IGNORED

I thought we were excellent.

Lez

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We didn't score. They had two goals disallowed.

2 and 2 doesn't equal "5" and Derby created virtually nothing outside of the goals (including those disallowed).

On the other hand we had players queuing up to shoot even when down to 10 men and, particularly second half, created many chances.

16 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We didn't score. They had two goals disallowed.

We didn't score and they were flagged offside and went on to score after.  They weren't disallowed. The only reason they were in a position to break like that, is the deflection that gave them a goal... Luck ?  Then on the other hand , brilliant header cleared off the line, again luck , this time bad. Goals change games,few weeks ago Villa could have scored a few judging by the saves Max made. Thing is , if we hadn't had the goal disallowed and they hadn't been given a Pen then the game would have been different. If thy hadn't had that slice of luck to go 1-0 up, ,things could have been very different.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. I thought we were very good today. A few below par performances that cost us, and the refs performance cost us most of all. But a few outstanding performances, Brownhill, Dasilva and Paterson.

Thought Pato was excellent today, gutted at the result, we gave 105 % but the simple fact is we need an accomplished striker for next year to complete the jigsaw, an out of favour Premiership player would really help. Mate reckons Charlie Austin at Saints would be a good investment, dont know about that but really need experience to help Fam out. We will see 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

They put in a shift but no end product from anyone today. And to be fair we could've conceded five. Very disappointed. When it came down to a three-way fight between Middlesboro, Derby and us, it was always going to be us who slipped up. We ALWAYS slip up when push comes to shove.

Two or three of the five came when the dead on their feet ten men went to two at the back in the last 10 minutes. You knew that, really, though didn’t you?

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Slipped? Sorry mate, that wasn't a slip.it was a poor challenge. Inexperience shown there.

I’m yet to see it so feel free to correct me, but not one person around me even thought it was a foul let alone a red! It looked like his foot went on top of and then over the ball. Never a ref from my one look of it 

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

They put in a shift but no end product from anyone today. And to be fair we could've conceded five. Very disappointed. When it came down to a three-way fight between Middlesboro, Derby and us, it was always going to be us who slipped up. We ALWAYS slip up when push comes to shove.

Er all those chances came after the 2nd goal went in. That scoreline was harsh and had we scored in that period after the sending off when we battered them i reckon we would of won the game.

4 minutes ago, Lucan said:

FWIW I agree with the gent. We have a soft underbelly and were always apt to fail when it mattered most.

no need for the curse words IMO

Every need for it, it was an ott post from someone who (like yourself) thrives on having something negative to say.

1 hour ago, Will Rollason said:

well this a refreshing thread!! Apart from one poster that is... but yeah, positives all round and we're up challenging again. lets be honest though even with my most red red specs on I dont think we're good enough right now, we need to be in a position where we boss the league and we just dont have the squad... lets see what the summer brings... Up the city. oh... and it aint over yet...? stranger things have happened at sea...

From my angle (not a great one) I thought Huddlestone was late, and that’s why it looked worse.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

We were decent today. Flukey deflection for their first goal and we could have had 4 on another day

Disagree, could have lost 5-0 on another day albeit caught on the break. We’ve barely troubled their keeper bar one goal line clearance in the second half

We played really well, could only complain about minor issues other than the one of the idiot ref!

Have to admit Paterson surprised me, really good performance from him, best we have seen in the 2nd half of the season, a little more composure in front of goal is all he could have improved on!

Yes I know he is not a player I would not have had in the squad, based on past performance but today he showed he should still wear the shirt!

COYR

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Disagree, could have lost 5-0 on another day albeit caught on the break. We’ve barely troubled their keeper bar one goal line clearance in the second half

We hit the bar, had Kalas header cleared off line, Paterson and Brownhill went so close at start of 2nd half, various other goalmouth scrambles. Even with ten men we were incredibly unlucky to be 1 down. 

We all know why they got their 2nd and almost added more.

7 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Please stop trying to justify your personal attacks. I am entitled to my opinion.

I'm not justifying anything.

But when someone only appears when there's chance to complain people are fully entitled to point that out.

Why weren't you posting when we were unbeaten in 15?

But you appear now when our playoff chances are almost certainly over despite, and despite the fact we actually played really well you concentrate purely on negative things to say.

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I loved all the oles from the Derby fans towards the end, when the 10 men were dead on their feet and could barely stand.

Proud of the boys today. Great effort, yes lacking a bit of quality, but also some luck.

Don't even start me on Mr. Bond.

I'm sure Frank (he's famous you know) will be very proud of you tonight.

Sleep well, ****

Spot on. 

Still have seats in the car @AppyDAZE for Millwall and Hull.

Come on! You know you want to. And you’re needed!

1 minute ago, Lucan said:

I am welcome to appear as and when I please.  Rain or shine.

I have been nothing but polite to you since our run in a while ago but you continue to hound me and I see your bile is also directed at others, swearing at them when they post something you don’t like.

I'm not sure why you believe yourself to be some sort of “positivity” guardian but I assure you you won’t change my mind

I'm not a "positivity guardian" but I will challenge undue criticisms when they are put on here.

And asking you why you disappear when things are going well isn't "hounding" you but a perfectly fair question. It would also be a perfectly fair question to ask someone why they disappeared when things aren't rosy if that was the case, and yes you are well within your rights to be someone who only appears to complain, but I have every right to ask why you choose to act in such a way.

I won't ask again as you're obviously sensitive about the fact you only turn up to complain.

Totally agree with op. We made derby look shite with 10 men. If they make the playoffs instead of boro they will be utterly humiliated. Honestly thought Rotherham gave us more of a game. It's a travesty we haven't quite mate top 6, results against Ipswich, Wigan and reading have cost us 

44 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Especially when Lawrence cut Dasilva in half 5 minutes later and was only booked.

In fairness that foul by Lawrence was only ever a yellow, if it was the one by the halfway line. And I think every City fan asking for a red (myself included) knew it.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Absolutely smashed them even with 10 men, totally battered them, check the stats.

They were shit and if we can get a bit more quality up front its looking good for next season

But never really looked like scoring

3 hours ago, When the river runs said:

Reminded me of the stoke game when we battered them second half.

I  knew it wasnt going to be our day and then the sending off which killed us.

Thought Pato was class today.

I had a feeling from afar that it just wouldn't be our day...Stoke a pretty good analogy too!

I was reading this site, plus text commentary- Brownhill chance early 2nd half off the line. The other goal line clearance and then we hit bar from resulting corner. Red card killed us.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From my angle (not a great one) I thought Huddlestone was late, and that’s why it looked worse.

And from ours - front row, behind the goal.

Watching it live Huddlestone was late, AS slips and as he’s going down on Huddlestone ? his own leg comes out. No intent or force whatsoever.

Lets face it @Davefevs we’ve seen better officials up at the Sea Walls....

And tell us your thoughts on Waghorn. Did anyone actually see him not play his defender during the 90 minutes?

Derby were poor. We were far better. They scored an easy first goal and did what they’d come to do.

Thoroughly undeserved and if we played “with a soft underbelly” as some on here are spouting then long may that continue.

I’m not a believer of incremental progress. In the words of Echo and the Bunnymen, I want it all and I want it now.

I’m not getting any younger. But I still believe. A very small part of me thinks that a win at Millwall will keep things alive for a glorious weekend. In Hull.....

If we haven’t got hope then what have we got? 

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Watching it live Huddlestone was late, AS slips and as he’s going down on Huddlestone ? his own leg comes out. No intent or force whatsoever.

And tell us your thoughts on Waghorn. Did anyone actually see him not play his defender during the 90 minutes?

Derby were poor. We were far better. They scored an easy first goal and did what they’d come to do.

Thoroughly undeserved and if we played “with a soft underbelly” as some on here are spouting then long may that continue.

I’m not a believer of incremental progress. In the words of Echo and the Bunnymen, I want it all and I want it now.

I’m not getting any younger. But I still believe. A very small part of me thinks that a win at Millwall will keep things alive for a glorious weekend. In Hull.....

Deception.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Yes, I commented elsewhere that I thought Waghorn left something on our player every challenge.  Interestingly Marriott has dropped right out of FL’s plans.  I can see why with Waghorn playing like that, a handful yesterday, and willing runner too.  A lot of his runs were blindside of Kalas and Webster....whereas our striker stood there and marked their CB.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, I commented elsewhere that I thought Waghorn left something on our player every challenge.  Interestingly Marriott has dropped right out of FL’s plans.  I can see why with Waghorn playing like that, a handful yesterday, and willing runner too.  A lot of his runs were blindside of Kalas and Webster....whereas our striker stood there and marked their CB.

Another striker that was considered by many on OTIB as not good enough for us .

13 hours ago, Will Rollason said:

well this a refreshing thread!! Apart from one poster that is... but yeah, positives all round and we're up challenging again. lets be honest though even with my most red red specs on I dont think we're good enough right now, we need to be in a position where we boss the league and we just dont have the squad... lets see what the summer brings... Up the city. oh... and it aint over yet ...? stranger things have happened at sea...

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Our striker?

The one who lives in Knowle?

He ain’t good enough. Along with the others I’ve mentioned somewhere else. Consistently inconsistent.

I’d ship him out tomorrow. Along with the others.

A team built around Baker, De Silva, Kelly and Webster.

Keep Brownhill, Semenyo, Weimann, Smith and Palmer. Keep Nikki and Max.

Before anyone asks I’ve no idea who we’d replace the rest with. That’s for Lee and his team to sort.

Thing is I don’t think we’ll be that brave. Let’s keep going again with Paterson/Eliason/O’Dowda/Famara/Taylor/Hunt/Pisano et al.

After all sometimes, just sometimes, they’re excellent........

Archived