IGNORED

What’s wrong with Baker?

BCFC OF SWEDEN

Rate Baker highly, grated he has been injury prone, at times we lack a a very tall CB would have him in starting 11 over Bailey Wright all day long. as Kalas will not be here next year would be happy to see him stay. As long as we can get him play 35 plus games .

13 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Rate Baker highly, grated he has been injury prone, at times we lack a a very tall CB would have him in starting 11 over Bailey Wright all day long. as Kalas will not be here next year would be happy to see him stay. As long as we can get him play 35 plus games .

He will start 35 games and subbed 33 ?

Someone posted on Twitter it’s 14 times he’s been subbed off either before or at half-time.

Shame, was quality first half of last season.  Suspect there would be quite a few suitors out there who wouldn’t baulk at £20k per week for a guy with almost a 100 top flight games, and at 28 (last week), a good few years left in him.

I would like to think we could get £2.5m for him, maybe a tad more to the right club....Villa....when they don’t go up!!!

I just don’t think we can take a risk on not moving him on, we gave Kelly....and as Silvio says would go some way to mitigating the cost of Kalas if he’s interested in coming here permanently.

3 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Some really short memories here, thought he was excellent vs West Brom just a few weeks ago.

That's the shame of it.

He had a great run with Flinty when many of us said he was the better of the pair and the player we couldn't afford to lose.

The stats mentioned by @Davefevs and his miraculous recoveries between matches would suggest he has a psychological problem. He's rarely subbed for the same reason so he's either throwing himself into tackles too wrecklessly or as soon as he gets a knock he convinces himself that he needs to leave the field.

Very frustrating.

I can't remember another City player with the same high percentage of substitutions due to matchday injury.

Baffled by some who feel the need to have a pop at a player who’s had shit luck with injuries over the past year or so, and then you get some who think he actually does it on purpose! Laughable. When fully fit Baker would walk into most teams in this division.

13 hours ago, Lucan said:

What's your point ?  Has anyone said he has never had a good game?

I think he means that there's a quality player in him. If he gets past his injuries and receives a good run in form I think he'd get consistent again 

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Baffled by some who feel the need to have a pop at a player who’s had shit luck with injuries over the past year or so, and then you get some who think he actually does it on purpose! Laughable. When fully fit Baker would walk into most teams in this division.

Absolutely 

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It's not a good thing to stop playing football or go down the divisions. Try to become a postman. A job were you learn to know common people and their daily life. Sleeping all day is not an alternative for me in your position. 

What does this mean please?

Archived