IGNORED

The referee

BilboBaggins05

The referee was a dick

Huddlestone kick the bottom of antoines foot and goes down like a bitch

Never a red

****** by the ref again

How many times this season?

Who is buying the ref? The see you next tuesdays at the efl who doesnt want little bristol city in the play offs?

The epl who doesnt want us in the prem as we aren't attractive as villa west brom or fldc?

There is a conspiracy

4 minutes ago, Red said:

Looks like we always and try and blame somebody. Truth is we are not good enough!

At conning refs?

At the time of the sending off we were all over derby, it was a relentless assault on their goal and it seemed only a matter of time until we equalised. 

8 minutes ago, RedSA said:

That’s how I felt at the time. I’m normally quite unbiased when I’m watching and often think we’ll get reds when it turns out to be a yellow. I wasn’t even expecting a yellow, was really surprised when he pulled the red out. 

Can’t really blame it on studs being up. There are many challenges where studs are up, it’s more to do with whether the player is out of control or reckless. Semenyo is looking what he is doing and seems in control, Huddlestone arrives later than him and kicks the bottom of his foot. 

V poor decision in my eyes and I’ve even seen many Derby fans thinking it was harsh so it’s not down to bias. 

Another ‘apology’ from the referees association I suppose. Nice one ? 

You do start to wonder if there’s some sort of big club conspiracy going on when decisions like that keep happening. Much as it has been amusing to watch, Cardiff have suffered some atrocious decisions all season in the PL as well. Paranoid as it sounds, it really does make you ask some questions. 

A game of opinions, but I think the ref got that red right. The video doesn’t show it well but he was studs showing at knee height. 

But broken clock is right twice a day and he was shit. No excusing derby finishing with 11. 

2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

At conning refs?

At the time of the sending off we were all over derby, it was a relentless assault on their goal and it seemed only a matter of time until we equalised. 

I'm on about over a season

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A game of opinions, but I think the ref got that red right. The video doesn’t show it well but he was studs showing at knee height. 

But broken clock is right twice a day and he was shit. No excusing derby finishing with 11. 

Frank Lampard not being happy? A famous guy with a team named after him.

7 minutes ago, 29AR said:

But Huddlestone's knee was only a few inches off the ground.....!!

If that is a red, then the one on the sky highlights when sliding into the box and our player clears, then caught by derby player is surely a red. Not that that should have been but its a worse foul.

Joke of a decision.

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But Huddlestone's knee was only a few inches off the ground.....!!

Perhaps, maybe I need to see it again from a different angle.

From my vantage point in SS as soon as the ref blew I said to my mate he’s going because I saw his foot at 90degrees to the ground and what seemed to me well off the floor.

But if Huddlestone was low to the ground of course that should be a factor.

Maybe I was wrong - won’t be the first or last time that is for sure. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Perhaps, maybe I need to see it again from a different angle.

From my vantage point in SS as soon as the ref blew I said to my mate he’s going because I saw his foot at 90degrees to the ground and what seemed to me well off the floor.

But if Huddlestone was low to the ground of course that should be a factor.

Maybe I was wrong - won’t be the first or last time that is for sure. 

You’re wrong!

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Ultimately we havent been good enough but **** me we really have had so many decisions go against us

Spot on. Failure to beat Wigan, Ipswich and Reading are where we’ve not quite been good enough in the final third, and that’s what has ultimately cost us.

But Jesus wept we’ve been unfortunate. The last thing you need against teams like Villa and FLDC is to have a shit ref against you as well, and we’ve definitely suffered from that. 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Just watched it several times again. Senenyo gets there first. The ball deviates in the direction semenyo’s touch takes it, the Derby player was late. No foul. 

With respect Fordy, I’m glad your not a referee! 

Senenyo clearly has a bad touch and try’s to make up for it, he slides in recklessly and clearly catches the Derby player. 100% a foul, debatable whether a yellow would have been sufficient. 

But reality tells us all that if it was the other way around, then Ashton Gate would have screamed for a red card. 

6 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

You’re wrong!

Hopefully pal, I thought Semenyo was having a great game up until then and would love him to get full games v Millwall and Hull. Would also be good for him mentally if we are successful on appeal, so I’ll be bringing a ladel to eat that humble pie. 

26 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Senenyo clearly has a bad touch and try’s to make up for it, he slides in recklessly and clearly catches the Derby player. 100% a foul, debatable whether a yellow would have been sufficient. 

But reality tells us all that if it was the other way around, then Ashton Gate would have screamed for a red card. 

If you're being fair to both teams (as he should be), taking into account the referee's leniency in the first half towards Derby tackling, it's a yellow. be honest.

In real time from the Dolman it looked worse than the clip, and my instinct was from the refs angle I could see why it was given. Didn’t think it was a red, but could see the case.

As others have said, the problem is more game context. There were worse challenges than that from Derby and some outright gamesmanship (that handball on the edge of our box when we were breaking where advantage was given but for some reason he didn’t call back for a yellow after passage of play) which were either ruled no card or a yellow.

Think it’s a foul as studs are up on leading foot. Think it’s a yellow. But think it’s the 5th or 6th worst challenge in the game with the top 5 from Derby not getting the same punishment as AS did - and that’s what narks 

Having watched replay several times Huddleston arrived late and gone to ground yellow card at most. Ref in the manner of consistency should have sent Huddleston off in the first half for a similar tackle. Consistently of officials has been our downfall this season. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I don't know who Steve Bloomer is, and I'm not on twitter, but I'd bet his feed doesn't have other clips of the two or theee worse Derby challenges that went unpunished. 

This person is hilarious. He says it’s a late challenge ?it’s the first late challenge in footballing history where a player has got to the ball first. Just comical 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm usually very reluctant to give a referee stick, and have often criticised fans who do ...but that has really left me feeling sick today. 

Villa the other week ...Derby getting a different dodgy pen last week, and some of his decisions today ....just absolutely shambolic 

You cannot tell me these referees remain impartial. These kind of decisions are happening to often 

Not just against us. But other clubs in this division seem to suffer with injustices aswell 

That’s funny, on the other thread you’re claiming we’ve “thrown it away” and yet here you are (rightly) identifying recent refereeing decisions which have had a critical impact on our season.

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That’s funny, on the other thread you’re claiming we’ve “thrown it away” and yet here you are (rightly) identifying recent refereeing decisions which have had a critical impact on our season.

They have? The last 2 weeks there has been some horrendous decisions . What's your point? Where as yes these decisions have ultimately  cost us....had we strengthened appropriately in January there are plenty of home games I believe we could, and should have picked up more points in many games. 

Ipswich, Wigan and Reading being 3 . 

I'll tell you what ...all joking aside, LJ has done a fantastic job this year . He has certainly proved me wrong and although I still have doubts that he can manage these pressure situations, and I'm not convinced he will ever become a top 'manager' ....he certainly has proved what an excellent coach he is. 

LJs stock is rising in the football world.....and Lansdown won't keep him if he doesn't loosen the purse strings and start spending some money 

29 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Having watched replay several times Huddleston arrived late and gone to ground yellow card at most. Ref in the manner of consistency should have sent Huddleston off in the first half for a similar tackle. Consistently of officials has been our downfall this season. 

That's very harsh.  Huddlestone has arrived late and kicked the bottom of Semenyo's foot but it's not a yellow!!!!!

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Thing is PB in the first half it was the other way round and we did scream,and we got nothing.

Archived