IGNORED

Dirty leeds / Patrick Bamford (Merged)

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I agree, not a head injury and the Ref showed no desire to blow the whistle. It was way up the pitch and plenty of passes before the ball was put in the net.

BUT.

Only minutes before Villa put out the ball when Leeds player was injured. The precedent was set. Leeds accepted that then and should have out of decency done likewise.

As @Olé says, two scummy clubs trying to out do eachother. Dirty cheats the lot of them and I hope Bamford is hung out to dry and booed from start to finish whenever he plays from now on.

Your stance is interesting given you have expressed positive words towards Millwall before. A side with one of the most objectionable fan bases in the country.

Anyway allowing Aston Villa to score? Rare gesture plus of course good PR...excellent PR.

Neither side greatly likeable but made for a very interesting 2nd half.

I think that more free kicks are awarded for fouls on Jack  Grealish than on any other player in the Championship. He probably dives to win free kicks more than any other player too.

He’s undoubtedly a truly highly skilled and talented footballer but I only wish that he’d rely upon his skill and talent rather than being the obnoxious tw-at that he is. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes but would we be offered a walk-in goal? 

Fairly good PR for Bielsa...I wouldn't have done it though.

The question I would ask. if Leeds still had the opportunity to finish 2nd, would Bielsa allow it then? I don't think so. 

3 minutes ago, Redpool said:

The question I would ask. if Leeds still had the opportunity to finish 2nd, would Bielsa allow it then? I don't think so. 

Good point. I tend to agree.

Still it's incredibly rare- good PR. Did GJ let Palace score in 2009? Henry Winter thought he should've. That was so early in the season that it wouldn't have impacted much.

Indeed GJ did let Plymouth score unopposed in his Yeovil days.

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think that more free kicks are awarded for fouls on Jack  Grealish than on any other player in the Championship. He probably dives to win free kicks more than any other player too.

He’s undoubtedly a truly highly skilled and talented footballer but I only wish that he’d rely upon his skill and talent rather than being the obnoxious tw-at that he is. 

It would be very interesting to see how he would hit the deck if he was ever actually injured during one of these many times he goes down!

I despise him, I would be very interested to see just how many times he has actually been fouled up against all the times he’s actually ‘won’ a free kick or penalty this season. I’m just glad that I don’t have to watch him every week & for someone that is clearly worried about his image, he clearly has no worries about looking like a diving, conning, cheating shithouse of a player & it’s clearly something that has caught on throughout the Villa team & the rest of football.

Football used to be a contact sport, you now see more contact in the NBA, a sport that is supposed to be non contact sport, it’s embarrassing & someone needs to make a stance against this kind of thing.

4 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

Grealish being a diver has to be one of the biggest myths that has happened in championship football. 

The guy gets lumps kicked out of him every game. Yes he is clever, he waits for contact at times but the majority of his ridiculous amounts of free kicks won are genuine fouls. 

**** off pablo , sick of you villa ***** on here , hope you get stuffed in the playoffs, come on wba.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

If players stopped hitting the deck every time someone slightly touched them, then this sort of thing would never happen. That way if a player went down, you’d likely know that it’s for a legitimate reason but when the majority of players now hit the deck for the slightest touch, you are less inclined to put the ball out.

Plus, is it not now the referees job to stop play if a player is down ‘injured’? And he clearly felt like there was nothing wrong with Kodjia. Sorry but at times players & clubs bring this sort of thing upon themselves & Villa are one of the worst with Grealish being the main protagonist of all this!

And the fallout from Kodjia hitting the deck like he’d been shot with a bazooka is that you get all the amateur dramatics that ensued.

Something seriously needs to be done with all the feigning of injuries & trying to gain free kicks for virtually no contact.

He went straight off after so I’m not sure he did feign injury. In theory Leeds has every right to carry on playing however Villa put the ball our a few minutes before for a similar situation and also the player looked like he was going to kick it out so they stopped, then carried on and passed it.

1 minute ago, Pabloavfc said:

Haha. Wow. 

Don't think i've been disrespectful on here. Just sharing an opinion.

Why the **** you on our forum , it’s strange, after mixing with a few of your fans the other week villa are near the top of teams and fans I can’t stick , so far up your own arses it’s unreal 

23 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It would be very interesting to see how he would hit the deck if he was ever actually injured during one of these many times he goes down!

I despise him, I would be very interested to see just how many times he has actually been fouled up against all the times he’s actually ‘won’ a free kick or penalty this season. I’m just glad that I don’t have to watch him every week & for someone that is clearly worried about his image, he clearly has no worries about looking like a diving, conning, cheating shithouse of a player & it’s clearly something that has caught on throughout the Villa team & the rest of football.

Football used to be a contact sport, you now see more contact in the NBA, a sport that is supposed to be non contact sport, it’s embarrassing & someone needs to make a stance against this kind of thing.

Like a few of our lads yesterday? I’m fairly sure brownhill wasn’t touched when he went down holding his head on the touch line yesterday, there was a few other situations too. Nearly all teams and players do it, unfortunately 

Have just seen this on Sky sports. It’s only a short clip, but why did the Villa players stop? The referee seems to wave play on & it’s not a head injury? What happened to playing to the whistle? So when a player goes down now, the game gets stopped? Or am I missing something else the clip doesn’t pick up on? COYR 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Your stance is interesting given you have expressed positive words towards Millwall before. A side with one of the most objectionable fan bases in the country.

Anyway allowing Aston Villa to score? Rare gesture plus of course good PR...excellent PR.

Neither side greatly likeable but made for a very interesting 2nd half.

I’m not aware I am positive in particular towards Millwall. I personally have shared a train with them going to the ground from London Bridge and a couple of blokes tried talking to me ( probably unaware I was City fan) and I didn’t engage with them too much other than a nod and a smile and as few words as I could. They seemed ok but I didn’t want to risk it, I would trust them about as far as I could throw them if things turned nasty. That’s why I said I was travelling on CATS as it’s a night match and at the time of booking we could have got into the playoffs and them relegated, no sane person would want to be caught in that crossfire.

As for PR. Maybe Leeds could do with some after Spygate and already being booked himself. Maybe he thought Bamford hadn’t been hit in the face as claimed, would have been so much negative press if the goal hadn’t been allowed to be walked in though. Personally I think it sets a dangerous precedent. Jansson didn’t seem to be in agreement with his manager either which can’t be a good thing.

51 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

Grealish being a diver has to be one of the biggest myths that has happened in championship football. 

The guy gets lumps kicked out of him every game. Yes he is clever, he waits for contact at times but the majority of his ridiculous amounts of free kicks won are genuine fouls. 

Welcome here again, Pablo. There are some members of this forum who would be surprised at a visit from the supporter of a club which played a different opposition only a couple of hours earlier; they would probably expect you to be discussing the events of a most controversial match with fellow supporters of your own team rather than choosing to visit a lower-placed rival's forum. I'm not surprised because if I had to regularly exchange views with a bunch of condescending cockwombles, then I too would look for an alternative. ;)

Truly, only a Villa fan would state "Grealish being a diver has to be one of the biggest myths that has happened in championship football" because the rest of us see him for the very talented, diving little shithouse that he is. Goodness knows how your team will cope once he's moved on. You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Pabloavfc said:

100% this. 

Teams don't have to kick the ball out but its a scumbag move to pretend like you will only to thread the ball to an open man. 

The fact leeds let us score and the goalscorer apologised to Dean Smith after the game speaks volumes. 

Disgusting behaviour from Bamford.

interested to know your opinion on your players behavior the other week when he dived to get a penalty against us?

EFL have apologized for their refs performance

Disgusting behavior from your player

I'm not even gonna pretend like I'm not bitter about it.  I just cant wait to watch you self entitled cu*ts bottle the play offs

6 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

The rest of who? It just seems a few set of fans who have decided he is a diving cheat. If he is he must be one the greatest cheats in the history of the sport when you see how many times he has been fouled this season. 

He’s a fantastic player undoubtedly, but he does dive , goes to ground very easily, wish he’d pull his socks up properly as well.

1 hour ago, Pabloavfc said:

So every time he falls over on tv is because he’s been lumped? The most contact he has received this season was from that Birmingham supporter, the guy is embarrassing to say the least!

3 hours ago, 77 punk said:

ole is right both clubs are vile they both think they have a divine right to everything i personally hope west brom win the play offs

Agree with the first bit, but my hope one of them goes up. Far prefer a trip to watch us playing WBA or Derby next season than either Villa or Leeds.

59 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackGrealish1/status/1122513105014206464

Have a look at his ankle in this challenge. 

Now was this an actual foul or has the Leeds player won the ball & it’s just one of things that happen in a contact sport?

And it’s such a rare occurrence for him to actually take proper contact, he has to highlight the fact on social media, how many other times has a picture shown him being actually fouled? Not many I’d suggest because him being touched on the shoulder shouldn’t be considered a foul.

Archived