IGNORED

Dirty leeds / Patrick Bamford (Merged)

Red Army 75

If he doesn't get a ban equivalent or worse than Bailey Wright you will know for certain the EFL don't deal with clubs equally. And if he does wait for all the Leeds fans to go into meltdown about their treatment by the EFL.

I don’t like Leeds but I thought the players were right to play on and score. I think it’s ridiculous that the game has to be stopped every time a player goes down injured . The rules are straightforward. It’s the referee who should decide whether or not the match is stopped because a player is injured. It used to be “play to the whistle” and that’s what Leeds did. 

4 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Sorry bu5 actually feel fo4 Leeds. Kodjia gets injured making a late challenge. Not a head injury so why should Leeds put th3 ball out especially when they need a goal

It's not that they should have put the ball out. It's that they actually motioned like they were going to and then played on. 

Bamford should get a ban too.

1 minute ago, cider-manc said:

It's not that they should have put the ball out. It's that they actually motioned like they were going to and then played on. 

Bamford should get a ban too.

Then more fool Villa for not playing to the whistle. I have no problem with what Leeds did. Perhaps 8n future clubs might stop kick8ng it out all th3 time when half the time a player is not injured

To be honest after the way we got treated at Villa and all of Grealish’s diving I’m glad it happened

1 minute ago, 77 punk said:

ole is right both clubs are vile they both think they have a divine right to everything i personally hope west brom win the play offs

This

2 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Then more fool Villa for not playing to the whistle. I have no problem with what Leeds did. Perhaps 8n future clubs might stop kick8ng it out all th3 time when half the time a player is not injured

To be honest after the way we got treated at Villa and all of Grealish’s diving I’m glad it happened

Your number’s up mate. 

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

Villa literally put the ball out 5 minutes before for an injured Leeds player . But I suppose sportsmanship has gone 

If players stopped hitting the deck every time someone slightly touched them, then this sort of thing would never happen. That way if a player went down, you’d likely know that it’s for a legitimate reason but when the majority of players now hit the deck for the slightest touch, you are less inclined to put the ball out.

Plus, is it not now the referees job to stop play if a player is down ‘injured’? And he clearly felt like there was nothing wrong with Kodjia. Sorry but at times players & clubs bring this sort of thing upon themselves & Villa are one of the worst with Grealish being the main protagonist of all this!

And the fallout from Kodjia hitting the deck like he’d been shot with a bazooka is that you get all the amateur dramatics that ensued.

Something seriously needs to be done with all the feigning of injuries & trying to gain free kicks for virtually no contact.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Villa literally put the ball out 5 minutes before for an injured Leeds player . But I suppose sportsmanship has gone 

Yes the days of sportsmanship ended when players started to go down for no reason expecting the ball to be kicked out. I hate it when City put the ball out for other teams

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

If players stopped hitting the deck every time someone slightly touched them, then this sort of thing would never happen. That way if a player went down, you’d likely know that it’s for a legitimate reason but when the majority of players now hit the deck for the slightest touch, you are less inclined to put the ball out.

Plus, is it not now the referees job to stop play if a player is down ‘injured’? And he clearly felt like there was nothing wrong with Kodjia. Sorry but at times players & clubs bring this sort of thing upon themselves & Villa are one of the worst with Grealish being the main protagonist of all this!

And the fallout from Kodjia hitting the deck like he’d been shot with a bazooka is that you get all the amateur dramatics that ensued.

Something seriously needs to be done with all the feigning of injuries & trying to gain free kicks for virtually no contact.

I wish I could give you a triple “like” for this very sensible post 

Archived