Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

5 minutes ago, Lez said:

He was ok up until that point. Red card call us wrong simple

Ok up to that point? Derby should have had two off in the first half at least!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm usually very reluctant to give a referee stick, and have often criticised fans who do ...but that has really left me feeling sick today. 

Villa the other week ...Derby getting a different dodgy pen last week, and some of his decisions today ....just absolutely shambolic 

You cannot tell me these referees remain impartial. These kind of decisions are happening to often 

Not just against us. But other clubs in this division seem to suffer with injustices aswell 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm usually very reluctant to give a referee stick, and have often criticised fans who do ...but that has really left me feeling sick today. 

Villa the other week ...Derby getting a different dodgy pen last week, and some of his decisions today ....just absolutely shambolic 

You cannot tell me these referees remain impartial. These kind of decisions are happening to often 

Not just against us. But other clubs in this division seem to suffer with injustices aswell 

It does make you wonder. The speed he got the card out too, no hesitation when in the first half he was letting a lot go.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Gakoe said:

It does make you wonder. The speed he got the card out too, no hesitation when in the first half he was letting a lot go.

Great spot. That’s exactly what he was doing- I wondered if he would give any at one point  .

He gave them a yellow in the last 2 mins on Eliasson - makes you think he thought he’d better make the stats look more even as it was a nothing foul ... 

10 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

No doubt the soccer Saturday presenters were celebrating too?

Kammy was in the game and was very complimentary of us, said we were unlucky to be behind, didn’t think it was a red and also felt we were unfortunate as a whole.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can complain about the ref but personally think it is hard to argue the red card. I have only seen it in real time from my seat but his studs were high and it was a bit reckless. Not sure how much contact there was but think in today’s game it is a red and the ref was at least very sure of it. 

Thought first half he was good in the sense he let us play aggressively without giving them too much. Think he knew they would go down easily. Though think Waghorn could have been sent off on another day and Huddlestone got away with a strong challenge. He may have won the ball but similar to Semenyo was reckless and forceful which is an offence these days

Don’t think he was worse than Villa referee

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 2

The ref today, as with many home games this season,  was simply shocking. Some of the Derby tackles he let go left him with no authority and incapable of controlling the game. And as per usual the linesman were equally ineffective and incompetent, you may as well get the mascots running up and down the line. 

If that performance doesn't warrant a review then football had gone to sh#t. 5 star nob head.

Edited by ciderrider
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You can complain about the ref but personally think it is hard to argue the red card. I have only seen it in real time from my seat but his studs were high and it was a bit reckless. Not sure how much contact there was but think in today’s game it is a red and the ref was at least very sure of it. 

Thought first half he was good in the sense he let us play aggressively without giving them too much. Think he knew they would go down easily. Though think Waghorn could have been sent off on another day and Huddlestone got away with a strong challenge. He may have won the ball but similar to Semenyo was reckless and forceful which is an offence these days

Don’t think he was worse than Villa referee

I’ll link the clip here from twitter but I’ve watched it 7/8 times now and never a red 

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

2 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I’ll link the clip here from twitter but I’ve watched it 7/8 times now and never a red 

Sorry but that is never a red card.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Has ruined our season simply. A red for a pathetic challenge, that wouldn’t have been given As a foul the other way. How many poor decisions have led to game deciding factors ???

I think we ruined our own season with our ineptitude at home.

The think that we somehow let this game become a ‘cup final’ is quite frankly pathetic.

Its obvious we need a striker but when your budget is £5m and £20k a week, good luck.

Its a miracle we are where we are.

I thought it was harsh at the time but the more you watch it the more you realise what a ****** shockingly awful decision it was. 

• Like 3

That is an absolute shocker of a decision, foul yes, yellow possibly, red never in a million years. Football is dead if that’s a red. First half he took his time with the decision making, this time he could not wait to give it. Cheating c***

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I’ve watched that numerous times now and I just can’t see how that’s a red. He hasn’t dived in, it’s not two footed and he doesn’t look to be wildly out of control. It’s barely a foul, let alone a red card. 

So, so frustrating today. To get a ref like that in a game like that..... just our luck.....

40 minutes ago, Lez said:

He was ok up until that point. Red card call us wrong simple

He was poor at best until then.

There were 4-5 occasions in the first half where Derby players slid in and took the player after the ball was already gone and the ref didn't speak to any of them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lez said:

Sorry but that is never a red card.

I am changing my mind in truth the more I see it. It is a bit naive, but he is not late, their player is. When he gets the ball quite easily, he kind of changes the shape of his foot. The Derby player is late, and ends up kicking his foot after the ball is well gone. His foot is high and his studs are showing and that is what has done him, so maybe, but think on balance a yellow. It’s never two footed and he is never out of control. A day when the luck was certainly against us. 

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

I don't know who Steve Bloomer is, and I'm not on twitter, but I'd bet his feed doesn't have other clips of the two or theee worse Derby challenges that went unpunished. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Wasn't there today,,will be interesting to have a nose at the highlights later,though maybe I shouldn't??- that crazy 'man in black made my piss boil at Villa!

Thought at the time it was a red, but annoying as Derby had got the benefit on several occasions, having watched it quite a few times its a yellow at worse.

You can find lots of reasons why we are going to be just short of the playoffs, but when you look at the joke penalty at Ville, FLDC gifted one against QPR and numerous goals disallowed, it's a shame it's being decided by the Refs love in for the big clubs rather than our performance alone.

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don't know who Steve Bloomer is, and I'm not on twitter, but I'd bet his feed doesn't have other clips of the two or theee worse Derby challenges that went unpunished. 

Pretty sure he used to play for Derby, who’d have thought?

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I’ve watched that numerous times now and I just can’t see how that’s a red. He hasn’t dived in, it’s not two footed and he doesn’t look to be wildly out of control. It’s barely a foul, let alone a red card. 

So, so frustrating today. To get a ref like that in a game like that..... just our luck.....

That’s how I felt at the time. I’m normally quite unbiased when I’m watching and often think we’ll get reds when it turns out to be a yellow. I wasn’t even expecting a yellow, was really surprised when he pulled the red out. 

Can’t really blame it on studs being up. There are many challenges where studs are up, it’s more to do with whether the player is out of control or reckless. Semenyo is looking what he is doing and seems in control, Huddlestone arrives later than him and kicks the bottom of his foot. 

V poor decision in my eyes and I’ve even seen many Derby fans thinking it was harsh so it’s not down to bias. 

Another ‘apology’ from the referees association I suppose. Nice one 👍 

The referee was a dick

Huddlestone kick the bottom of antoines foot and goes down like a bitch

Never a red

****** by the ref again

How many times this season?

Who is buying the ref? The see you next tuesdays at the efl who doesnt want little bristol city in the play offs?

The epl who doesnt want us in the prem as we aren't attractive as villa west brom or fldc?

There is a conspiracy

Edited by South Bristol Red
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Red said:

Looks like we always and try and blame somebody. Truth is we are not good enough!

At conning refs?

At the time of the sending off we were all over derby, it was a relentless assault on their goal and it seemed only a matter of time until we equalised. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedSA said:

That’s how I felt at the time. I’m normally quite unbiased when I’m watching and often think we’ll get reds when it turns out to be a yellow. I wasn’t even expecting a yellow, was really surprised when he pulled the red out. 

Can’t really blame it on studs being up. There are many challenges where studs are up, it’s more to do with whether the player is out of control or reckless. Semenyo is looking what he is doing and seems in control, Huddlestone arrives later than him and kicks the bottom of his foot. 

V poor decision in my eyes and I’ve even seen many Derby fans thinking it was harsh so it’s not down to bias. 

Another ‘apology’ from the referees association I suppose. Nice one 👍 

You do start to wonder if there’s some sort of big club conspiracy going on when decisions like that keep happening. Much as it has been amusing to watch, Cardiff have suffered some atrocious decisions all season in the PL as well. Paranoid as it sounds, it really does make you ask some questions. 

Edited by Jacki
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

A game of opinions, but I think the ref got that red right. The video doesn’t show it well but he was studs showing at knee height. 

But broken clock is right twice a day and he was shit. No excusing derby finishing with 11. 

Edited by 29AR

2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

At conning refs?

At the time of the sending off we were all over derby, it was a relentless assault on their goal and it seemed only a matter of time until we equalised. 

I'm on about over a season

57 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Has ruined our season simply. A red for a pathetic challenge, that wouldn’t have been given As a foul the other way. How many poor decisions have led to game deciding factors ???

I think we've done that ourselves

Ultimately we havent been good enough but **** me we really have had so many decisions go against us

• Like 1

Kin joke in the first couple of moments on the lansdown side a derby player goes right thru one of ours

old skoool no booking

im sat in e30  right in front of THE foul an£ it’s a red 

**** off

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A game of opinions, but I think the ref got that red right. The video doesn’t show it well but he was studs showing at knee height. 

But broken clock is right twice a day and he was shit. No excusing derby finishing with 11. 

Frank Lampard not being happy? A famous guy with a team named after him.

7 minutes ago, 29AR said:

But Huddlestone's knee was only a few inches off the ground.....!!

• Thanks 1

Just watched it several times again. Senenyo gets there first. The ball deviates in the direction semenyo’s touch takes it, the Derby player was late. No foul. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Red said:

I'm on about over a season

Well that’s true enough but I think tonight we can have a good rant about the ref 😉 

• Like 1

If that is a red, then the one on the sky highlights when sliding into the box and our player clears, then caught by derby player is surely a red. Not that that should have been but its a worse foul.

Joke of a decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But Huddlestone's knee was only a few inches off the ground.....!!

Perhaps, maybe I need to see it again from a different angle.

From my vantage point in SS as soon as the ref blew I said to my mate he’s going because I saw his foot at 90degrees to the ground and what seemed to me well off the floor.

But if Huddlestone was low to the ground of course that should be a factor.

Maybe I was wrong - won’t be the first or last time that is for sure. 

Again, a totally biased referee on the day. Red card ONLY if they're getting at least one red card too.

**** your apologies two weeks later , **** 'em

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Perhaps, maybe I need to see it again from a different angle.

From my vantage point in SS as soon as the ref blew I said to my mate he’s going because I saw his foot at 90degrees to the ground and what seemed to me well off the floor.

But if Huddlestone was low to the ground of course that should be a factor.

Maybe I was wrong - won’t be the first or last time that is for sure. 

You’re wrong!

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Ultimately we havent been good enough but **** me we really have had so many decisions go against us

Spot on. Failure to beat Wigan, Ipswich and Reading are where we’ve not quite been good enough in the final third, and that’s what has ultimately cost us.

But Jesus wept we’ve been unfortunate. The last thing you need against teams like Villa and FLDC is to have a shit ref against you as well, and we’ve definitely suffered from that. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Just watched it several times again. Senenyo gets there first. The ball deviates in the direction semenyo’s touch takes it, the Derby player was late. No foul. 

With respect Fordy, I’m glad your not a referee! 

Senenyo clearly has a bad touch and try’s to make up for it, he slides in recklessly and clearly catches the Derby player. 100% a foul, debatable whether a yellow would have been sufficient. 

But reality tells us all that if it was the other way around, then Ashton Gate would have screamed for a red card. 

6 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

You’re wrong!

Hopefully pal, I thought Semenyo was having a great game up until then and would love him to get full games v Millwall and Hull. Would also be good for him mentally if we are successful on appeal, so I’ll be bringing a ladel to eat that humble pie. 

Edited by 29AR
  • Like 1