IGNORED

Dirty leeds / Patrick Bamford (Merged)

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

I refer you back to the picture i linked to earlier. Look at his ankle bent underneath the defenders leg. 

It's a tackle. It happens.  Defender isn't doing anything untoward. Doesn't stop the fact that Grealish is a diving whinging and whining little tit. Great player at this level mind of that there's no doubt. Just a shame he's such a nause.  

24 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

The rest of who? It just seems a few set of fans who have decided he is a diving cheat. If he is he must be one the greatest cheats in the history of the sport when you see how many times he has been fouled this season. 

Well there's me ... and everyone else who doesn't support Villa.

9 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

I refer you back to the picture i linked to earlier. Look at his ankle bent underneath the defenders leg. 

But that is standard for a game of football, it’s a contact support, I’d assume it wasn’t classed as a foul because otherwise he would of been wanting a surgeon on the pitch to operate on his badly torn off leg.

There is a difference between a foul & Jack Grealish being fouled, the two things are a million miles apart.

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Mind you, there is precedent for a ban for Bamford, following Dwight Gayle's 2-game suspension for the 'successful deception of a match official' https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47245351.

There's another precedent, Bailey Wright. However, evidently the punishment depends on the importance of the club involved, rather than the offence, so Bamford will no doubt get a 1 game ban at most.

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

If players stopped hitting the deck every time someone slightly touched them, then this sort of thing would never happen. That way if a player went down, you’d likely know that it’s for a legitimate reason but when the majority of players now hit the deck for the slightest touch, you are less inclined to put the ball out.

Plus, is it not now the referees job to stop play if a player is down ‘injured’? And he clearly felt like there was nothing wrong with Kodjia. Sorry but at times players & clubs bring this sort of thing upon themselves & Villa are one of the worst with Grealish being the main protagonist of all this!

And the fallout from Kodjia hitting the deck like he’d been shot with a bazooka is that you get all the amateur dramatics that ensued.

Something seriously needs to be done with all the feigning of injuries & trying to gain free kicks for virtually no contact.

Spot on mate, and this highlights the BIG problems the officials have nowadays, the game is full of cheats who dive and feign injuries. A referee has to try and decipher whose injured and whose cheating, it’s very difficult for him whilst on the pitch to see these things, simply because these players are now experts at feigning injury. 

Then we get the commentators who will tell us after watching 5 replays that the referee was wrong to give/not give the decision, which in turn leads to people having a go at the referee. Gary Neville is a classic one, he loves to set an agenda on a referee after he has seen the fifth replay from a complete different angle than the referee had in his one look. 

Ive said it on here before, it all comes back to the coaches and managers, they could stop their players cheating and feigning injury tomorrow, but it’s clear they won’t take responsibility and do it, they are more than happy to make life as difficult as possible for the officials, after all, it’s someone else that can be blamed rather than themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

Paul Robinson, the pundit for leeds, felt it could have been a red. The defender knew what he was doing. 

It does happen. A lot to Jack, hence the most fouled player in the country

At the off chance of sounding old, he really is a pampered player, dangling your leg or stopping in front of an opposing player while they are trying to get the ball doesn't result in the majority of players hitting the deck like they’ve just been shot but it does with Jack Grealish & it’s embarrassing to watch & it’s players like him that has meant that even more players are now trying to earn their team the same sort of free kicks.

Sorry but if he stayed on his feet instead of falling over every time he is touched, he would get a bit more respect from people but it’s his play acting that people despise about him.

29 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

I thought it was an incredibly soft penalty and would be furious had it gone against us. Said it at the time. 

But Hourihane did dive against us! Did we expect your team to step aside and right the wrong? Did Dean Smith suggest it? 

You take it thanks very much because it happens in your favour yet when it goes against you  it's heresy. The biggest and loudest protester today was Hourihane. Hypocritical or what?

For this same reason you see Grealish being fouled whereas those of us who watch impartially (as I did today because I really couldn't decide whether I despise Villa or Leeds most) see a guy who throws himself into opponents then falls down.

On a slightly related note....

In our game yesterday, we were in an attacking position in the last third of the pitch, in behind a number of the Derby players, when the referee halted the game due to Famara’s injury.

An uncontested drop ball followed, with all the Derby players back in position, and the ball was kicked back into our own half (either to the keeper or defence, can’t remember which). So our numerical and positional advantage was lost.

How is that fair? Any suggestions how better to deal with this scenario? Surely at the very least the opposition should put the ball out for a throw roughly where the play was halted?

Feels like there should be a better solution.

15 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

I get why you would be annoyed so would i. 

I think there is a difference between a ref making the wrong decision and what leeds did today. 

You watch impartially because you despise us? Doesn't sound like you did watch it impartially then.

I was able watch impartially because, as I said, I despise Villa and Leeds equally but hey, a Villa supporter wanting special treatment is nothing new.

Regarding the tackle by Cooper today, I was amazed yet not surprised that a foul was awarded let alone a yellow card. Cooper won the ball and it was his momentum which bought his trailing leg I to contact with Grealish. It was a perfectly good tackle which we see all too infrequently because of the reaction of players such as Grealish. They are causing change for the worse to the world's best contact sport.

10 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

I think there is a difference between a ref making the wrong decision and what leeds did today. 

You watch impartially because you despise us? Doesn't sound like you did watch it impartially then.

Of course he’s impartial, he hates Leeds & Villa in equal measure, why is that so difficult to understand? 

56 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

I'm sure we aren't the only club to ever have a player go down easily in the box. City have never won a soft pen?

Just a few weeks earlier but that’s conveniently forgotten. Ignore the abuse, can’t see you’ve posted anything that warrants it tbh

36 minutes ago, italian dave said:

There's another precedent, Bailey Wright. However, evidently the punishment depends on the importance of the club involved, rather than the offence, so Bamford will no doubt get a 1 game ban at most.

I was hoping to forget about the Bailey Wright incident, ID ?, but due to the significance of the match in terms of League placings, Bamford's actions, in an already incendiary situation deserve a 3-match minimum ban.

The highlights bare this out, https://www.skysports.com/football/leeds-vs-a-villa/393074 and El-Ghazi's red card should be easily rescinded.

8 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

Well yes. But still despising one club doesn't exactly make your opinion on their players impartial. 

Still not sure what we have done to be despised. Only club i despise is birmingham.

I apologise for the comments of some of our posters, @Pabloavfc. You've been very civil and I wish your club the best of luck in the play-offs.

Just seen it for the first time, Villa players at fault really for focusing their attention on the ref to get the play to stop/not playing until the whistle, something you're told to do at primary school level when you play sport, don't switch off and Leeds don't score there. Not a head injury and the ref has deemed it okay to play on, until the ref stops the game you play.

7 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

Paul Robinson, who isn't that impartial due to his leeds background, felt the tackle could have been a red card. I'll take his opinion as a biased leeds pundit that someone who despises both clubs. 

Then maybe you should post on his form? By the way he’s a goalkeeper not renowned for his tackling knowledge and ability. The  match summariser said that he thought it was maybe a foul. 

Out of interest, just why are you on this forum straight after one of your games rather than on one of your own? Serious question. 

52 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

To be fair Pablo, if you were playing against Grealish, you would kick him up in the air wouldn't you? Be honest, you'd batter him. 

Can’t stand either club and the whole incident was a complete farce, was never a free-kick on Kodjia, then for Villa players to stop playing was a joke, forget they put the ball out earlier for a Leeds player to get treatment, it’s up to the Ref to stop play no-one else even then that’s only meant to be for head injuries, Leeds had every right to carry on and score regardless. No doubt Bielsa will come out of this smelling of roses, with Sky Sports waxing lyrical for weeks, yet would he of done it had he not had his mate caught spying? I think not. To let Villa score was laughable, basically sticking two fingers up at the rules. IMO The only one coming out of this whole thing is Pontus Janssen, yet even his own team mates were having a pop at him!

33 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I was hoping to forget about the Bailey Wright incident, ID ?, but due to the significance of the match in terms of League placings, Bamford's actions, in an already incendiary situation deserve a 3-match minimum ban.

The highlights bare this out, https://www.skysports.com/football/leeds-vs-a-villa/393074 and El-Ghazi's red card should be easily rescinded.

I’ll bet you £10 that Bamford doesn’t get a ban?

1 hour ago, Pabloavfc said:

I'm sure we aren't the only club to ever have a player go down easily in the box. City have never won a soft pen?

I can honestly say I have never witnessed a Bristol City player cheat in the 50+ years I’ve been watching the club. (I have amazing eyesight as I’ve just seen some pigs flying past the window)

10 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I apologise for the comments of some of our posters, @Pabloavfc. You've been very civil and I wish your club the best of luck in the play-offs.

Agree with this, apart from the bit about the playoffs. ?  As I recall this poster was a mature and sensible intervention when his fellow Villa fan on here was behaving like an imbecile two weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just seen it for the first time, Villa players at fault really for focusing their attention on the ref to get the play to stop/not playing until the whistle

I think the problem if you watched the game in full, was Villa put the ball out for Leeds about 10 minutes earlier, so I imagine in their heads they felt they were in credit and owed that same gesture from Leeds, and utterly expected them to reciprocate.

In the big picture both teams are hardly in a position to be self righteous and as we all know, their arrogance and rudeness makes it hard to find sympathy, but in that particular episode, Bamford and Jansson included, Leeds were next level shithousers.

And yet weirdly the story the media will write is how sporting Biesla is, never mind what his team was up to! I did laugh at Dean Smith taking credit afterwards "I said to Biesla let us walk it in and he said yes". DNHOTYA. Perhaps that was via his interpreter?

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

I think the problem if you watched the game in full, was Villa put the ball out for Leeds about 10 minutes earlier, so I imagine in their heads they felt they were in credit and owed that same gesture from Leeds, and utterly expected them to reciprocate.

In professional sport you should never expect anything, someone out there will always do whatever it takes given how much money is on the line. Naive to think they would.

1 hour ago, Pabloavfc said:

I'm not a fan of diving. I used to shake my head all the time when Ashley Young did it. But I genuinely don't agree with it of Jack. I've seen him kicked on a regular basis. I don't think every foul is a hard terrible challenge but likewise I don't think he throws himself around. 

And what ever you think of him he has never done anything like Bamford did today

Grealish isn’t ‘diving’ in the style that became popular when Klinsmann came to the Premier League but he does throw himself to the floor far too easily & I get that most of the time a player doesn’t get a free kick or penalty unless they hit the floor but every time he gets touched, no matter where that touch is (on his person).

And granted he’s not the only one but it is more notable with him, maybe that’s because of the media love in with Villa, so it is seen more. It is something that has become more obvious within the game this season, along with the breaking up of play foul.

Hopefully the ‘powers that be’ will clamp down on it for next season along with the WWE style defending at free kicks & corners because in my opinion it is spoiling the game massively. 

And see, now surely Villa are missing a trick here, stick Grealish in the area for free kicks & corners & they would get up to 10 penalties per game & Grealish will still walk off without a mark on him or a hair out of place.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Just seen it for the first time, Villa players at fault really for focusing their attention on the ref to get the play to stop/not playing until the whistle, something you're told to do at primary school level when you play sport, don't switch off and Leeds don't score there. Not a head injury and the ref has deemed it okay to play on, until the ref stops the game you play.

Usually you’d be right. But as soon as the Leeds player slows down and suggests he is about to kick it out, it becomes deception and was totally wrong. 

It was right of Bielsa to allow a walk-in. Question is - would he have done it had automatic promotion still been riding on it? I highly doubt it. 

54 minutes ago, Pabloavfc said:

Oh i can completely see why opposition fans dislike him. I just disagree that he is a diving cheat. 

Whilst I have absolutely no love for Villa and their (mostly) arrogant fans, I have to say that I am in agreement with our visiting friend Pablo on this one. 

I actually really admire Grealish, I think he’s a wonderfully gifted footballer and I’d love to see him perform at the top level and maybe even get an England call up. 

Yes, he wins the most free kicks in the league because he gets fouled the most. It really is that simple. 

Does he sometimes make the most of it - yes, undoubtedly. But does he ‘dive’ per se - I am saying no. He gets kicked a lot. He goes down, but he doesn’t do loads of rolling around, feigning injury - he tends to get back up and get on with it. I admire him. His style of play encourages contact from the opposition and he is often too quick in his feet for the defender who ends up making contact. It’s a great skill he has, really quick body shuffle / movement. He’s not a diver. 

There are some serial divers out there - Grealish is not one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whilst I have absolutely no love for Villa and their (mostly) arrogant fans, I have to say that I am in agreement with our visiting friend Pablo on this one. 

I actually really admire Grealish, I think he’s a wonderfully gifted footballer and I’d love to see him perform at the top level and maybe even get an England call up. 

Yes, he wins the most free kicks in the league because he gets fouled the most. It really is that simple. 

Does he sometimes make the most of it - yes, undoubtedly. But does he ‘dive’ per se - I am saying no. He gets kicked a lot. He goes down, but he doesn’t do loads of rolling around, feigning injury - he tends to get back up and get on with it. I admire him. His style of play encourages contact from the opposition and he is often too quick in his feet for the defender who ends up making contact. It’s a great skill he has, really quick body shuffle / movement. He’s not a diver. 

There are some serial divers out there - Grealish is not one of them. 

Agreed...people don't like Grealish, because he's a complete cock womble as a person imo.

Archived