IGNORED

Proud

italian dave

Proud of our players today; gave everything, never gave up, couldn't have asked for more. Showed great restraint after the red card, when we could have done another Villa and ended up with a further charge.

Proud of what the squad and the whole management team have achieved this season. We lost three key players in the summer, had more than our fair share of setbacks, Diedhiou's suspension, injuries to key players, Korey, two keepers (at the same time). Without the resources, or the disregard for FFP, that others have, we've built a stronger squad, and we've done it around our strengths and weaknesses. We knew we didn't have the goals in us that we did last year, so we've just become harder to beat. 

Proud of the young players that we keep bringing through the ranks, to hold their own in one of the toughest leagues in Europe. 

And after every away game proud of the fantastic ground and facilities that we now have at Ashton Gate.

And I've still not given up on the top 6! COYR!!

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

But, but, but we didn’t sign a striker in Jan otherwise we’d of already been promoted by now.

If it was easy as some on here think it is then everyone would be signing a proven goalscorer in January.

Not easy but it would have given us a VERY good chance of making the play offs 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Proud of our players today; gave everything, never gave up, couldn't have asked for more. Showed great restraint after the red card, when we could have done another Villa and ended up with a further charge.

Proud of what the squad and the whole management team have achieved this season. We lost three key players in the summer, had more than our fair share of setbacks, Diedhiou's suspension, injuries to key players, Korey, two keepers (at the same time). Without the resources, or the disregard for FFP, that others have, we've built a stronger squad, and we've done it around our strengths and weaknesses. We knew we didn't have the goals in us that we did last year, so we've just become harder to beat. 

Proud of the young players that we keep bringing through the ranks, to hold their own in one of the toughest leagues in Europe. 

And after every away game proud of the fantastic ground and facilities that we now have at Ashton Gate.

And I've still not given up on the top 6! COYR!!

Superb post.

20 minutes ago, gordie said:

Not easy but it would have given us a VERY good chance of making the play offs 

It may of yes but then how does anyone know that? Teams in this league have gambled amounts that we can only dream of having to spend yet none of them have stood out, we could of gone and spent £8-£10m on a striker and he couldn’t score for shit or got a bad injury in his first couple of games and ruled out for the rest of the season, then you’d have the same people on here moaning at what a waste of money it was, those people cannot for the life of them see any positives from this season whatsoever and couldn’t wait for us to fail, even though it’s still not over, so they could have a good old whinge on here just to say I told you so.

Absolute moronic support.

As the title says “proud” I was today, and for a majority of the season as well. We have improved on last season, and we are slowly moving in the right direction. I have no doubt we will reach the promised land in the next couple of seasons. 

Keep the faith people, the jigsaw is almost complete, just need to strengthen with 2 or 3 good signings and then who knows.

13 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

They say things like luck and refing decisions even themselves out over a season..........well we  must be due two 10 nil wins with a mass of dubious pens and offside goals ,better hurry up, not much time left !:grr:

Indeed.

We've hit the woodwork 21- that's TWENTY ONE- times.

Then we have the phantom penalty at Aston Villa, the disallowed goals- Weimann at Derby, Nottingham Forest, at home to Swansea and v Aston Villa.

First 2 definite errors in my book. The other 2 tight in real time. Still the penalty at Aston Villa? Changed the dynamics a lot.

Pisano disallowed v QPR- though a soft last minute penalty got us even. V Rotherham 2 red cards helped us gain 2 points.

OTOH, failure to send off Tettey v Norwich arguably could've cost us a win? May have got something with 11 v 11 yesterday. People on here say Huddlestone could've been off in first half- then again some on here say Smith v Reading if not injured could've been sent off?

Oh and Diedhiou 6 game ban- how Dean and if he played didn't get proper hostile (verbally) reception in February, I'll never know. Stitch up that ban.

We never really do things the easy way or get large slices of luck helping us at key times.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh and Diedhiou 6 game ban

With some hindsight it is remarkable how little is made of this. If it was at any other time in the season and any other club (and we all know which ones), the level of outrage and subsequent media coverage, would be unbearable. As it was, nothing.

Hang on, we're just going to remove your top scorer for well over 10% of your league games this season.

Yeah cheers for that, you crack on.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The refs and the EFL have been an absolute disgrace. It's getting a bit silly now as we know every time we take on a bigger club that they will get all the favourable decisions. Derby were smashing us for 90 minutes and the ref seemed ok with that. One bad one from us, that was not as bad as some of their challenges, straight red. 

EDIT. Oh yeah and your point about Fam. This would never have happened to a Derby, Villa, Leeds etc. Absolute joke. He not only missed all those games, but then takes him longer to get up to match fitness. A good quarter of the season we either did not have Fam, or had a Fam who was behind the others in match fitness. 

Tbh Leeds aren't always so lucky with refs themselves, it's a common misconception.

I'm currently in West Yorkshire so am listening to Leeds v Aston Villa and it sounds like they're having a fairly crap time of it. Wonder if it's one of our recent ones?

It does seem bigger sides often get the rub of the green though- that 6 game Diedhiou ban? I'd have taken it to the CAS on a point of principle if I was SL.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well yeah maybe they don't get the decisions when they are playing the Villa!

Well it's Stuart Attwell so enough said about him... He's Stuart Attwell after all- he's just not very good! ?

In general though, they get some luck but bad luck too. More than us yeah but fairly middling I'd suggest- got family who live up there so I have a fair idea. The EFL loving Leeds is another common misconception.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh Leeds aren't always so lucky with refs themselves, it's a common misconception.

I'm currently in West Yorkshire so am listening to Leeds v Aston Villa and it sounds like they're having a fairly crap time of it. Wonder if it's one of our recent ones?

It does seem bigger sides often get the rub of the green though- that 6 game Diedhiou ban? I'd have taken it to the CAS on a point of principle if I was SL.

Just as he should have allied with Steve Gibson over  clubs circumventing FFP. In these circumstances he is far too timid imo, yet he stirred the storm in a teacup over spygate.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

With some hindsight it is remarkable how little is made of this. If it was at any other time in the season and any other club (and we all know which ones), the level of outrage and subsequent media coverage, would be unbearable. As it was, nothing.

Hang on, we're just going to remove your top scorer for well over 10% of your league games this season.

Yeah cheers for that, you crack on.

And to make it worse, the "offence" happened with several relatively meaningless games left last season. These things are meant to be dealt with immediately, with an immediate ban, so why not in this case? Didn't the EFL even make some ridiculous statement about there being no rush because there were no significant games coming up. No, but it ended up with him missing very meaningful games this season as a result. Idiots. 

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm currently in West Yorkshire so am listening to Leeds v Aston Villa and it sounds like they're having a fairly crap time of it. 

That might be more to do with it being Aston Villa than Leeds!

Archived