IGNORED

What’s wrong with Baker?

BCFC OF SWEDEN

First i must say thats he’s really super player when he plays...

But how many times the last two seasons has he been subbed because of a injury?

8-10 times i reckon, thats not normal for a defender.

Is he done of cotton or what is wrong?

Everytime when he is down i know he’s going  to be subbed...

In Sweden we have a name for players like that-glaslirare!

Get rid of...does he even like playing football?

3 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

He was concussed and that was the reason why he had to go off.

13 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

He was concussed and that was the reason why he had to go off.

If so it's 10 days minimum recovery after concussion, so if we don't make the play offs that's season over for Baker .

Quite possible we've seen him in a City shirt for the last time.

He has the pain threshold of a teething 1 year old, and his legs are made of biscuit.

?

Seriously ,didn't see the incident, but I like him as a footballer. Shame he has had so many injuries, and now down the pecking order. I would let him go in he summer, if only to release funds for players.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If so it's 10 days minimum recovery after concussion, so if we don't make the play offs that's season over for Baker .

Quite possible we've seen him in a City shirt for the last time.

Nothing against baker, hopefully that’s the last we see of him , doesn’t play enough to warrant the wages .

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not good enough. Mount turned him inside out before the goal. He has made numerous key mistakes and always seems to come off injured.

We need more athletic ball playing centre backs. Sign someone like Ajayi, obviously play Kelly and maybe Vyner and Moore in the future.

I thought at the time  he had the opportunity to clear, small margins!

when he first came,he seemed to have the odd game where he tried to get himself sent off, nowadays,its like get an injury and stay off with that. other players get injuries which keep them out but theres normally a reason for them.ie,last season o dowdas stupid challenge and the recent korey smith accident.

with baker,he just seems to cop out in normal play, all this in my opinion only.

hes a centre back and should be one of the strongest players on the pitch to fill that role but the likes of palmer/brownhill etc get clattered as much and get up and on with it.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

didn't see the incident, but I like him as a footballer. Shame he has had so many injuries, and now down the pecking order. I would let him go in he summer, if only to release funds for players.

Lee said he hit his head on the ground, I thought their player had caught him?

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

Lee said he hit his head on the ground, I thought their player had caught him?

I see , it's a shame that previous injuries do tend to cast a doubt over him. Looked so good when he first signed, better than when he was on loan.

I've got nothing but respect and admiration for the guy, he came in as a solid defender and has been one of the reasons we are still in the Championship.

It is probably time for him to leave in the summer, purely because we now need to be better and aim higher.  I can see him moving somewhere like Blackburn and doing a fine job there.

Good player imo, he does what a defender does and puts his body on the line for his team. As others have said it may have been his last game for us as i think we might want him off the wage bill....i wouldn't be disappointed if he stayed another season

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Like some other tall players - Andy Carrol, Djuric ect are often injury prone and miss more games than they play.

Not sure why but there must be a physiological explanation..........:dunno:

Then there's Flint who barely missed a game and tried to play on for several minutes despite being in obvious pain after suffering a bad injury at Shrewsbury.

Not withstanding yesterday (when if concussion is confirmed Baker absolutely had to come off) some players clearly have more heart, fight and determination to stay on the pitch than others.

There have been numerous occasions when Baker has left the field seemingly badly injured and then been available for the next game.

In all my years supporting City I can't remember another player like him.

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Then there's Flint who barely missed a game and tried to play on for several minutes despite being in obvious pain after suffering a bad injury at Shrewsbury.

Not withstanding yesterday (when if concussion is confirmed Baker absolutely had to come off) some players clearly have more heart, fight and determination to stay on the pitch than others.

There have been numerous occasions when Baker has left the field seemingly badly injured and then been available for the next game.

In all my years supporting City I can't remember another player like him.

Interestingly Flint has had some injuries this season with Boro. With us, after that long term one early in his time with us, I was always impressed at how little he was injured. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Not good enough. Mount turned him inside out before the goal. He has made numerous key mistakes and always seems to come off injured.

We need more athletic ball playing centre backs. Sign someone like Ajayi, obviously play Kelly and maybe Vyner and Moore in the future.

But didn’t go by him, so did his job up to a point. The lack of tracking on the goal scorer would be my concern there. The injured bit I agree with. COYR

Echo a lot of thoughts here. Baker has had some exceptional games but the injury record means trust in him has dropped and the fact we have (currently) better centre backs means he’s currently surplus.

My thinking here is that he’s thought to be one of the higher earners. This means if he goes, a fair wedge of wage is freed up. That in itself makes a certain Chelsea loanee not look as big an addition to the budget wage wise as would otherwise be the case...

Does seem a touch injury prone but we really have no idea if it's just that. Insinuating he lacks the fortitude or capability to cope with injury without any actual evidence is a bit poor IMHO.

to my mind he is still decent and his main problem is that our first choice CB pairing are simply better.

3 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

We are strong a CB, Vyner, Kelly, Kalas, Wright and even Moore. Get rid and free up wages for elsewhere (another CF). 

Kalas is unlikely to be here, Wright is probably good enough still as back up, but the others are largely unproven.  Would, for example, many Championship sides be rushing to buy Vyner. We need to replace Kalas with as equal quality as we can afford

9 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

For a big guy he’s either soft as shit or incredibly unlucky, I’m not sure which

Archived