IGNORED

Nice one johnson

Redwhitepurple

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Log off you mess.

Starting him against Leeds,having him even on the bench today(given what (was)at stake are poor decisions....give the lad a chance??..that ain't fair on him.

It's not "Roy of the Rovers"(apologies to any offended by the 'R' word).

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well the kid played really well. Usual bollocks 

I don’t think he played really well....he did ok imho.

I doubt I was the only one at the time who thought....

1. why not Taylor
  2. why not Palmer
  3. who not Eliasson and keep Weimann central

I even thought Lloyd Kelly (straight swap) before I thought Semenyo.  Huge gamble.  The red card will sway opinion, but I don’t think he’s quite up to Champ speed yet.  Go and look at the Leeds game at home when he almost got a red card then also!

Just now, Davefevs said:

1. why not Taylor
  2. why not Palmer

I even thought Lloyd Kelly (straight swap) before I thought Semenyo.  Huge gamble.  The red card will sway opinion, but I don’t think he’s quite up to Champ speed yet.  Go and look at the Leeds game at home when he almost got a red card then also!

I thought it a bold, even reckless  move, I would have brought on Walsh. Difficult as he wasn't on the bench I know.
1) I don't think Taylor is good enough, still not convinced a striker was the best option.
2) Of the choices, this would have been mine.
3) Wouldn't have been a bad shout, why Weimann is moved so often is strange.

As for AS, the Leeds game was simply wrong. This may have been a case of point proving. I still think the Red was very harsh, specially in the context of the game, and the challenges that had gone before.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought it a bold, even reckless  move, I would have brought on Walsh. Difficult as he wasn't on the bench I know.
1) I don't think Taylor is good enough, still not convinced a striker was the best option.
2) Of the choices, this would have been mine.
3) Wouldn't have been a bad shout, why Weimann is moved so often is strange.

As for AS, the Leeds game was simply wrong. This may have been a case of point proving. I still think the Red was very harsh, specially in the context of the game, and the challenges that had gone before.

I said before the game why has Walsh gone missing from the 18.  Happens too often, that a player comes in then goes missing.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1. why not Taylor
  2. why not Palmer

Completely agree. It felt like an unnecessary gamble rather than a strategic decision.  Fair enough bringing him on in an end of season game with nothing to play for, or as a last throw of the dice, but in a game of today’s magnitude it was not the right time when there were more obvious choices. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I said before the game why has Walsh gone missing from the 18.  Happens too often, that a player comes in then goes missing.

It seems to be a Johnson trait , really don't understand it...... Marley Watkins anyone ?

My opinion is that LJ might have spotted that Derby were doing a proffesional job on us and the ref.

You can moan at the 4th official as much as you like, it's the ref that runs things.

Semenyo was too inexperienced for a big game like this, and in trying to make up for a poor touch made it easy for the Derby players to react.    Straight red,  Job done!

Matty Taylor would have made things difficult for Derby, Keogh in particular, I was surprised he didn't come on.

My opinion is that you dropped a big one there Lee. 

2 hours ago, RED@BS14 said:

If you call being comfortable in a play off place a month ago and where we are now progress your obviously a bit simple. 

You mean You’re...

Aside from that simpleton error, we were never comfortable. You obviously don’t get how competitive this league is. I understand you are frustrated but let’s not resort to talking utter bollocks huh ?

While I think the decision to play Semenyo so early in such a crucial game was rather weird, he hadn't embarrassed himself prior to being unfairly sent off. 

Personally, Palmer would've been my choice, but considering how well the team played, the OP is a tool for criticising Johnson in the way he has.

Football can be a cruel game and today we just had zero luck come our way. I don't think the sub choice led to the loss. 

Just now, Out of his pie crust said:

The mentality of some fans on here is truly bizarre. Anyone actually at the game today as I was would have seen that the players gave their all and dominated a good team for decent periods with 10 men. Fair play to them 

Bang on mate

2 hours ago, RED@BS14 said:

If you call being comfortable in a play off place a month ago and where we are now progress your obviously a bit simple. It irrelevant where we thought we’d be in at the beginning of the season, we we in a cracking position last month and we’ve blown it. 

How strange that you pick a point where we were above where we are now, and not a point where we were below ??

4 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Bringing on the most inexperienced kid on biggest game of season. This is why we tire of getting behind the club. Sick of fans saying get behind the team. People do that every game every year and city in return give you nothing.if you pay your money you have every right to do what you want so fair play to those that leave early.#johnson still out

?End.

1 hour ago, RED@BS14 said:

We were in the ******* playoffs, we beat Sheffield United, Boro and WBA and threw it away 

You're right, we were. We then played games of football against other good teams and we either got beat, drew or won games. That's football in the Championship. 

Obviously you're a passionate fella when it comes to City, but try and use your head instead of your heart and look at it subjectively. We've improved on last season, and last season we improved on the one before and so on.

This is exactly what a club of our stature and finances HAS to do if we are to compete regularly at the top end of the table.

Forget what SL is worth and forget throwing money we dont have at players as it means absolutely jack-shit if we're to comply with FFP and doing that is absolutely key to our future prospects of promotion. Bigger clubs than us will gamble, wont get promoted and will be in trouble (Birmingham, Sunderland, Bolton for example).

We all want to win every game but no matter how good any team is, in football the best team doesn't always win. That's what makes it the greatest sport in the world. 

15 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

The finishing in the last 3 games has been absolutely woeful. It’s cost us a place in the play offs. Chance after chance spurned, god knows what they practice at training?

How does fammy walk into the team week after week? 

Well said Watkins 1983. The same goes for Pack as well mate 

6 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

You're right, we were. We then played games of football against other good teams and we either got beat, drew or won games. That's football in the Championship. 

Obviously you're a passionate fella when it comes to City, but try and use your head instead of your heart and look at it subjectively. We've improved on last season, and last season we improved on the one before and so on.

This is exactly what a club of our stature and finances HAS to do if we are to compete regularly at the top end of the table.

Forget what SL is worth and forget throwing money we dont have at players as it means absolutely jack-shit if we're to comply with FFP and doing that is absolutely key to our future prospects of promotion. Bigger clubs than us will gamble, wont get promoted and will be in trouble (Birmingham, Sunderland, Bolton for example).

We all want to win every game but no matter how good any team is, in football the best team doesn't always win. That's what makes it the greatest sport in the world. 

We’ve technically improved by league position, but we throw away 2nd at Xmas last year and we have thrown away a good position again this year.

19 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

The finishing in the last 3 games has been absolutely woeful. It’s cost us a place in the play offs. Chance after chance spurned, god knows what they practice at training?

How does fammy walk into the team week after week? 

By being far and away the best player in that position we have probably.

14 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

?? Spot on

Just now, MarcusX said:

We’ve technically improved by league position, but we throw away 2nd at Xmas last year and we have thrown away a good position again this year.

Hmm, im not sure thrown away is the right words to use but I understand your sentiment. 

Last year we had a seriously depleted squad due to injuries and to be where we were at that time was incredible but unsustainable and I said as much at the time. It was inevitable we would drop off as we barely changed the first XI for months.

This year was slightly different as we had a little bit more depth, but any team that has to sell their (arguably) 3 best players to balance the books is still going to find it tricky to succeed over the course of a full season.

On a brighter note, we have complied with FFP over the last 3 year period. The next 3 years of FFP starts next season so that kind of gives us the financial freedom to be able to open the purse strings more than usual and I fully expect us to make a bigger go of promotion next year than in any time in the last 30 years.

Its a bit of a cliché but the tortoise and hare story springs to mind with the way the club is being run.

4 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Bringing on the most inexperienced kid on biggest game of season. This is why we tire of getting behind the club. Sick of fans saying get behind the team. People do that every game every year and city in return give you nothing.if you pay your money you have every right to do what you want so fair play to those that leave early.#johnson still out

How long have you followed us, out of interest?

Put another way, first season?

31 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Just because we were 2nd on Boxing Day doesn't mean we were genuinely likely to finish 2nd. However should we have finished 5th or 6th? I think yes.

59 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

What a stupid comment ?

Thanks. I'm sure you can understand that some people will think it's stupid to pick some arbitrary point in the season to decide whether we've progressed or not.

Unless we finish in the highest position we've been in all season, that's not progress by this definition. Johnson out.

Archived