IGNORED

I thought we were excellent.

Lez

I loved all the oles from the Derby fans towards the end, when the 10 men were dead on their feet and could barely stand.

Proud of the boys today. Great effort, yes lacking a bit of quality, but also some luck.

Don't even start me on Mr. Bond.

I'm sure Frank (he's famous you know) will be very proud of you tonight.

Sleep well, ****

57 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Gutted to lose out to a crap Derby side. 

My fear now is that we fizzle out completely and finish 10th or 11th. That would be a total kick in the teeth.

Distinctly possible but the difference to last season is that it won't be the result of any players sulking and downing tools.

37 minutes ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

I agree, we played well today.

Outplayed them even when down to 10 until the 2nd goal.

Derby aren't a good side and Lampard's celebrations with their fans at the end were cringeworthy.

I'm pretty sure we'll be playing them again next season.

Yeah, was thinking ‘what a fraud’ when he was giving it the big one at the end. They are a pretty poor team, with a few clinical attacking players. Can’t see them getting very far in the playoffs 

29 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

They put in a shift but no end product from anyone today. And to be fair we could've conceded five. Very disappointed. When it came down to a three-way fight between Middlesboro, Derby and us, it was always going to be us who slipped up. We ALWAYS slip up when push comes to shove.

**** off.

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

Slipped? Sorry mate, that wasn't a slip.it was a poor challenge. Inexperience shown there.

Just looked, I think the Derby player kicks Semenyos foot, not convinced it was a booking. Was it any worse than at least 2 of their challenges ?

well this a refreshing thread!! Apart from one poster that is... but yeah, positives all round and we're up challenging again. lets be honest though even with my most red red specs on I dont think we're good enough right now, we need to be in a position where we boss the league and we just dont have the squad... lets see what the summer brings... Up the city. oh... and it aint over yet...? stranger things have happened at sea...

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just looked, I think the Derby player kicks Semenyos foot, not convinced it was a booking. Was it any worse than at least 2 of their challenges ?

That's absolutely what happened. Huddlestone has kicked the bottom of Semenyo's boot.

More annoyed with that now that when I saw it live.

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Outplayed them. Positive signs going into next season.

Red card killed it. Looked a horrible decision as semanyo slipped? 

Very proud of this team.

I was behind the tackle in the Dolman (don’t hold that against me) and it didn’t look like a slip, just a poor tackle. It didn’t, remotely, look like a red card either. I would have been surprised with a yellow card. What made things worse was the referee’s leniency towards Derby. Fammy had an elbow in his face, and left the field with  blood a blood injury, but the ref didn’t even give a free kick 

7 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Great effort today, and a very entertaining game until the sending off. Stats say it all, 2-0 to the referee. 

Screenshot_20190427-183800.png

The stats are true, but they hide a major failing by City. We had lots of shots, but most were ineffective with the Derby goalkeeper having to make easy saves. We need more clinical finishing next season 

Archived