Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Redwhitepurple

Nice one johnson

The bit you have to get used to, after decades of watching us, it relatively this has been a ‘good’ season.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Aubergine 1

1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Bringing on the most inexperienced kid on biggest game of season. This is why we tire of getting behind the club. Sick of fans saying get behind the team. People do that every game every year and city in return give you nothing.if you pay your money you have every right to do what you want so fair play to those that leave early.#johnson still out

Bet you’ll be whanching yourself blind tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Bringing on the most inexperienced kid on biggest game of season. This is why we tire of getting behind the club. Sick of fans saying get behind the team. People do that every game every year and city in return give you nothing.if you pay your money you have every right to do what you want so fair play to those that leave early.#johnson still out

So it’s play offs or sack the manager? Really? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Aubergine 2

Just now, Redwhitepurple said:

Oh grow up!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but sometimes it's better to think "Is this going to make me look like a complete tit?" first

Edited by Robin1988
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Semenyo coming on was a big gamble which didn’t pay off in the most brutal of fashions. Matty Taylor or Palmer wouldn’t have made that challenge.

I like LJ, but sometimes I think he dreams of the headlines (e.g. Bristol City academy star scores first goal to down derby) rather than the sensible decision. In some ways it was a mental decision not to go for one of our seasoned pros.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

Semenyo coming on was a big gamble which didn’t pay off in the most brutal of fashions. Matty Taylor or Palmer wouldn’t have made that challenge.

I like LJ, but sometimes I think he dreams of the headlines (e.g. Bristol City academy star scores first goal to down derby) rather than the sensible decision. In some ways it was a mental decision not to go for one of our seasoned pros.

What if Semenyo's looked way better in training than the other two?

10 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

What an utterly ridiculous post.

• Like 3
  • Aubergine 2

If you'd watched the game (which you obviously don't, as you haven't watched us ever...) you'd have seen he had a very good game, until the referee got bored of us looking like we could equalise... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

The levels of bellendness in this post beats your own record

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Well I said it was a gamble. Maybe he has. In another world maybe he comes on and scores a winner. Unfortunately in our world he comes on and makes a reckless challenge, gets sent off, and City’s season is all but over.

• Like 1

Was never a red though was it? 

Derby were looking to the ref at every 50:50. 

Log off, have a breather and a glass of water. Review. 

22 minutes ago, cityexile said:

The bit you have to get used to, after decades of watching us, it relatively this has been a ‘good’ season.

How can you say it’s been a good season when we were relatively comfortable in a play off place no so long ago. We ****** up yet again. 

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 6

I always hate losing, but it is important to play these young players and if they make a mistake, then shit happens. Obviously the magnitude of the game will make some people think he shouldn’t have played, but I was excited when he came on instead of Taylor and he was making an impact before Huddlestone conned him

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

How can you say it’s been a good season when we were relatively comfortable in a play off place no so long ago. We ****** up yet again. 

Progress is good. Really enjoyed this season 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

I have run out of emojis so just to say I agree with you

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 5

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Progress is good. Really enjoyed this season 

Yes we progressed to a comfortable position on the playoffs and then threw it away yet again. 

7 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

Yes we progressed to a comfortable position on the playoffs and then threw it away yet again. 

A couple of players short probably. Not worth killing yourself over. Fine margins. Roll on Tuesday. 

35 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Fine margins though isn’t it. Semenyo could’ve scored with his first touch if he’d struck it cleanly then the ref made a very harsh call to send him off imo. Wasn’t our day I guess. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

**** off troll, the only thing I'm sick of is your whining bullshit.

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I have run out of emojis so just to say I agree with you

Pay a poxy fiver then you wretched nause so you can continue your relentless miserable twattery via emoji too x

6 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

Another tosser crawling out of the woodwork when the going gets tough eh.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Aubergine 1

50 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

What a load of utter bollocks........ffs...........:disapointed2se::facepalm:

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

44 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Experience is so needed in games like this!

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Thought Semenyo played well before the sending off

I thought he struggled tbh. Don’t blame him tbh he was thrown in however this post is the most ridiculous post I’ve ever seen on this website. That’s saying something.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Red said:

Experience is so needed in games like this!

yes yes and yes again - he clearly has potential but this was such a critical game it was a complete gamble and what message does it send to Taylor who has scored when given a chance?

I just don't understand it - and didn't at the time even before the red.

• Like 2

To be fair I think that Johnson cannot be held to account for poor officiating....I think that he has worked hard with the budget he has been given. We have progressed season on season. I'm as livid as everyone but we have to remain objective......were 8th in the league and (by many accounts) with players who are  reportedly substandard and lack passion.....we've had a good season.....with an outside chance of promotion....sadly it's not our year...

• Flames 1

Look I’m as annoyed as the rest of us, but getting fed up of the posts panning Johnson.

Most would widely agree on here that we battered them today, even with 10 men. There comes a time when, even if you’ve totally tactically masterminded the game, the players have to stick the ball in the net.

There’s only so much LJ can control from the sidelines but it seems to me that some people on here think he’s got a PlayStation controller and he’s to blame for players missing chances.

End of the day, once the players cross that white line, it’s largely their actions alone which determine the outcome of the game.

We’re disappointed about potentially missing out on the Championship playoffs. On the flip side, we could be happy about avoiding relegation from league one.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

Me personally not overly enjoyed that many home games

Agreed that those who can attend away games have had a better season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stortz said:

**** off troll, the only thing I'm sick of is your whining bullshit.

Pay a poxy fiver then you wretched nause so you can continue your relentless miserable twattery via emoji too x

Another tosser crawling out of the woodwork when the going gets tough eh.

I like a man [or woman] who tells it how it is.................congrats for putting it out there 😊😊

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I thought he struggled tbh. Don’t blame him tbh he was thrown in however this post is the most ridiculous post I’ve ever seen on this website. That’s saying something.

I agree, thought he looked a yard off the pace and never got up to speed with the game. The beauty of hindsight - at the time I was excited to see him come on but looking back it was the wrong decision.

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

I thought it was working really and we continued our dominance. 

A poor, inconsistent red changed the pattern of play 

16 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

Crawling out the woodwork?  You *****, I’ve been watching Ciity for 45 years. 

In that case.....youv'e no excuse 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RED@BS14 said:

Crawling out the woodwork?  You *****, I’ve been watching Ciity for 45 years. 

And yet here you are crying like a toddler (like you have been in virtually all of your recent posts on here i see from a quick glance) at the club because officials have cheated us out of a position nobody thought we'd be in at the start of the season.

I would have thought your 45 years of experience watching City would have prevented your childish reactions tbh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1