IGNORED

The referee

BilboBaggins05

I'm usually very reluctant to give a referee stick, and have often criticised fans who do ...but that has really left me feeling sick today. 

Villa the other week ...Derby getting a different dodgy pen last week, and some of his decisions today ....just absolutely shambolic 

You cannot tell me these referees remain impartial. These kind of decisions are happening to often 

Not just against us. But other clubs in this division seem to suffer with injustices aswell 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm usually very reluctant to give a referee stick, and have often criticised fans who do ...but that has really left me feeling sick today. 

Villa the other week ...Derby getting a different dodgy pen last week, and some of his decisions today ....just absolutely shambolic 

You cannot tell me these referees remain impartial. These kind of decisions are happening to often 

Not just against us. But other clubs in this division seem to suffer with injustices aswell 

It does make you wonder. The speed he got the card out too, no hesitation when in the first half he was letting a lot go.

1 minute ago, Gakoe said:

It does make you wonder. The speed he got the card out too, no hesitation when in the first half he was letting a lot go.

Great spot. That’s exactly what he was doing- I wondered if he would give any at one point  .

He gave them a yellow in the last 2 mins on Eliasson - makes you think he thought he’d better make the stats look more even as it was a nothing foul ... 

10 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

No doubt the soccer Saturday presenters were celebrating too?

Kammy was in the game and was very complimentary of us, said we were unlucky to be behind, didn’t think it was a red and also felt we were unfortunate as a whole.

You can complain about the ref but personally think it is hard to argue the red card. I have only seen it in real time from my seat but his studs were high and it was a bit reckless. Not sure how much contact there was but think in today’s game it is a red and the ref was at least very sure of it. 

Thought first half he was good in the sense he let us play aggressively without giving them too much. Think he knew they would go down easily. Though think Waghorn could have been sent off on another day and Huddlestone got away with a strong challenge. He may have won the ball but similar to Semenyo was reckless and forceful which is an offence these days

Don’t think he was worse than Villa referee

The ref today, as with many home games this season,  was simply shocking. Some of the Derby tackles he let go left him with no authority and incapable of controlling the game. And as per usual the linesman were equally ineffective and incompetent, you may as well get the mascots running up and down the line. 

If that performance doesn't warrant a review then football had gone to sh#t. 5 star nob head.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You can complain about the ref but personally think it is hard to argue the red card. I have only seen it in real time from my seat but his studs were high and it was a bit reckless. Not sure how much contact there was but think in today’s game it is a red and the ref was at least very sure of it. 

Thought first half he was good in the sense he let us play aggressively without giving them too much. Think he knew they would go down easily. Though think Waghorn could have been sent off on another day and Huddlestone got away with a strong challenge. He may have won the ball but similar to Semenyo was reckless and forceful which is an offence these days

Don’t think he was worse than Villa referee

I’ll link the clip here from twitter but I’ve watched it 7/8 times now and never a red 

38 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Has ruined our season simply. A red for a pathetic challenge, that wouldn’t have been given As a foul the other way. How many poor decisions have led to game deciding factors ???

I think we ruined our own season with our ineptitude at home.

The think that we somehow let this game become a ‘cup final’ is quite frankly pathetic.

Its obvious we need a striker but when your budget is £5m and £20k a week, good luck.

Its a miracle we are where we are.

2 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I’ll link the clip here from twitter but I’ve watched it 7/8 times now and never a red 

I’ve watched that numerous times now and I just can’t see how that’s a red. He hasn’t dived in, it’s not two footed and he doesn’t look to be wildly out of control. It’s barely a foul, let alone a red card. 

So, so frustrating today. To get a ref like that in a game like that..... just our luck.....

40 minutes ago, Lez said:

He was ok up until that point. Red card call us wrong simple

He was poor at best until then.

There were 4-5 occasions in the first half where Derby players slid in and took the player after the ball was already gone and the ref didn't speak to any of them

8 minutes ago, Lez said:

Sorry but that is never a red card.

I am changing my mind in truth the more I see it. It is a bit naive, but he is not late, their player is. When he gets the ball quite easily, he kind of changes the shape of his foot. The Derby player is late, and ends up kicking his foot after the ball is well gone. His foot is high and his studs are showing and that is what has done him, so maybe, but think on balance a yellow. It’s never two footed and he is never out of control. A day when the luck was certainly against us. 

33 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Wasn't there today,,will be interesting to have a nose at the highlights later,though maybe I shouldn't??- that crazy 'man in black made my piss boil at Villa!

Thought at the time it was a red, but annoying as Derby had got the benefit on several occasions, having watched it quite a few times its a yellow at worse.

You can find lots of reasons why we are going to be just short of the playoffs, but when you look at the joke penalty at Ville, FLDC gifted one against QPR and numerous goals disallowed, it's a shame it's being decided by the Refs love in for the big clubs rather than our performance alone.

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I’ve watched that numerous times now and I just can’t see how that’s a red. He hasn’t dived in, it’s not two footed and he doesn’t look to be wildly out of control. It’s barely a foul, let alone a red card. 

So, so frustrating today. To get a ref like that in a game like that..... just our luck.....

That’s how I felt at the time. I’m normally quite unbiased when I’m watching and often think we’ll get reds when it turns out to be a yellow. I wasn’t even expecting a yellow, was really surprised when he pulled the red out. 

Can’t really blame it on studs being up. There are many challenges where studs are up, it’s more to do with whether the player is out of control or reckless. Semenyo is looking what he is doing and seems in control, Huddlestone arrives later than him and kicks the bottom of his foot. 

V poor decision in my eyes and I’ve even seen many Derby fans thinking it was harsh so it’s not down to bias. 

Another ‘apology’ from the referees association I suppose. Nice one ? 

Archived