IGNORED

AS sending off

WayOutWest

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I do think he’s trying to twist his body and leg away from a straight line to avoid what would look like a lunge.  Look at the position of his body afterwards.  I think it was a harsh red.  Happy to disagree.

Yeah maybe I used stronger language than necessary. I agree it's a 'softer' one, definitely more borderline. But if I remove bias I can't see it as anything but a red - at least in today's game!

17 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

You literally see players come away from those challenges with broken legs. It's a red.

But as I've said, so was Huddlestone's in the first half, and that wasn't bloody given.

as far as I can see, it isn't even two footed!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was that the one in front of the dugouts on Webster after he nutmegged another player.

⬆️

For me, he started a bit of a lunge, but then turned his foot inside (not studs up), and Huddlestone was slow in trying to make a challenge.  AS’s leg wasn’t extended at any point, and not out of control.  It was harsh indeed.  Ref far too keen to get the red card out, which is a sign that he’s made up his mind too quickly and anticipated it, rather than actually watch what actually happened.  I would be 100% confident he would not have given it the other way around.

You see it with lino’s who think a player is not gonna get to a ball and raise their flag too early, rather than fully watching what takes place.  Though the lino on LS side was decent today though in the main.

It was a different one around 30 yards from their goal about 25 minutes in. 

One footed, studs up and foot slightly raised. Not over extending or out of control and he won the ball, but it was a carbon copy of the red card, so therefore it should have also been a red (although it wasn't a red card challenge...) 

The referee didn't even give a foul... 

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

A lot of bias in here tonight. If you're telling me that you wouldn't be shouting for a red card if it was an opposition player on ours then you're kidding yourself.

People just seeing it different to you.

That was not a 2 footed lunge, and not a sending off imo.

Whether fans would shout for a red card if the roles were reversed is irrelevant, the ref. has to ignore the crowd and make a considered and correct decision.

He clearly got it wrong afaic.

2 hours ago, South Bristol Red said:

AS won the ball. You need an eye test mate

It’s irrelevant if he won the ball. The rule has changed 

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

People just seeing it different to you.

That was not a 2 footed lunge, and not a sending off imo.

Whether fans would shout for a red card if the roles were reversed is irrelevant, the ref. has to ignore the crowd and make a considered and correct decision.

He clearly got it wrong afaic.

It doesn’t matter if it’s two footed or not 

13 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

A lot of bias in here tonight. If you're telling me that you wouldn't be shouting for a red card if it was an opposition player on ours then you're kidding yourself.

From my view in the South Stand, I didn’t think it was a foul. He got the ball. I was genuinely speechless when the ref showed the red card, the possibility hadn’t even crossed my mind. So I can honestly say I wouldn’t be calling for a red had the roles been reversed

40 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Well actually if you look on the thread of that video you posted even most Derby fans say it was harsh. 

Saw this tackle on MOTD tonight and this looks very similar to how I saw Semenyo's tackle from the Dolman side. No foul, not even mentioned by the commentator. 

https://imgur.com/a/0BcAtbq

You can't really make it out in the video as Huddlestone obscures the view, AS foot maybe a little higher and a little more studs up but very similar to this. Ironically what probably made it worse is that Semenyo beat Huddlestone to the ball so TH ends up kicking his foot and hurting himself more, whereas in the Southampton video they meet the ball at the same time, so less of a painful impact. 

What stands out is the inconsistency of the referee.

I don't think that was a red, a booking at most and it certainly wasn't any worse than some of the other fouls committed, but Huddlestone's decapitation in the first half was and the way that guilty weasel Keogh was acting after Fam took one in the face from him that drew blood was another. The persistent pushing and backing in by Waghorn should also have led to further bookings.

I don't know where they get these officials from but the bottler has cost us today.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

No bias - from the South Stand it didn’t even look like a foul, let alone a red card .... I certainly would not have been howling for a red card had a Derby player performed that ‘tackle’ - viewing the video you have posted has not changed my mind - I’m not ‘kidding myself’ ....

wasnt a red, but, i thought if players start brandishing pretend yellows at the ref, then that is a yellow,  they were all at it.

frank might of been a decent honest player but he has his players acting like ***** tbh, **** derby i hope swansea and wba **** them

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And even if it was, a derby player made exactly the same tackle in the first half and the referee didn't even give a foul 

Are we subtly suggesting foul play here by the Referee himself? Was he seen trousering a brown paper bag at The Marriott later in the day by some unknown East Midland accented chap in a dark sweater?

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

It’s irrelevant if he won the ball. The rule has changed 

It doesn’t matter if it’s two footed or not 

We know.

For some bizarre reason whilst you were at AG you posted 14 times about it.

During the game.

Seems a really strange thing to do during a football match, argue on a forum about a foul, then post a video online, rather than watch the game you were at.

Wanking GIF - PeepShow MarkCorrigan Wank GIFs

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

It's the inconsistencies that are pissing people off though. The ref was letting so much go unpunished then pulled this red out of nowhere! 

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

We know.

For some bizarre reason whilst you were at AG you posted 14 times about it.

During the game.

Seems a really strange thing to do during a football match, argue on a forum about a foul, then post a video online, rather than watch the game you were at.

Wanking GIF - PeepShow MarkCorrigan Wank GIFs

I didn’t go you prat.  Obviously. If I was there why would I post on forum? Nice of you to count my posts though. Forgot you are obsessed about me! 

11 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Naive by Webster then? To not make as much of a meal of Huddlestone’s challenge as TH did with AS?

I think Webster was naive actually, or foolish anyway. I'd have to see the incident again but as soon as he went in for that challenge, I thought "Well that was bloody clumsy"

The point is that samenyo has pushed the ball away from Huddleston before he arrives semenyo has gone to ground but if anything it is a foul by Huddleston. Ref has reacted to being swamped by Derby players baying for the Red card very in professional. Also Huddleston has made a  meal of the challenge 

Seems to me people’s problems aren’t with the Red Card decision per SE,but rather the inconsistency. Straight Red is a big deal, dangerous play, likely to cause harm etc. When Huddleston did EXACTLY the same thing, the ref didn’t even give a no card free kick. So the SAME challenge was variously very dangerous (when we did it) and not even a foul (when they did it). If Huddleston had been straight red carded I don’t suppose too many on here would be complaining about Antione’s Card. 

The fact that the same action was interpreted diametrically opposite by the same refin the same game is the bit that sticks in the craw. 

10 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Well i thought it was a good challenge in real time. Now that i've seen it back i can see its worse than i first witnessed, still think its not a straight red especially in a game like this, yellow card was what i would give. This is the problem with football, we have too many grey areas in the game and it all comes down to opinion a lot of the time. This is why var will do bugger all.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think Webster was naive actually, or foolish anyway. I'd have to see the incident again but as soon as he went in for that challenge, I thought "Well that was bloody clumsy"

Webster was not naive but a true professional by getting up and giving the referee a decision to make. Unlike The Derby players who made a meal of every challenge!!!   

1 minute ago, hertsexile said:

Webster was not naive but a true professional by getting up and giving the referee a decision to make. Unlike The Derby players who made a meal of every challenge!!!   

And Derby won.

I don't want to see our players cheating, and spoiling the game, but do wonder sometimes. 

Shocking first touch, worse challenge and fully deserved red (as would have been Smith's last week had the ref correctly dismissed him when being carried off on the stretcher.) Other than the early first challenge from the rear yesterday  (which should should have received a yellow but didn't) plus the late-on Weimann 'clip' on Roos that wasn't, the officials called mostly everything spot on.

It's becoming somewhat of a weekly gripe amongst us old 'uns, why don't fans know the Laws of The Game they profess to love? Against Reading we had thousands screaming at the officials that they didn't know what they were doing - "the ball's not inside the corner quadrant" (it doesn't have to be,) - "idiot's given offside in the player's own half" (he can be,) et al. " You don't know what you're doing...." methinks "You don't know what you're talking about...."

10 hours ago, FlintSaidNo said:

From my view in the South Stand, I didn’t think it was a foul. He got the ball. I was genuinely speechless when the ref showed the red card, the possibility hadn’t even crossed my mind. So I can honestly say I wouldn’t be calling for a red had the roles been reversed

'Getting the ball' has absolutely nothing to do with the rules of the game. I've no idea why people use it as justification of a 'clean' tackle. You can very easily get the ball and still break a leg so it's totally irrelevant.

5 hours ago, Gakoe said:

It's the inconsistencies that are pissing people off though. The ref was letting so much go unpunished then pulled this red out of nowhere! 

This is exactly it from my point of view too. As much as I do think it's a red, I can't believe the ref let the same challenge go in the first half from Derby. And it seems to be match after match that we get this luck as well.

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Shocking first touch, worse challenge and fully deserved red (as would have been Smith's last week had the ref correctly dismissed him when being carried off on the stretcher.) Other than the early first challenge from the rear yesterday  (which should should have received a yellow but didn't) plus the late-on Weimann 'clip' on Roos that wasn't, the officials called mostly everything spot on.

It's becoming somewhat of a weekly gripe amongst us old 'uns, why don't fans know the Laws of The Game they profess to love? Against Reading we had thousands screaming at the officials that they didn't know what they were doing - "the ball's not inside the corner quadrant" (it doesn't have to be,) - "idiot's given offside in the player's own half" (he can be,) et al. " You don't know what you're doing...." methinks "You don't know what you're talking about...."

So you’re happy that the referees made all the right decisions at villa and yesterday?

people are screaming ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ for good reason 

Archived