IGNORED

Bristol City v Frank Lampard's Derby County Match Day 44

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, longyears said:

As Stan Mortenson once said to me when we both played for Bath City decades ago - nothing else is relevant if you do not score goals ! We have a record striker signing who has scored how many ?? Add to that the utterly clueless selection and tactics at home by our super duper manager and we got what we deserved - never mind - we might finish one place above last season so Colin will have it right and LJ is on the best ever job - I doubt we will be fighting off offers to recruit him.  Going nowhere with LJ but how many care any more - note that Mids beat Reading at home but LJ thought we got a good point - should never have appointed him - in reality what has he achieved - spent millions on crap really !

T.     Wat .

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t know why everyone is so sad. 

If at the start Of the season you had offered us 8th place with 2 games to go with a mathematical chance of the playoffs we’d all have taken it.*

*I don’t really believe this. It just what everyone’s attitude has been every time we lose recently and it’s not a good attitude to have. It’s bloody awful. It’s acceptance of mediocrity (although ironic I accept given that it sounds like today has been one of our better recent performances!)

I think you’ll probably find that the ones moaning loudest now, are most likely the ones who were saying how shit we are and how we’re going to be in a relegation fight during our first ‘blip’ at the start of the season. 

To$$ers.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This season, I agree.

Last season? No offence but I'll say it- you possibly don't get- or understand- FFP.

Being £15m up is a red herring but I agree had the figures for Assombolonga loan this Jan quoted been accurate..we should've snapped Middlesbrough's hand off!

What was the loan figures? Don't think I've seen 

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Mediocre and mediocrity are deliberately pejorative words, used to outweigh the facts. Which are that we are now an above average Championship team, exactly what most of us were begging for a few years ago.

I take your point. However, the attitude is a bit like winning £1m on the lottery and then losing £999,995 gambling. Hey,  I’m £5 richer than I was.

its irrelevant what we wanted. We reassess our hopes and beliefs based on the here and now. And right now being so shit against Reading and Wigan has really cost us, even if previously we would have been happy to be fair to middling championship side a few years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This season, I agree.

Last season? No offence but I'll say it- you possibly don't get- or understand- FFP.

Being £15m up is a red herring but I agree had the figures for Assombolonga loan this Jan quoted been accurate..we should've snapped Middlesbrough's hand off!

I don't believe for one moment that Boro would have let him to a direct rival. Steve Gibson is nobody's fool. What has happened since makes me think Gibson told Pulis to play him and stop asking for more money to spend.

Even assuming the player, having played for 2 bigger clubs, would regard joining us as anything other than a backward step. Which, let's face it, it would be.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I don't believe for one moment that Boro would have let him to a direct rival. Steve Gibson is nobody's fool. What has happened since makes me think Gibson told Pulis to play him and stop asking for more money to spend.

Even assuming the player, having played for 2 bigger clubs, would regard joining us as anything other than a backward step. Which, let's face it, it would be.

Perhaps it was a bit of wishful thinking on my part?

I'd like to thank all the supporters who have been at the Gate and on their travels this season, especially those who keep the exiles like me informed on this forum throughout the games, match reports and those in the know who impart the goings on behind the scenes. I salute you all.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps it was a bit of wishful thinking on my part?

I have no doubt we wanted him and tried to get him but as I say I just don't see Steve Gibson being daft enough to agree to it.

Imagine the uproar from already disgruntled Boro fans if had scored the goals to get us promoted at their expense.

12 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Isn't Kasey Palmer a creative midfielder?

10 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

He impresses me as a creative footballer 

Not been the crucial signing we wanted though has he? Not forgetting he came a bit late in the day; as in about 4 years and he will go back soon. Not sure he is the answer anyway.

1 minute ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I'd like to thank all the supporters who have been at the Gate and on their travels this season, especially those who keep the exiles like me informed on this forum throughout the games, match reports and those in the know who impart the goings on behind the scenes. I salute you all.

Second that!

Archived