IGNORED

Did we have a shot (on target or otherwise)

REDOXO

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

WE did not have a (meaningful) shot on target or otherwise. Its pretty simple we did not! I

What were they then....... Accidental shots?

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think he’s been at any game ....

He certainly didn't watch today's game, no matter where he was.

From the BBC:

" Jamie Paterson was denied by Derby goalkeeper Kelle Roos three times in quick succession after the half-hour mark, and he also did well to keep a powerful shot from Josh Brownhill out in the 44th minute. "

" The second period started with Roos denying Paterson again and the Rams scrambling Brownhill's follow-up shot off the line."

" Andreas Weimann hit the bar for the home side following up an effort that was cleared off the line by Waghorn"

28 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Yesyes again . hit the bar, keeper beaten. cleared off the line , keeper beaten

Admittedly I watched the highlights back and realised we hit the bar (missed that from my angle in the atyeo) and the goal mouth scramble but really the keeper of wasn’t troubled from any of our shots. We applied a lot of pressure without really creating any chances

Well I'll be at Millwall. Usually do one away game a season and this season, this is it?

Hospitality? Not talking about anything other than as a general point here as opposed to anything specific to this game.

Always wished to try it, you don't really get an atmosphere in that though I'd have thought. Especially not in away games- off to game with mates in away end, few drinks beforehand, and yes that hope- mathematically if nothing else.

Can you enjoy it so much in Hospitality, live it properly? Not sure tbh!

10 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Admittedly I watched the highlights back and realised we hit the bar (missed that from my angle in the atyeo) and the goal mouth scramble but really the keeper of wasn’t troubled from any of our shots. We applied a lot of pressure without really creating any chances

Hitting the bar and having balls cleared off the line is creating chances......not hitting the back of the net is not scoring goals, a subtle but important difference 

14 hours ago, REDOXO said:

And we lost because at no time we actually looked like we might score....Smell the coffee fella!

We quite obviously looked like scoring given the 2 shots that had beaten the goalkeeper and were cleared off the line.

As someone else said, won't trust your match reports.

You've changed your original question because the answer wasn't what you wanted, and now that you're still not getting the answer you want you're disregarding reality.

12 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

From the BBC:

" Jamie Paterson was denied by Derby goalkeeper Kelle Roos three times in quick succession after the half-hour mark, and he also did well to keep a powerful shot from Josh Brownhill out in the 44th minute. "

" The second period started with Roos denying Paterson again and the Rams scrambling Brownhill's follow-up shot off the line."

" Andreas Weimann hit the bar for the home side following up an effort that was cleared off the line by Waghorn"

Yeah but we didn't have any shots, and none of those 0 (actually 23) shots were on target (actually 11), and of those 0 (actually 11) on target none of them troubled the goalkeeper (actual number down to opinions but a MINIMUM of 2 considering 2 had beaten the goalkeeper).

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not sure what qualifies as “troubling the goalkeeper” but apart from the other times when he was saved by the woodwork and his own teammates, he also tipped one over the bar from Wiemann (at least I think it was Wiemann).

No doubt @REDOXO will find some reason why that doesn’t count either.

I think that unless it's Banksesque then it doesn't count as troubling the goalkeeper for @REDOXO, who will no doubt agree with me if I say that using that metric Aston Villa didn't trouble Max O'Leary a couple of weeks ago.

After all, in that game there were 3 shots that beat him (just like we had yesterday), one of which hit the woodwork.

We have played a helluva lot worse and won this season and had the ref enforced the same criteria for their challenges I think we may have got the win or at least a point. If that had been a boxing match the ref would have stopped it. The only stats we didn't have the upper hand with was fouls committed and obviously goals score (yes I know that last one trumps all the other ststs) 

So Mr redoxo just take stock (sorry couldn't help the pun) we played well but we were unlucky. Enjoy the Millwall game.

18 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Hilarious! We lost 2-0 we did not test their keeper significantly. He did not push one round the post or any other real extension that can be remembered as a any kind of game changer. 

Many thanks for your comment but I have seen every game this season, home and away, and was today a guest of the club in the Heineken lounge (yes really) But good effort!

Smug?

19 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Hilarious. We lost to a team that hit the target and worked the keeper! We failed to extend their keeper. Tell me when we did?

Just after halftime patos shot that ended in goalmouth scramble...numerous saves in first half mainly from pato albeit fairly comfortable ones

Archived