 1950/51 season, and a club managed by a City legend's grandson,Hinshelwood of Worthing.  I shall be at Worthing ground at 3pm hopefully watching them beat Merstham, and have my iPhone linked to Ashton Gate updates.

Hoping by 5pm to see Worthing in playoff finals and City a step nearer.

38 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Maenpa

Pisano  Kalas.   Baker.    Da Silva

Webster.

Brownhill.    Walsh.    Eliasson

Weimann.  Deidhiou.

I like this team , is Mäenpää available?

Afternoon all! (it is here)  Got to get a win today, this is a very very must win and as others have said, they have to start like they did against WBA and keep it up for as long as possible in the second half. Hopefully we will have scored a couple by then and managed to keep them out.  as Jack Reacher says "Hope for the best but plan for the worse"  Got to be very close today and either can win by the odd goal. So do it for all the fans boy's  COYR's

My neighbour is a Derby fan so that adds to the occasion.

It’s brilliant that we have such a big game to look forward to today, huge thanks and credit to everyone, on and off the pitch, who have enabled our progress as a Club. 

My, somewhat bizarre result prediction, is 0-0. Obviously hope I’m wrong and City record a great win.

Regardless of the result, let’s be sure that after the game we show our full appreciation to the players and staff who have made this a memorable season. 

COYR.

Archived