IGNORED

Was this LJ’s equivalent to Cotts’ 5 subs moment?

Fordy62

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was 6th on my list of the 7 subs who I thought might come on....O’Leary 7th.

1. Taylot
  2. Palmer
  3. Eliasson,
  4. Kelly
  5. Baker

For me the order I expected was

1. Kelly
  2. Eliasson
  3. Taylor
  4. Semenyo
  5. Wright
  6. Palmer

Kelly purely top for bringing on a left footed option at CB making it a straight swap

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He is going to be a top player imo Dave. He only turned 19 in January. He looks physically up to championship football already against big strong defenders. That itself is very unusual. But he also has pace, a great touch, technique and balance. And he looks both footed and can really strike a ball. 

He has loads to learn, but is already way ahead where anyone should be at his age. Really hope LJ can develop his ability with his back to goal. His positioning and movement. His aerial ability and how to use his natural physical strength.

He looks like he can be a striker that can create their own chances. Those type of strikers are worth their weight in gold.

100% agree JD.

Now down to LJ’s coaching and AS’s application and desire.

I would love it (Kevin Keegan voice) if he really broke through next season.

8 hours ago, hodge said:

For me the order I expected was

1. Kelly
  2. Eliasson
  3. Taylor
  4. Semenyo
  5. Wright
  6. Palmer

Kelly purely top for bringing on a left footed option at CB making it a straight swap

I think if it was 0-0 it would have been Kelly. I wonder if LJ was thinking about the reading game where he made a straight swap for Smith and then lost an attacking option later in the game.

13 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

It made no sense at all - last week we replaced like for like with Walsh.

Either he believed in his formation or not they must have been working on that in training why change so soon?

Also we’ve proven over 40 games Weimann is more effective in the centre so why push him to the wing when you have a winger in good form.

I didn't understand it then and still dont

Absolutely this. Weimann has proved to be much more effective in the centre. He didn't do a lot for me on the wing yesterday. Eliasson was the obvious choice to start there, with AW in the middle. 

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He is going to be a top player imo Dave. He only turned 19 in January. He looks physically up to championship football already against big strong defenders. That itself is very unusual. But he also has pace, a great touch, technique and balance. And he looks both footed and can really strike a ball. 

He has loads to learn, but is already way ahead where anyone should be at his age. Really hope LJ can develop his ability with his back to goal. His positioning and movement. His aerial ability and how to use his natural physical strength.

He looks like he can be a striker that can create their own chances. Those type of strikers are worth their weight in gold.

I didn't really see any of that personally, but I've only seen him play once.

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

They're defence looked shaky as hell. Semenyo was the right choice, Get Brownhill back centrally, Weimann out wide and get at them.

I think your Semenyo-tinted glasses have a rose hue to them ?

Congrats on your award yesterday.  Thoroughly deserved.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Absolutely this. Weimann has proved to be much more effective in the centre. He didn't do a lot for me on the wing yesterday. Eliasson was the obvious choice to start there, with AW in the middle. 

He played well but whenever he got into the box you knew he wasn’t going to shoot with his left foot .

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think your Semenyo-tinted glasses have a rose hue to them ?

Congrats on your award yesterday.  Thoroughly deserved.

Soon we'll all be wearing those glasses don't you worry. Brownhill had to be put centrally so it was either Eliasson or Semenyo. Taylor is done.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he did ok today, in and out.

I do see some real talent though (i’m sure we all do), and boy, is he a unit too.  He needs a pre-season with the first team, not just fitness, but friendlies too.  He needs to get used to his teammates, the style of play.

He could save us millions.  This experience and brief game time since January will help.

I want us to play two up top next season, and I see Antoine being a regular feature in the 18, and to make a contribution from start or bench.  If we play one, his opportunities will be much less.

If we are serious about the pathway he really has to be a fixture in the first team squad and get significant game time.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Semenyo was making a difference and had Derby scared until he was wrongly dismissed. 

The decision was a brave one to bring him on but it was right. He changed the game positively until he was harshly removed. 

The sentence ‘This kid has a bit of skill’ had barely left my lips when the Ref flashed the red card. He livened up the game and ran at them, even briefly

I thought it was a positive move in so many ways, but I cannot deny a surprising one. Simple question, where we the better team after the substitution? Imo, obviously yes. What happened between the substitution & the red card was mainly positive I thought. But no one can legislate for the red card, which imo going on what the ref let go before that was harsh to say the least. I’m someone who believes in what we are trying to do as a club with the youngsters/academy/pathway, so I’m certainly not going to moan about it when we actually back all the hype up about it & apply it. Slightly on a side note, hopefully  Semenyo sees his future with us after being given the green light in such an important game. COYR 

Archived