IGNORED

Just A Point

slartibartfast

We are 3 places higher though, at the moment. I always prefer to judge things on position rather than points. Interesting that the same 3 teams are there or thereabouts again this season. Aston Villa, Middlesboro and Derby. Maybe a hard to break into 'mini league' is developing at the top of the Championship?!

Championship-Table-2018-19.png

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

As it stands (yes ,two games to go, I know) we are still a point off equaling last season's record !

Continual improvement ?.............we'll see .

If a team in the Premier League gets 33 points and finishes 17th and then gets 36 points and goes down, have they improved or not? 

Personally I believe we have improved as we are closer to achieving a play off place

5 minutes ago, MigratedRobin said:

We are 3 places higher though, at the moment. I always prefer to judge things on position rather than points. Interesting that the same 3 teams are there or thereabouts again this season. Aston Villa, Middlesboro and Derby. Maybe a hard to break into 'mini league' is developing at the top of the Championship?!

Championship-Table-2018-19.png

Those three teams were overtaken this season by 10th, 13th and 14th from last season.

15 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

People like to talk about continual improvement, but it was only ten years ago that we were in the Championship play-off final and one game away from the Prem.

And in 1978 we were top half of the top division, and in 1909 we got to the cup final. Seriously underachieving, Johnson out, Lansdown out.

Seriously, it's not an entirely linear thing: it wouldn't worry me if we finished a point or a place short this season, I still think that overall we are a stronger club, squad, team. We've mounted a serious play off challenge this season, we've got a stronger squad (our bench really gives us options, and we've been able to manage injuries to key players).

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

People like to talk about continual improvement, but it was only ten years ago that we were in the Championship play-off final and one game away from the Prem.

We then spiralled downhill, clinging desperately onto a Championship spot for a few years.

After relegation the club adopted a new strategy of going about it's way, since the change in policy we have improved year on year.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

And it was only 5 years ago we were looking at relegation to league 2...

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

As it stands (yes ,two games to go, I know) we are still a point off equaling last season's record !

Continual improvement ?.............we'll see .

I believe so. Not just the points total, final league position. But the fact that when I look at the bench, I think ‘ that’s quite strong ‘ or some players not being on the bench that could possibly be in the starting eleven. The average attendance being as good as I can remember. The future looking as bright as I can remember with some actual chance of sustainability. So all in all, improvement. COYR 

Archived