IGNORED

Empty stadium at final whistle

hantsred

apologies I I decided to go home after the final whistle went, Whilst I am more than happy with the season and their efforts , I cant remember the last time someone turned up at my work and applauded me for doing a day/weeks work!!!

Maybe some were disappointed, maybe some had buses to catch as the game went on very late, maybe some do not feel the seasons efforts at home were satisfactory?

Who knows. I stayed as I always do but I have no problem with a general what could have been, I’m going type attitude - everybody pays their hard earned money after all.

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Maybe some were disappointed, maybe some had buses to catch as the game went on very late, maybe some do not feel the seasons efforts at home were satisfactory?

Who knows. I stayed as I always do but I have no problem with a general what could have been, I’m going type attitude - everybody pays their hard earned money after all.

Sure they wouldnt worry about buses if it was a promotion party. 

2 minutes ago, Neutral said:

You would never see this at Leeds, Newcastle or a lot of other clubs. But I'm sure they all had good excuses...

Buses, beat the traffic, first to the bar, beat the queue at KFC........

35 minutes ago, Neo said:

I can get the 'some' bit, but surely the majority could sacrifice a bit of a delay in there Saturday evening schedule for a once a season appreciation. Just thought the players deserved more from us after the game yesterday.... Especially after what was a pretty good atmosphere during the game. 

43 minutes ago, Super said:

Sure they wouldnt worry about buses if it was a promotion party. 

I’m sure the bus times would have been changed if there was any chance of that. But as it was just a game on a Saturday which was important but not conclusive I doubt consideration by any stakeholder in to timetable came into play.

1 hour ago, hantsred said:

I know the result wasn't what we deserved or wanted yesterday but it wasn't for the lack of effort! So why not stay and applaud your team on the seasons efforts yesterday? 

DSC_0500_compress_38.JPG

Sorry that’s not the final whistle , no Derby on the pitch etc , there was still a decent amount in there at the whistle who all applauded them off , appreciating efforts , the boos if any were for the ref, with shouts of shit referee , nothing said about them coming back out like other seasons would have stayed if made plain , the fans have been excellent this season in the main but hey ho lets slag everyone off as usual 

11 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Streams of people left after the second goal with nearly 20 mins left, and there were even some boos at the final whistle. Football fans, I’ll never understand them

I took the boos to be aimed at the Ref, or Lampard celebrating like he had won the Champions League.  I saw our players being applauded.

Well we are trying to improve as a club, players, management, infrastructure. Seems to me the fans need to improve big time, a shocking performance in such an important game.

City pushing for an equaliser leading up to half time, half the crowd gone having a pint. Momentum gone.

City concede an undeserved second but the players have given it absolutely everything, streams of people leaving, justified on here by oh we werent gonna win from that position. Unbelievable.

Final whistle ground is half empty and by the time of the lap of honour for a really good season, last chance to see a number of players and there is barely anyone there.

Our fanbase has a shit mentality and a big reason for our lack of success.

Having stayed, as I always do, to clap the players I was disappointed that, after what is likely to have been our last game of the season, LJ didn’t make an appearance. I’m very happy with him as HC and rate him highly but whilst he always comes out to take the plaudits when we win, he’s generally straight down the tunnel when we lose. I consider that a character flaw which he should correct.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Having stayed, as I always do, to clap the players I was disappointed that, after what is likely to have been our last game of the season, LJ didn’t make an appearance. I’m very happy with him as HC and rate him highly but whilst he always comes out to take the plaudits when we win, he’s generally straight down the tunnel when we lose. I consider that a character flaw which he should correct.

I reckon he couldn't hide his frustration about the inept referee and so decided to not risk going face to face with him... 

That being said, he should have applauded us at least 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I reckon he couldn't hide his frustration about the inept referee and so decided to not risk going face to face with him... 

That being said, he should have applauded us at least 

LJ said exactly this at the press conference. In fact he shook Lampard’s hand and left before the final whistle as he ‘couldn’t trust himself’ re the ref. 

47 minutes ago, Super said:

Buses, beat the traffic, first to the bar, beat the queue at KFC........

Funny how nobody had a bus to catch after Man Utd. Also thought it was a bit odd that while we were pressing at the end of the first half in our most important game in over a decade about 5000 people went for a pie/pint. Clearly up to individuals how they support but felt pretty disappointing.

I went into the stadium full of optimism of a win and 3 points and as usual just lately was very disappointed come the final whistle. The cold rain was blowing all over me so I shot off home as quick as I could. 

It would have been nice to applaud the team off especially if we would have won but sadly this season our home for has been poor. 

That wasn’t the stadium at the final whistle. Admittedly, a lot went after the second goal for some inexplicable reason, but the stadium was still pretty much full at full time.

theres no-one on ether pitch in your photo and both teams stayed on for at least 5 minutes after the whistle. 

Im not sure what your agenda is, but don’t let the truth get in the way of it.

23 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Ho chose to stay away from the referee. For good reason!!

I'll probably get slaughtered for this, but I think our 'Support' in general stinks.

We have a minority of passionate supporters who try to create a good atmosphere, and there are fans like myself, who aren't 'singers' but will join in support, when the C'mooooon you reds generates around the ground.

I usually sit in the middle of the Dolman, however yesterday chose to sit just above our dugout.

What a bunch of moaning, entitled, non supporting bunch of 'fans' I've ever heard or seen. total lack of support and a continual moaning chattering.

It's very similar in the Central Dolman.

It's very weird...too posh to push is a sentiment that comes to mind. Too middle class to bother. It really feels like an entitled feeling sometimes.

Yet go to the Rugby...and everyone is shouting and getting behind the team. I really can't work it out.

These are the same people that moan like hell when things aren't going to plan...but when doing well, just think it's how it should be.

We as a Support in general are very poor imo.

I felt for LJ and the players yesterday. A fantastic effort and a fantastic season.

We were fantastic on the pitch yesterday...and have been in general all season.

I stood there applauding them off...but feeling like some of our fans don't deserve success.

So many just like a moan...with an 'Entitled' disposition it seems.

Tin hat on.

On a side note...what a player Jay is.

4 minutes ago, clunes said:

That wasn’t the stadium at the final whistle. Admittedly, a lot went after the second goal for some inexplicable reason, but the stadium was still pretty much full at full time.

theres no-one on ether pitch in your photo and both teams stayed on for at least 5 minutes after the whistle. 

Im not sure what your agenda is, but don’t let the truth get in the way of it.

Yes its a few minutes after the whistle went.

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

I went into the stadium full of optimism of a win and 3 points and as usual just lately was very disappointed come the final whistle. The cold rain was blowing all over me so I shot off home as quick as I could. 

It would have been nice to applaud the team off especially if we would have won but sadly this season our home for has been poor. 

Exactly. I don't know what people expect. There was so much hope going into what was an absolutely crunch game. When Derby's third went in, and before it was disallowed), I was fuming. I know we needed to score but going all-out gung ho was suicidal.

Archived