IGNORED

The referee

BilboBaggins05

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

That's very harsh.  Huddlestone has arrived late and kicked the bottom of Semenyo's foot but it's not a yellow!!!!!

Huddleston has arrived late but should have been sent off earlier in the game for a similar tackle which ref saw to go unpunished. Huddleston is an experienced player who knows how to play a ref semenyo showed his inexperience but it was never a straight red. There were far worse tackles today so inconsistent officials is the main problem as well as player overreaction 

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

They have? The last 2 weeks there has been some horrendous decisions . What's your point? Where as yes these decisions have ultimately  cost us....had we strengthened appropriately in January there are plenty of home games I believe we could, and should have picked up more points in many games. 

Ipswich, Wigan and Reading being 3 . 

I'll tell you what ...all joking aside, LJ has done a fantastic job this year . He has certainly proved me wrong and although I still have doubts that he can manage these pressure situations, and I'm not convinced he will ever become a top 'manager' ....he certainly has proved what an excellent coach he is. 

LJs stock is rising in the football world.....and Lansdown won't keep him if he doesn't loosen the purse strings and start spending some money 

Fair play, I actually agree with you on a lot of this.

My only comment would be that it’s very easy to say we should have strengthened in January, but an awful lot harder to actually do it. We also don’t know if there were other players the club were trying to recruit. It may not have been through lack of effort.

1 hour ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I’ll link the clip here from twitter but I’ve watched it 7/8 times now and never a red 

It wasn’t two footed as his left foot was under him. Check the video. Also from the referees view, the referee couldn’t see it because Huddlestone was in the way.

2 hours ago, Lez said:

He was ok up until that point. Red card call us wrong simple

He missed loads of little things that anyone who has played a reasonable level would spot.  Waghorn and Malone...every time our player got the ball first, they followed through with body, arm, etc.  Soft fouls, but fouls nonetheless.  All missed.  Yellow card for Huddlestone or Johnson on Webster...was naughty, but let them get away with it.  Waghorn (brave / stupid - you decide) clash of heads with Brownhill, was late and he knew what he was doing too.   

2 hours ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I’ll link the clip here from twitter but I’ve watched it 7/8 times now and never a red 

Doesn’t look a red from that angle. My view is from Dolman. So i am looking at Semenyo’s numbers. His foot is just under TH knee height with studs facing TH. Contact and intent was minimal but I still feel ref got it right by letter of the law even if personally feel it was a soft red. Especially considering TH got away with not even a foul on a challenge earlier that I thought was at least a yellow.

TH tackle actually reminded me of Baker’s red card vs QPR last season. Not the scissor motion but words like forceful and reckless come to mind which are similar words you hear after bookings in todays game. He got away with nothing. Perhaps in instances like this the bigger name gets the benefit of the doubt?

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

With respect Fordy, I’m glad your not a referee! 

Senenyo clearly has a bad touch and try’s to make up for it, he slides in recklessly and clearly catches the Derby player. 100% a foul, debatable whether a yellow would have been sufficient. 

But reality tells us all that if it was the other way around, then Ashton Gate would have screamed for a red card. 

I agree with Fordy. Semenyo is first to the ball. The ref has been done by Huddlestone there. Didn't have Derby as a dirty team, but they are in the same bracket as Leeds and Preston for me.

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm usually very reluctant to give a referee stick, and have often criticised fans who do ...but that has really left me feeling sick today. 

Villa the other week ...Derby getting a different dodgy pen last week, and some of his decisions today ....just absolutely shambolic 

You cannot tell me these referees remain impartial. These kind of decisions are happening to often 

Not just against us. But other clubs in this division seem to suffer with injustices aswell 

Like you...never one to blame refs, but it's becoming too obvious now. Haven't left a game so angry for a long time. 

How we didn't win that game I'll never know. 

3 hours ago, Red said:

Looks like we always and try and blame somebody. Truth is we are not good enough!

Being not good enough is one thing and personally I don’t think we are but some of the decisions that have gone against us have been shocking especially the last few games

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He missed loads of little things that anyone who has played a reasonable level would spot.  Waghorn and Malone...every time our player got the ball first, they followed through with body, arm, etc.  Soft fouls, but fouls nonetheless.  All missed.  Yellow card for Huddlestone or Johnson on Webster...was naughty, but let them get away with it.  Waghorn (brave / stupid - you decide) clash of heads with Brownhill, was late and he knew what he was doing too.   

Was that the one right on the Dolman touchline first half?

If so that that was a foot at head height, not a clash of heads.

3 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

There was that one but I believe he’s on about the one near the end first half where Waghorn essentially head butted JB

I obviously forgot about that one.

I wrote a bit of a write up on the game which mentioned several late undisciplined fouls on the Derby forum and been told I wasn't being biased at all, so some of them must have seen it the same way as us on these decisions.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was that the one right on the Dolman touchline first half?

If so that that was a foot at head height, not a clash of heads.

Forgot that one.  Brownhill closed the ball down, got a ricochet and then got took out....yeah I remember.  No, I was on about one in front of LS Dugouts in first half.

11 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

There was that one but I believe he’s on about the one near the end first half where Waghorn essentially head butted JB

Indeed.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Forgot that one.  Brownhill closed the ball down, got a ricochet and then got took out....yeah I remember.  No, I was on about one in front of LS Dugouts in first half.

Indeed.

Usual story big club gets all the decisions against the little club we better get used to it as its happening more often 

Archived