IGNORED

Empty stadium at final whistle

hantsred

1 hour ago, hantsred said:

I know the result wasn't what we deserved or wanted yesterday but it wasn't for the lack of effort! So why not stay and applaud your team on the seasons efforts yesterday? 

DSC_0500_compress_38.JPG

I guess it didn't feel like the end of the season (which it isn't). Seemed a bit weird to stay and applaud when we have two games left. Perhaps it might have been different if we had won, but I wasn't overly upset as we have two more games to go. I don't think it even crossed people's minds that there would be a walk-round, there was no announcement. 

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

I guess it didn't feel like the end of the season (which it isn't). Seemed a bit weird to stay and applaud when we have two games left. Perhaps it might have been different if we had won, but I wasn't overly upset as we have two more games to go. I don't think it even crossed people's minds that there would be a walk-round, there was no announcement. 

Always the last home game of the season.

31 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Having stayed, as I always do, to clap the players I was disappointed that, after what is likely to have been our last game of the season, LJ didn’t make an appearance. I’m very happy with him as HC and rate him highly but whilst he always comes out to take the plaudits when we win, he’s generally straight down the tunnel when we lose. I consider that a character flaw which he should correct.

I've brought this subject up before, but once again got put down for it, as everyone knows I used to be a Johnson hater, a few weeks ago I turned my head and applauded him, for turning the club around, as stated, yesterday he couldn't even stay on the pitch after losing yesterday, he went straight down the tunnel, same ol Johnson, I'll await the responses, I'll get put down for it, 

This is more evidence of progress and how we are moving forward as a club, on and off the pitch. Where once we complained that people are leaving the Dolman early, before the final whistle, before even added time begins, now we are complaining that people have buggered off and are not still in the ground three or four minutes after the final whistle.

Well done all. 

43 minutes ago, Spoons said:

What pissed me off is the empty stadium after the second goal went in. 

Or as someone else mentions the need for pie/pint/piss on 38 minutes. Seemed even more of an exodus than normal yesterday, surely the team needed fans more than people needed one or all of the above. Made me sad.

Tin hat on, yes I know it’s people right to eat drink etc, but I’d rather bar sales were down and the fans had pulled together. It might not have help but I think we could have left and really thought we had done our bit, I think there was more to give yesterday.

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'll probably get slaughtered for this, but I think our 'Support' in general stinks.

We have a minority of passionate supporters who try to create a good atmosphere, and there are fans like myself, who aren't 'singers' but will join in support, when the C'mooooon you reds generates around the ground.

I usually sit in the middle of the Dolman, however yesterday chose to sit just above our dugout.

What a bunch of moaning, entitled, non supporting bunch of 'fans' I've ever heard or seen. total lack of support and a continual moaning chattering.

It's very similar in the Central Dolman.

It's very weird...too posh to push is a sentiment that comes to mind. Too middle class to bother. It really feels like an entitled feeling sometimes.

Yet go to the Rugby...and everyone is shouting and getting behind the team. I really can't work it out.

These are the same people that moan like hell when things aren't going to plan...but when doing well, just think it's how it should be.

We as a Support in general are very poor imo.

I felt for LJ and the players yesterday. A fantastic effort and a fantastic season.

We were fantastic on the pitch yesterday...and have been in general all season.

I stood there applauding them off...but feeling like some of our fans don't deserve success.

So many just like a moan...with an 'Entitled' disposition it seems.

Tin hat on.

On a side note...what a player Jay is.

Can’t disagree with much of that ( I’ll also grab my tin hat! ), honestly think it reflects a lot about society. & yes, Jay is going to be one hell of a player imo. Has so much ability & has every chance to go to the top imo. COYR 

I stayed, but it was pretty toxic with people who were justifiably frustrated after what happened abusing those who were leaving  early because they had had enough. When you come so close, and for it to be taken away by things beyond our control, then it’s a doubly gutting experience.

This morning, probably like most I still have an amazing sense of pride for my little football club who kicked arse with the clubs with stupid money, combined with a sense of loss that to get so far is so desperately disappointing. Meaning that we’ve got to go through it all again next year. It does seem that supporting the City is a massive emotional investment and like you all,  I’m  pretty deflated and gutted at the moment and need a holiday. 

Bloody football

I stayed until about ten mins after the final whistle, and the Lansdown Stand still seemed quite full.

Even managed to see Kalas with his shirt off, the last man to exit the pitch, and my God he is built like a tank.  We say about having him here next year, but I reckon he's secretly planning a move into Strong man competitions - muscle upon muscle!

22 minutes ago, clunes said:

That wasn’t the stadium at the final whistle. Admittedly, a lot went after the second goal for some inexplicable reason, but the stadium was still pretty much full at full time.

theres no-one on ether pitch in your photo and both teams stayed on for at least 5 minutes after the whistle. 

Im not sure what your agenda is, but don’t let the truth get in the way of it.

Yep probably 5 mins after the final whistle... City players just passing section 82. Also not completely empty if we are splitting hairs. BUT, my point is at the final whistle the stadium all but emptied and by the time the players has started to applaud the fans back believe me 3/4 or more of the city fans were already in their cars, on their buses or bikes or whatever. Put is this way, if only two players came over to applaud you for your efforts in supporting the team for the whole season would you be a tad disappointed in their efforts? 

Just now, Lord Northski said:

I stayed, but it was pretty toxic with people who were justifiably frustrated after what happened abusing those who were leaving  early because they had had enough. When you come so close, and for it to be taken away by things beyond our control, then it’s a doubly gutting experience.

This morning, probably like most I still have an amazing sense of pride for my little football club who kicked arse with the clubs with stupid money, combined with a sense of loss that to get so far is so desperately disappointing. Meaning that we’ve got to go through it all again next year. It does seem that supporting the City is a massive emotional investment and like you all,  I’m  pretty deflated and gutted at the moment and need a holiday. 

Bloody football

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but come on. Bristol is one of the biggest cities in the UK, whereas Norwich is nowhere near and have just been promoted...again. The only reason they're a club 'with stupid money' and we're not is because we are perennial underachievers.  

19 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Well in that case the 20000 who left will be in the away section at Hull taking the chance to applaud them then? 

2 minutes ago, hantsred said:

Well in that case the 20000 who left will be in the away section at Hull taking the chance to applaud them then? 

How thick do you have to be to not realise it was the last home game of the season and that the players always do a walk around at the last home game.

New fans fine, long standing fans wtf?

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

Or as someone else mentions the need for pie/pint/piss on 38 minutes. Seemed even more of an exodus than normal yesterday, surely the team needed fans more than people needed one or all of the above. Made me sad.

Tin hat on, yes I know it’s people right to eat drink etc, but I’d rather bar sales were down and the fans had pulled together. It might not have help but I think we could have left and really thought we had done our bit, I think there was more to give yesterday.

Great point. Especially as there was 7 mins added on in the first half!

1 minute ago, hantsred said:

we don't have that allocation, I'm sure the fans will give them all the support they deserve at the final whistle.

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

You would never see this at Leeds, Newcastle or a lot of other clubs. But I'm sure they all had good excuses...

Newcastle fans left in there thousands when 3-0 down at half time home to arsenal one season.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

How thick do you have to be to not realise it was the last home game of the season and that the players always do a walk around at the last home game.

New fans fine, long standing fans wtf?

Perhaps my mind was more on Tuesday… 

2 hours ago, hantsred said:

I know the result wasn't what we deserved or wanted yesterday but it wasn't for the lack of effort! So why not stay and applaud your team on the seasons efforts yesterday? 

DSC_0500_compress_38.JPG

Perhaps the Dolman early leavers wanted to see that nice rainbow ??

I was disappointed to have missed it! ?

58 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

I've brought this subject up before, but once again got put down for it, as everyone knows I used to be a Johnson hater, a few weeks ago I turned my head and applauded him, for turning the club around, as stated, yesterday he couldn't even stay on the pitch after losing yesterday, he went straight down the tunnel, same ol Johnson, I'll await the responses, I'll get put down for it, 

As said elsewhere, he took the decision to avoid a potential confrontation with the referee. He's been in enough trouble already this season, and the last thing we need isn't to be starting next season with him under a 'suspension'.

Don't really understand those who leave or even get up from their seats before the final whistle, just to avoid traffic or whatever. That's wrong, in my book.
But have no problem with those who leave right after the final whistle. Last game at home or not. Especially those who cheer on the team every week.
If I were a player after yesterday's game, I'm not sure I'd be too bothered about a lap of honour and one last round of applause from the fans. The players have been well paid for their efforts, in any case.
I'd be wanting to get off, forget about the way the game went, and then give everything to win the next game.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm of the same view. I stayed until the final whistle but left sharpishly after that. It was only when I had left the stadium that I thought about the fact it was the last home game and there might be a players walkaround. I don't recall there being any mention beforehand or at half time. Mind you I was in the Dolman so there may have been!

Did feel a bit guilty after.

1 minute ago, Reigate Red said:

I'm of the same view. I stayed until the final whistle but left sharpishly after that. It was only when I had left the stadium that I thought about the fact it was the last home game and there might be a players walkaround. I don't recall there being any mention beforehand or at half time. Mind you I was in the Dolman so there may have been!

Did feel a bit guilty after.

To be honest it didn’t feel like a full end of season orchestrated walk around - sometimes the players leave the pitch and then return. It was more informal and I saw Bailey Wright suggested the players start at the Atyeo. 

Archived