IGNORED

AS sending off

WayOutWest

Not a sending off for me (watching on TV) AS in complete control of his tackle. He never left the ground. TH just too slow and AS trailing leg caught him. It could be argued it wasn't even a foul. 

The decision for the sending off has let down a young man. Let down the fans. Let down my football club and let down the game of football. Where do we get these referees from. Inept useless and completely out of his depth. 

Stevo

He has given the ref a decision to make. He has gone in high, studs up, from a long way out. I actually think he could have got away with a yellow as it was one footed, he has not left the ground or jumped in, but it was naive. It was not malicious but it was not a shocking decision either. Just a day when everything went against us.

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

it was 100% a red having seen the replay. There's no doubt about it in my mind, but equally there's no doubt that Huddlestone should have been sent off for the exact same tackle in the first half.

Either way, we've been shafted by the ref.

Huddleston shouldn’t have been on the pitch to have been challenged by Semenyo. 

In no way did that tackle constitute either violent conduct or serious foul play. It was not two-footed and not jumping in, like many of Derby's fouls were. Huddlestone wasn't even hurt. 

Huddlestone's two-footed late challenge in the first half has already been mentioned, but how about when the already-booked Mount committed a similar rash challenge and the ref went to reach for his card, realised he'd have to send him off, and turned it into yet another mild telling off.

Bloke was an absolute joke of an official.

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

He has given the ref a decision to make. He has gone in high, studs up, from a long way out. I actually think he could have got away with a yellow as it was one footed, he has not left the ground or jumped in, but it was naive. It was not malicious but it was not a shocking decision either. Just a day when everything went against us.

As per usual

55 minutes ago, South Bristol Red said:

Never a red. He won the ball and huddlestone was late and kicked the bottom of AS's foot and gone down like a cheap whore

****ed by another ref today. 

LJ will be getting another apology letter but that means nothing now.

That's what I thought, seeing it in real time. I haven't seen a replay yet.

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And even if it was, a derby player made exactly the same tackle in the first half and the referee didn't even give a foul 

Was that the one in front of the dugouts on Webster after he nutmegged another player.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Absolutely a carbon copy!

⬆️

For me, he started a bit of a lunge, but then turned his foot inside (not studs up), and Huddlestone was slow in trying to make a challenge.  AS’s leg wasn’t extended at any point, and not out of control.  It was harsh indeed.  Ref far too keen to get the red card out, which is a sign that he’s made up his mind too quickly and anticipated it, rather than actually watch what actually happened.  I would be 100% confident he would not have given it the other way around.

You see it with lino’s who think a player is not gonna get to a ball and raise their flag too early, rather than fully watching what takes place.  Though the lino on LS side was decent today though in the main.

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s 50/50. It’s one footed but it’s very high

If a Derby player would’ve done that on him we’d be calling for a Red IMO. 

His sending off not happening wouldn’t have made us win the game tho. Had enough chances before that to score. 

That’s the point, he did!!!

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s 50/50. It’s one footed but it’s very high

If a Derby player would’ve done that on him we’d be calling for a Red IMO. 

His sending off not happening wouldn’t have made us win the game tho. Had enough chances before that to score. 

I don’t think I would’ve called for a red if it was a Derby player. Yellow card at most.

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

You literally see players come away from those challenges with broken legs. It's a red.

But as I've said, so was Huddlestone's in the first half, and that wasn't bloody given.

I do think he’s trying to twist his body and leg away from a straight line to avoid what would look like a lunge.  Look at the position of his body afterwards.  I think it was a harsh red.  Happy to disagree.

Archived