IGNORED

Well done city

Red Army 75

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

IMO we have punched above our weight. But our players have given their all and have come up short. No complaints from me . Proud of the progress our club is making. Up the city 

Stop saying punched above our weight. We are actually a very good team, we need to shake this underdog mentality we are better than this.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Stop saying punched above our weight. We are actually a very good team, we need to shake this underdog mentality we are better than this.

We have exceeded expectations. IMO . Is that better. Beginning of the season most people feared the worst 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

IMO we have punched above our weight. But our players have given their all and have come up short. No complaints from me . Proud of the progress our club is making. Up the city 

Completely agree. 5th youngest team in the league and played very well on the whole. Good progress on last season. Nearly did it. Very proud. 

Very enjoyable season 

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Same old Bristol City 

Always the Bridesmaid. Let's not kid ourselves....we threw away a fantastic opportunity this season 

30 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Completely agree. 5th youngest team in the league and played very well on the whole. Good progress on last season. Nearly did it. Very proud. 

Very enjoyable season 

Not at home, we've been rubbish.

25 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Same old Bristol City 

Always the Bridesmaid. Let's not kid ourselves....we threw away a fantastic opportunity this season 

As we did last season 

Agree with the OP. My view of LJ has improved steadily. He’s lost his best striker 3 close seasons in a row. Last Summer 11 players moved on, including the 3 best and 3 others that were decent ish. While it’s natural to want to go up, 18 wins out of 44 is not a springboard for a happy Premier league experience. Amidst all the ups and downs, however, is the stark fact that we still haven’t equalled last seasons points total. With a chairman demanding improvement, these last two (very loseable ) away games are very important.

43 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We have punched above our weight. We sold three of our most experienced players, including one of the loudest voices in the dressing room and our best goalscorer, and replaced two of them with a Cheltenham Town striker, and someone who's never played above League 1 before. We've had our best midfielder missing for most of the season.

Financially we are a bottom-half club, I think being so streaky makes us think we can be as good as those ridiculous winning runs all the time, but in reality there are bigger and better teams in the Championship than us and a top-eight finish is pretty good.

37 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So have Sheffield United and what they've achieved is something to be proud of I would suggest.

I think we will keep hold of our best players and splash out on a bit of quality in the summer and be a proper force next season. Which has been my expectation for most of the season, you could always see we’re not quite there yet. 

5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

We have punched above our weight. We sold three of our most experienced players, including one of the loudest voices in the dressing room and our best goalscorer, and replaced two of them with a Cheltenham Town striker, and someone who's never played above League 1 before. We've had our best midfielder missing for most of the season.

Financially we are a bottom-half club, I think being so streaky makes us think we can be as good as those ridiculous winning runs all the time, but in reality there are bigger and better teams in the Championship than us and a top-eight finish is pretty good.

We got loads of money for those three players. We didn't reinvest enough. 

I wish we'd stop using this small club mentality as an excuse, we accept mediocrity to easily in my opinion. 

55 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

totally agree . coypal

So so frustrating today for me but we’ll done the boys and mgmt over this season.

Im 48 so watched the first div glory days although very young to appreciate it.

Then I did watch every’ kin game down to the bottom cuz my dad made me.

so this gradually slope back up to the top is a bit like mount Olympus on mars

and ref if  I ever have the misfortune to meet u my sons will give u a Chinese burn and kick u on the shins and I will say #### all

coyr

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The phrase ‘going under the radar’ really annoys me... we need to embrace the fact we’re at least a solid team at this level. 

27 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We got loads of money for those three players. We didn't reinvest enough. 

I wish we'd stop using this small club mentality as an excuse, we accept mediocrity to easily in my opinion. 

No we couldn't. We had to balance the books this season to keep in line with FFP, the losses we've been making are unsustainable.

Unless you'd rather we pushed for it and didn't worry about any points deduction, which is currently working very well for "big" team Birmingham.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Same old Bristol City 

How did we “throw it away” exactly?

20 attempts at goal today, deflected opposition goal, hit the bar, cleared off the line, controversial red card, dominated possession. How it that a “throwing it away” performance?

Ever consider that maybe our results aren’t defined only by our own performances, but also the performance of our opposition?

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How did we “throw it away” exactly?

20 attempts at goal today, deflected opposition goal, hit the bar, cleared off the line, controversial red card, dominated possession. How it that a “throwing it away” performance?

Ever consider that maybe our results aren’t defined only by our own performances, but also the performance of our opposition?

Nothing was thrown away today. As you said....we couldn't have done much more. Today they were brilliant 

When I say we threw away a fantastic opportunity....I simply meant this season . January transfer window....shambles again 

Ironically the 2 we were 'allegedly' in for....both notched today 

Lansdown tried to do it on the cheap again, and once again we come up short 

Archived