IGNORED

Nice one johnson

Redwhitepurple

30 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

This. Semenyo looked a bit clumsy and ineffective. Whereas Eliasson and Palmer terrified them when he came on. Why doesn't Johnson see these things??

Genuinely don’t want to be rude because get we all see things differently. But Eliasson barely touched the ball and Palmer did nothing. Not their fault and they were on a hiding to nothing but we were completely shot after Derby’s second.

1 minute ago, windmillhillred said:

Genuinely don’t want to be rude because get we all see things differently. But Eliasson barely touched the ball and Palmer did nothing. Not their fault and they were on a hiding to nothing but we were completely shot after Derby’s second.

Did you leave before the end? :laugh:.  I thought Eliasson and Palmer both looked good. Better than Semenyo anyhow

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Did you leave before the end? :laugh:.  I thought Eliasson and Palmer both looked good. Better than Semenyo anyhow

No! Thought Semenyo a bit off the pace but strong on the ball. Not really Palmer’s game with 10 men and Eliasson touched the ball 5 times and did nothing (not a criticism)

1 hour ago, RED@BS14 said:

Yes we progressed to a comfortable position on the playoffs and then threw it away yet again. 

Were you at the game today? If so, please explain how that was a “threw it away” performance?

20 odd attempts at goal, dominated possession, a deflected goal for the opposition and a controversial red card. On another day, today’s performance wins us the game and we’re still on course for a play off spot.

Maybe, just maybe, we’ve not “thrown it away”, but rather we’ve ultimately just lacked a little bit of quality and maybe even a little bit of luck - and maybe the opposition might also have had a say in the outcome of our games?

Fully anticipating this nuanced argument might fall on deaf ears.

3 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

There are a quite a few knobs on here, yourself included happy with ******* up over the last month just because we exceeded some people’s expectations from  August. 

I disagree with Dave at times but your making yourself look a prized ***** . This ain’t a game of Fifa . Wages wise we’re punching above our weight . IF  we’d made the playoffs we’d be in with Leeds, WBA, and villa. All much bigger clubs than us that can afford to throw their money around (until ffp does it’s job) we are playing by the rules and that’s the way it’s going to stay . We could go the other way like we did in 09/10 and ended up £50m in debt if you want. 

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Semenyo coming on was a big gamble which didn’t pay off in the most brutal of fashions. Matty Taylor or Palmer wouldn’t have made that challenge.

I like LJ, but sometimes I think he dreams of the headlines (e.g. Bristol City academy star scores first goal to down derby) rather than the sensible decision. In some ways it was a mental decision not to go for one of our seasoned pros.

He does have a touch of ‘ Roy of the Rovers ‘ about him . I honestly thought he’d grown out of Kamikaze tactics / substitutions . 

He believes in the Spanish Inquisition style .

I rather admire the romantic side of LJ but the antithesis is Tony Clueless who currently sits on the top six as we fail to win again.

Football is a cruel mistress.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Were you at the game today? If so, please explain how that was a “threw it away” performance?

20 odd attempts at goal, dominated possession, a deflected goal for the opposition and a controversial red card. On another day, today’s performance wins us the game and we’re still on course for a play off spot.

Maybe, just maybe, we’ve not “thrown it away”, but rather we’ve ultimately just lacked a little bit of quality and maybe even a little bit of luck - and maybe the opposition might also have had a say in the outcome of our games?

Yes I did go today, we didn’t  just throw it away today it’s  been over the last month. Your right about lacking quality especially up front and that the problem. Two transfer windows ago we’ve needed a striker to replace the donkey we’ve got up front and thats probably been our downfall. 

40 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

If you call being comfortable in a play off place a month ago and where we are now progress your obviously a bit simple. It irrelevant where we thought we’d be in at the beginning of the season, we we in a cracking position last month and we’ve blown it. 

If you think finishing higher than the last season for the 5th season in a row isn't progress then I'm afraid you're the simple one... 

37 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

Disgraceful comment The fact is the team that we have gave everything, Semanyo has done enough to have a chance and the referee was terrible. We are lacking up front and we need to strengthen but this team has over performed this season and to see them chasing down balls to the 90th minute was brilliant today.

I'm disappointed but never really thought it was on this year. We go again and remain City.

I should add that people around me were seething seeing people leave on 70 mins. Don't want them at my club.

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I disagree with Dave at times but your making yourself look a prized ***** . This ain’t a game of Fifa . Wages wise we’re punching above our weight . IF  we’d made the playoffs we’d be in with Leeds, WBA, and villa. All much bigger clubs than us that can afford to throw their money around (until ffp does it’s job) we are playing by the rules and that’s the way it’s going to stay . We could go the other way like we did in 09/10 and ended up £50m in debt if you want. 

We were in the ******* playoffs, we beat Sheffield United, Boro and WBA and threw it away 

52 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We’re progressing each season. Fact is we’re not quite good enough yet. The season is over 46 games not 26 or 36 and we’ll deserve to be where we are at the end of it. 

Imo Semenyo was really starting to find pockets of space when he was sent off for another big team biased decision. They could well of had 2 straight reds first half . 

We've been sawn off by so many officials it’s unreal, and no it doesn’t even itself out. 

We can't keep wheeling this excuse out. Derby aren't even that big!

Ah well, never mind, been a good season, just wish our home form could have been a little better. Its not often at the end of the season that you can say our away form has been better than home!!

On the Semenyo situation, I do wish that Johnson had given him a little more game time at home in the lesser pressure games, where there wouldn't be so much focus on him. Feel for him,  he's been asked to perform in our biggest game in eleven years and against probably the best tactical coach and side in the division with nearly zero preparation.

It was a massive throw of the dice which I really don't begrudge Johnson taking, but he must take some of the blame for how he's blooded this kid imo. Way to much responsibility on his shoulders to soon, and it showed.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If you think finishing higher than the last season for the 5th season in a row isn't progress then I'm afraid you're the simple one... 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Here we go again finishing higher than last season blah blah blah. We were looking good for  5th spot a month ago 

27 minutes ago, windmillhillred said:

No! Thought Semenyo a bit off the pace but strong on the ball. Not really Palmer’s game with 10 men and Eliasson touched the ball 5 times and did nothing (not a criticism)

Semenyo , for an 18/19 YO, is a beast. I think he has more to his game than Taylor . Brave choice by LJ but can't say it was a wrong one really. Poor decision cut short his day just as it looked like he was getting the pace of the game.

3 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

Here we go again finishing higher than last season blah blah blah. We were looking good for  5th spot a month ago 

And we were looking good for 22nd according to some on here in October... 

What's your point? 

2 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

Sadly they make you play the rest of the season. Yes, disappointing but no one has a God given right to make the top 6.
For me , it's our home form over the entire season that has cost us. 8 wins from 23 , not just the last month.

4 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

We were in the ******* playoffs, we beat Sheffield United, Boro and WBA and threw it away 

It’s over 46 games not 40 

we haven’t thrown it away at all . Squad wise we’re not as good yet. Korey’s injuries have had a massive impact on the midfield. Pack and josh have had to be run into the ground unfortunately because of it. 

We've been in far worse positions as a club and if we keep building , but need to up the ante a bit wages wise we’ll go up sooner or later . Look at the bigger picture. 

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Semenyo , for an 18/19 YO, is a beast. I think he has more to his game than Taylor . Brave choice by LJ but can't say it was a wrong one really. Poor decision cut short his day just as it looked like he was getting the pace of the game.

I honestly didn't think he did a lot. I was quite disappointed in him after all the hype.

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I honestly didn't think he did a lot. I was quite disappointed in him after all the hype.

I though he was settling into the game when he was sent off. Hard to say what he could/would have gone on to do but there is promise there. Wouldn't have been the change I would have made though, shame and odd that Walsh wasn't on the bench.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I though he was settling into the game when he was sent off. Hard to say what he could/would have gone on to do but there is promise there. Wouldn't have been the change I would have made though, shame and odd that Walsh wasn't on the bench.

Agreed about Walsh!

Archived