IGNORED

2 or 3 short

glen humphries

1 minute ago, glen humphries said:

Plenty of effort today, we’re simply 2or 3 quality players short of having a good side, hope we can bring in kalas and dasilva , we need a centre forward, right back , and a quality midfielder at least to push on, hopefully sl agrees.

Will be interesting to see if we spend £7-8m on a striker. Sort of fee needed.

If we do then great. If we don’t then hey-ho. It will still be fun 

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

Plenty of effort today, we’re simply 2or 3 quality players short of having a good side, hope we can bring in kalas and dasilva , we need a centre forward, right back , and a quality midfielder at least to push on, hopefully sl agrees.

We already have two or three short , quality players . 

Plenty of mention on here about signing Kalas / Da Silva. If Chelsea's transfer ban is upheld then they won't be selling anyone. Little trivia point that may or may not have been mentioned before re Kalas......He is Chelseas longest serving player.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Will be interesting to see if we spend £7-8m on a striker. Sort of fee needed.

If we do then great. If we don’t then hey-ho. It will still be fun 

Fund most of that by selling Diedhiou.  I’m being serious too.

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fund most of that by selling Diedhiou.  I’m being serious too.

Diedhou isnt the problem, he can score 15 in a championship season given the right service and support. People like taylor, watkins, eisa, adelakun brought in to support him is what the problem is. We really dont have a credible alternative, and hes been kicked for 40 games this season.

3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

So 4 or 5 quality players because DaSilva and Kalas have to be funded and convinced too.

I agree, 5 players short.

41 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Diedhou isnt the problem, he can score 15 in a championship season given the right service and support. People like taylor, watkins, eisa, adelakun brought in to support him is what the problem is. We really dont have a credible alternative, and hes been kicked for 40 games this season.

That’s fair Simon.

43 minutes ago, simon uk said:

We really dont have a credible alternative, and hes been kicked for 40 games this season.

You are correct mate. I have this ******** behind me continually criticising Diedhou for being lazy etc. He is always on his back. I don’t think people see the shift he puts in largely on his own up front and the amount of physicality he puts up with

For me he deserves a pat on the back. I’d like to see the fat **** behind me that moans about him do the same. 

If it came down to Kalas or DaSilva, for me it would be DaSilva.

Might not be the popular opinion, but it allows Kelly to start transitioning to CB, while also being available to cover LB if needed.

I also rate Lewie Coyle of Leeds as a decent young RB, been on loan at Fleetwood this season. His contract due to expire in 2020, unless there's been an extension I missed.

57 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Diedhou isnt the problem, he can score 15 in a championship season given the right service and support.

Sorry, but that is nonsense. His hold up play can be fantastic at times but he is woeful at attacking the ball, particularly in the air. You would expect that someone with his stature would have a field day with the likes of Eliasson on the field. We have peppered the box with crosses on countless occasions but Diedhou has never displayed the intelligence to anticipate where the balls are headed. He waits for the ball to come to him, never the other way round. It's easy to defend against a static attacker and is largely why, in my opinion, he will never produce a 20 goal season at this level.

You may say that it isn't his role to score 20 goals a season and that's fair enough, he does bring other qualities to the team. The truth is though that we cannot afford the luxury of a lone striker without a goal-threat when our midfielder's goal contribution can be described as sporadic at best.

If we insist on playing the same system we need a striker that is mobile and can attack our deep crosses.

Archived