IGNORED

Bristol City v Frank Lampard's Derby County Match Day 44

Septic Peg

This is what happens when for 2 seasons straight we have blown a great position in january by not recruiting a decent striker, lj and the players couldnt have done any more, they have given everything,,,, we are about 15 million up on last summer and recalling semenyo was the best we could come up with. The club has messed this up, again

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I agree with what you say but the rule has changed. What you are saying is irrelevant 

What I am saying is that the challenge was not dangerous. No dangerous challenge - No red card. Simple as that.

But I sense this is not going anywhere, so I guess let's agree to disagree

21 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

It was a red. It was naive and stupid, and it could cost us the play offs.

I'm not sure if it's red.........but it's not two footed, because his right leg is tucked under his body, so it might be a foot and a knee. I know i'm being pedantic, but it doesn't look that bad to me, and it's a harsh decision.

54 minutes ago, simon uk said:

This is what happens when for 2 seasons straight we have blown a great position in january by not recruiting a decent striker, lj and the players couldnt have done any more, they have given everything,,,, we are about 15 million up on last summer and recalling semenyo was the best we could come up with. The club has messed this up, again

This season, I agree.

Last season? No offence but I'll say it- you possibly don't get- or understand- FFP.

Being £15m up is a red herring but I agree had the figures for Assombolonga loan this Jan quoted been accurate..we should've snapped Middlesbrough's hand off!

By the way, perhaps I'm being churlish. Entirely possible you do understand it and are just pretending like it doesn't exist. :)

3 minutes ago, simon uk said:

They will say they have had to follow FFP and that next season they can splash the cash. Does not put any gloss on another 'capitulation' granted.

FT 0-2

I agree though; City have not recruited that well and lets not forget the creative midfielder... not had one for 4 seasons now.

When are we going to realise as a club we need to spend money on quality player to succeed, it's not this game that's that's cost us really it's our useless home form... Simple really were just not quite good enough, at least 3 big players away at the moment (5 if all the loans go back) 

As Stan Mortenson once said to me when we both played for Bath City decades ago - nothing else is relevant if you do not score goals ! We have a record striker signing who has scored how many ?? Add to that the utterly clueless selection and tactics at home by our super duper manager and we got what we deserved - never mind - we might finish one place above last season so Colin will have it right and LJ is on the best ever job - I doubt we will be fighting off offers to recruit him.  Going nowhere with LJ but how many care any more - note that Mids beat Reading at home but LJ thought we got a good point - should never have appointed him - in reality what has he achieved - spent millions on crap really !

1 minute ago, keflav said:

When are we going to realise as a club we need to spend money on quality player to succeed, it's not this game that's that's cost us really it's our useless home form... Simple really were just not quite good enough, at least 3 big players away at the moment (5 if all the loans go back) 

This summer we have the financial wriggle room if we so choose to give it a bit of a go.

2 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Good season but still feel disappointed. As I said earlier today. Questions have to be asked over recent formation and team selection (Pack, Paterson etc). Potentially the size of the pitch needs to be reviewed also.

Over to you MA and SL now to demonstrate how serious you are this summer to improve this club.

Well, the Post claims we want to sign 7 players in the summer, a couple of which will be ones for the future. This raises some questions.

1. We will soon be able to field a team of ones for the future, just not in the present.

2. After last season LJ said he wanted a smaller squad with more quality but the squad keeps growing. Why on earth was Watkins signed for instance?

3. If we were to sign, say, 5 players for the present what happens to the alleged pathway from the Academy?

4. CO'D will go but we will have too many senior players who are not good enough, like Watkins and Taylor. There are no indications that we are looking to offload the spare parts so the wage bill will be inflated.

5. Who is actually doing the planning, given that we seem to be planning to do contradictory things?

8 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

The lack of a quality goal scorer and a creative midfielder has been City's problem for a few seasons now. SL has know this for ages and done nothing about it. Please don't give me the thing about FFP and being substainable, other clubs manage it, why can't City?

I really can't argue with that and would have to agree.  Money has to be spent next season.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I'm not sure if it's red.........but it's not two footed, because his right leg is tucked under his body, so it might be a foot and a knee. I know i'm being pedantic, but it doesn't look that bad to me, and it's a harsh decision.

It’s not the worst tackle I’ve ever seen, but you can’t tackle like that these days. It was a Sunday league challenge and we can’t have too many complaints.

2 minutes ago, keflav said:

Like Sheffield United didn’t ?

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

They will say they have had to follow FFP and that next season they can splash the cash. Does not put any gloss on another 'capitulation' granted.

FT 0-2

I agree though; City have not recruited that well and lets not forget the creative midfielder... not had one for 4 seasons now.

Isn't Kasey Palmer a creative midfielder?

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t know why everyone is so sad. 

If at the start Of the season you had offered us 8th place with 2 games to go with a mathematical chance of the playoffs we’d all have taken it.*

*I don’t really believe this. It just what everyone’s attitude has been every time we lose recently and it’s not a good attitude to have. It’s bloody awful. It’s acceptance of mediocrity (although ironic I accept given that it sounds like today has been one of our better recent performances!)

Mediocre and mediocrity are deliberately pejorative words, used to outweigh the facts. Which are that we are now an above average Championship team, exactly what most of us were begging for a few years ago.

Archived