IGNORED

1 point from possible 12 has killed our season

Top Robin

Three losses and a draw in last 4 games have all but destroyed our play off chances.

Once again we've blown a really good opportunity.

One would usually blame the manager for this but on OTIB if you criticise Lee Johnson you get berated so I better blame the players for this.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Three losses and a draw in last 4 games have all but destroyed our play off chances.

One would usually blame the manager for this but on OTIB if you criticise Lee Johnson you get berated so I better blame the players for this.

Don’t need to blame anyone. We are the 8th best team in the league. I’m happy with that. 

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Why do you have to blame anyone?

The club as a whole put in a good shift this season, performed above most people's expectations, but ultimately fell short.

I can understand being disappointed, and I am too. Yes there will be learnings for next season, so let's analyse and improve.

No need to be so negative and pinpoint one or two particular people who failed.

Just now, RedDave said:

Don’t need to blame anyone. We are the 8th best team in the league. I’m happy with that. 

Well I for one am not happy with such mind blowing mediocrity over two decades of SL rule

A city like Bristol should be well capable over a period of 20 years or so of doing better than this

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Well I for one am not happy with such mind blowing mediocrity over two decades of SL rule

A city like Bristol should be well capable over a period of 20 years or so of doing better than this

It’s not mediocre though to be 8th best team in this league with a much lower budget than 8th. 

Very good season. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Oh come on Dave. 4 games ago we were the 5th best team in the league!

So what? 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Even if a couple of months ago we were the 5th best team in the league?

Yes. If we were 12th a couple of months ago and finished 8th then everyone would be happy.

I love this league. Watched city for years every week in league one. Happy we are punching above our budget, playing decent football and progressing every single season 

Just now, RedDave said:

Good job I don’t look at it like that! 

Feel very calm about it all. Enjoyed the season and will enjoy Millwall on Tuesday 

Strangely I feel fairly calm too. It’s nice to have all the pressure gone.

At least we can blood the youngsters in the last couple of games. It’ll be nice to see Semenyo get a run out...

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

So is that all we have to hope for!

Having spent most of our existence in the third tier I’m happy with yearly progress in the top half of the Championship. There’s always something to hope for but that doesn’t mean we can’t be content if it doesn’t materialise, provided we are still playing good football and being competitive at his level.

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

But much better than most of our 100 plus years.

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Could end up finishing 11th if we lose the next 2 which is very possible 

So technically it would be a worse season that last.

I'd personally say it's been an equal season in terms of the promise and the disappointment. 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

No of course not. Fine margins in football. Try to enjoy it

Surely there comes a point where City spurning chances to be in the promotion race starts annoying you?

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I'd personally say it's been an equal season in terms of the promise and the disappointment

Yeah 1 point less. Only up side would be our away form this season. 

At least last season we had the cup run to make it a bit more memorable 

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'd personally say it's been an equal season in terms of the promise and the disappointment. 

Surely there comes a point where City spurning chances to be in the promotion race starts annoying you?

I would be more annoyed if we weren’t progressing every season but we are so not too bothered. 

Johnson is learning all the time as well. I am in no hurry to go up either. Probably a minority view, I appreciate that 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

I would be more annoyed if we weren’t progressing every season but we are so not too bothered. 

Johnson is learning all the time as well. I am in no hurry to go up either. Probably a minority view, I appreciate that 

Well progress hasn't been acheived yet. 

I agree that we're so much better off than those dismal league 1 days that we grew up with, but watching City rise up the league then crumble does take it's toll!

Archived