IGNORED

Bristol City v Frank Lampard's Derby County Match Day 44

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Pack will start all day long even if he has been poor but they all have as a team. Walsh has a talent but let's face it if we bolster are ranks this summer he'll be no where near the 1st team.

Not sure regarding Walsh, I think he is a player.

No way should Pack start today............but he will.

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

If we turn up face paced as we did against WBA we will be fine but if we show up like we have in any other the last few home games it will be done and dusted by HT. Every single one of us needs to show up. 

Derby's away record isn't all that. Bit like our home form. One away win for Derby since mid December though..that said it was 4-3 at Norwich! The aforementioned on Boxing Day their last away win though.

If I was a betting adviser I'd suggest a tense, nervy, high stakes draw a likely outcome. Hope I'm very wrong though and we have a West Brom type start!

I'm hoping that Frank Lampard's Derby County has a massive bust up before kick-off and we end up playing against Frank Lampard. The good news will be that our opponents will be a tad light in the goalkeeper, defender and striker positions. The bad news is LJ will probably employ a bold 0-10-0 formation to counter Just Frank Lampard FC strength in midfield.

13 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Pack will start all day long even if he has been poor but they all have as a team. Walsh has a talent but let's face it if we bolster are ranks this summer he'll be no where near the 1st team.

Pack has been frustratingly out of form lately but I think it’s right that he’ll start. We saw against Wolves what we look like when he’s not playing and we looked weak and lightweight without him. I just hope that he returns to something like his best form today. 

I really hope we throw caution to the wind and come out flying. Our defensive record has been nowhere near as strong as earlier in the season lately so for me we need to play with pace and purpose and really attack. When we get at teams and move the ball quickly we look a real threat; we just don’t see it consistently enough at home. Keeping it tight and hitting them on the break won’t work this afternoon imo. 

My heart says a 2-1 City win. Head says a cagey 1-1. 

31 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

My neighbour is a Derby fan so that adds to the occasion.

It’s brilliant that we have such a big game to look forward to today, huge thanks and credit to everyone, on and off the pitch, who have enabled our progress as a Club. 

My, somewhat bizarre result prediction, is 0-0. Obviously hope I’m wrong and City record a great win.

Regardless of the result, let’s be sure that after the game we show our full appreciation to the players and staff who have made this a memorable season. 

COYR.

You think you’ve got worries Isewater junior is a Rams fan ( City is his favourite second club ) 

In my opinion, if we win he can he happy .

Team selection and tactics will be key today. Get it right and we can beat the Rams and still be in with a good chance.  Get it wrong and our season is over.

Hoping we will start with:

Maenpaa

Pisano   Kalas   Baker   DaSilva

Webster

Eliasson    Brownhill   Paterson

Weimann Diedhiou

2-0 City COYR

Today is so or die, plenty of people have written us off countless times saying we're already done but lose today and they're pretty much correct. 

Today is as big as a cup game IMO, I hope the lads see it that way too and go all out for the win. 

4-3 to City.

Wilson scores twice early on to put Derby 2-0 up.

Then Brownhill gets brought down by keeper Kelle Roos, who is red carded.  Lampard, taking a tip from LJ, hasn’t named a keeper on the bench, so Huddlestone goes in goal.

Jay Dasilva scores from the spot, whilst Marlon has nipped off to change his little ones nappy.

Second half, Eliasson is put through and scores 1on1 to make it Desmond 2-2.

Lampard sensing City are gonna go on to win, brings on Richard Keogh to shore up the defence.  Kalas launches a ball forward, and Keogh, momentarily forgetting he doesn’t play for City anymore, heads past Huddlestone....3-2 to City, everyone bouncing around the ground.

But this is Bristol City, we don’t do things the easy way.

Within moments, a cross comes over, City appeal for offside to no avail, and Wilson gets his hatrick...3-3.

Lots of anxious moments, until Eliasson picks out Diedhiou at the far stick who glances one home from 6 yards...4-3, City back in the play-off spots.

Of course something like this could never happy in real life could it?

I watched SSN  this morning and they came across so biased. They broadcast a press conference with Frank Lampard, but not LJ. Viewers were then informed by the Sky presenter "A win for Derby today will end Bristol City's hopes of reaching the play offs".

Nothing about the implications of a win for City though. That alone should be enough for  team talk for today.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Of course something like this could never happy in real life could it?

For our younger readers... 

Also, go back forty years (it doesn't seem that long), City and Derby were both fighting relegation. Derby came to AG and won 2-0. The following week they returned for a Cup game and City triumphed 6-2.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

For our younger readers... 

Also, go back forty years (it doesn't seem that long), City and Derby were both fighting relegation. Derby came to AG and won 2-0. The following week they returned for a Cup game and City triumphed 6-2.

So we just need to lose today, then next week we'll thrash 'em 6-2 again.

This has to be my most flawless plan ever.

Really pleased to see Niki Maenpaa back.

Max has done wonderfully, has a great future ahead of him and his individual performance against Aston Villa was as good as I've seen. But I've no doubt in my mind that we're a better team with Maenpaa in it.

Just now, RedDave said:

Good chance Webster will be midfield 

Said this before the teams came out and think it even more so now. Against a possession-based side - similar to West Brom - it would make a lot of sense.

1 minute ago, santibello said:

This made me think - how do people describe us as a side? I wouldn't say we're possession based but we're also far from direct

Counter attacking.

We're possession based in that when we have it we do like to pass it about, but to the extent that we have been in the past.

Sort of a hybrid between a pure counter attacking side and a possession based one 

Apparently Derby are woeful at defending from crosses, heard this from their own fans. Gutted to see Eliasson not start, and also Palmer; whom I thought looked really lively and maybe our best player against Sheffield Wednesday. 

Both Dasilva and Hunt really need to up their crossing today, as it's been dreadful recently. 

Glad to see Niki back in goal, despite Max doing alright. 

Archived