IGNORED

Dirty leeds / Patrick Bamford (Merged)

Red Army 75

If I remember correctly PNE did this to us at home this season. Near the end of the game one of there players went down injured, they ran to the corner with the ball stopped pointed at player on floor and I think Kelly stopped. The player nutmegged him and nearly scored, I remember I was fuming for thought that was very sneaky to stop, point and play on.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m not aware I am positive in particular towards Millwall. I personally have shared a train with them going to the ground from London Bridge and a couple of blokes tried talking to me ( probably unaware I was City fan) and I didn’t engage with them too much other than a nod and a smile and as few words as I could. They seemed ok but I didn’t want to risk it, I would trust them about as far as I could throw them if things turned nasty. That’s why I said I was travelling on CATS as it’s a night match and at the time of booking we could have got into the playoffs and them relegated, no sane person would want to be caught in that crossfire.

As for PR. Maybe Leeds could do with some after Spygate and already being booked himself. Maybe he thought Bamford hadn’t been hit in the face as claimed, would have been so much negative press if the goal hadn’t been allowed to be walked in though. Personally I think it sets a dangerous precedent. Jansson didn’t seem to be in agreement with his manager either which can’t be a good thing.

Maybe I got it wrong then. Maybe I misremembered, apologies for that bit of the post.

Agreed- thought about it and definitely wouldn't go amiss given Spygate. Football is full of double standards though but that's not for this thread.

Attwell lost control, unsurprisingly- because it is Attwell! Heard some Leeds fans talking about it on the train and they sounded pretty harsh on Bamford. Hourihane may have whacked someone though so a just outcome would seem to be El Ghazi overturned, ban for Bamford and ban for Hourihane if it's proven.

Walking it in, I guess- well deception yes but the goal for Leeda should have maybe been disallowed if anything? Disallowed goal means no walk in...but no great talking point on boards like this. ?

Hopefully BS's lawyers should be all over this. That is Leeds being ordered by their manager to concede a goal.  We have a huge interest in fighting for a playoff place on a sporting and even playing field.

This is truly disgraceful.  How low can higher leagues in professional football fall?

Are there no sporting standards left?  Leeds need to be deducted points + substantial fine for grossly unsporting behaviour.  Will they? I doubt it.

But we must challenge it and quickly

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

the goal for Leeda should have maybe been disallowed if anything? Disallowed goal means no walk in...but no great talking point on boards like this. ?

Initially I thought the Leeds player was offside and if the linesman had any brains at all he such have raised his flag, problem solved!

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Hopefully BS's lawyers should be all over this. That is Leeds being ordered by their manager to concede a goal.  We have a huge interest in fighting for a playoff place on a sporting and even playing field.

This is truly disgraceful.  How low can higher leagues in professional football fall?

Are there no sporting standards left?  Leeds need to be deducted points + substantial fine for grossly unsporting behaviour.  Will they? I doubt it.

But we must challenge it and quickly

What would you have done- assume you're whooshing us all.

Or me, as I'm having a nibble. ?

I don't see what relevance this has to us tbh...Leeds miles ahead of us, Aston Villa safely ensconced in 5th. 

Our own Gary Johnson let Plymouth score at Yeovil in 2004, can't remember why but was a Carling Cup game and he did!

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

But the point is, the players invariably aren’t injured. 

An unwritten rule isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. Leave decisions to the referee. 

You are alluding to something I am not concerned with, feigning injury, the issue here was that Kodjia was injured and the ball was not put out so a player could receive medical treatment. Yes I know the ref has the ultimate decision as to blow up, if a head injury primarily, but players adhere to a code of conduct that actually comes under a sporting heading, and that the ball is kicked into touch. In this day of cheating I would want that to continue, wouldn't you? 

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What would you have done- assume you're whooshing us all.

Or me, as I'm having a nibble. ?

I don't see what relevance this has to us tbh...Leeds miles ahead of us, Aston Villa safely ensconced in 5th. 

Our own Gary Johnson let Plymouth score at Yeovil in 2004, can't remember why but was a Carling Cup game and he did!

the Gary Johnson incident was on sky tonight.  Lee took a kick back to the keeper and scored, when he should have been returning possession, leading to the walk in goal,  Yeovil ended up winning 3-2 and Lee got a hat trick...….

@Pabloavfc, it's a shame you've been given abuse on here tonight, you've been reasonable since you signed up.

R.e. Grealish, agree and disagree.

He dives a fair bit in the (limited) times I've seen him. He also initiates contact with the defender to make it appear he's been fouled. BUT he does also get clattered into a fair bit, likely due to the fact he's one of the best attacking players in the division.

He doesn't help himself in how he is perceived by opposition fans (not that he's likely to care what they think) by the fact he does exaggerate contact quite often.

Just my thoughts.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

You are alluding to something I am not concerned with, feigning injury, the issue here was that Kodjia was injured and the ball was not put out so a player could receive medical treatment. Yes I know the ref has the ultimate decision as to blow up, if a head injury primarily, but players adhere to a code of conduct that actually comes under a sporting heading, and that the ball is kicked into touch. In this day of cheating I would want that to continue, wouldn't you? 

Nope. I want control to be left in the sole responsibility of the referee. There should be no more "you've got to be nice to us because we were nice to you" crap. 

10 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Then more fool Villa for not playing to the whistle. I have no problem with what Leeds did. Perhaps 8n future clubs might stop kick8ng it out all th3 time when half the time a player is not injured

To be honest after the way we got treated at Villa and all of Grealish’s diving I’m glad it happened

I 4m a5 w8ll.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Unless it’s a head injury the game should be allowed to carry on as in it did today, otherwise teams would be forever kicking the ball out with all those feigning injury to waste abit of time, hence why this ‘rule’ was brought in, Leeds imo we’re well within their rights to play on they did nothing wrong until, with the exception of Janssen to let Villa score, Villa know the laws of the game so why on earth they just stopped I’ll never know. 

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Unless it’s a head injury the game should be allowed to carry on as in it did today, otherwise teams would be forever kicking the ball out with all those feigning injury to waste abit of time, hence why this ‘rule’ was brought in, Leeds imo we’re well within their rights to play on they did nothing wrong until, with the exception of Janssen to let Villa score, Villa know the laws of the game so why on earth they just stopped I’ll never know. 

There was an instance in the Man U Chelsea game last night where a player went down and the ref had a look, and waved play on, but the opposition stopped anyway and kicked it out . They then ,obviously got the ball back from the throw. So it wont matter what the directive is , the players will still make the rule  themselves .

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

@Pabloavfc, it's a shame you've been given abuse on here tonight, you've been reasonable since you signed up.

R.e. Grealish, agree and disagree.

He dives a fair bit in the (limited) times I've seen him. He also initiates contact with the defender to make it appear he's been fouled. BUT he does also get clattered into a fair bit, likely due to the fact he's one of the best attacking players in the division.

He doesn't help himself in how he is perceived by opposition fans (not that he's likely to care what they think) by the fact he does exaggerate contact quite often.

Just my thoughts.

That’s how I see him too. No doubt he is a really good player but he tends to draw the foul, looking for advantages when perhaps he has to skills to just just play the ball anyway.

That’s why opposition fans don’t like him @Pabloavfche gets a win-win by gaining free kicks and often gets the opposing player booked or sent off too. He is good at what he does but takes the Dark Arts to another level. If he is your player I guess you call him clever, but playing against him and his tactics leaves a sour taste and taints the game. As I said he’s good enough to just waltz around players but has worked a way to snuff out the opposition too. 

don't think this story is all that it seems

1st off when the ville player put the ball out, he was in an attacking position, did not do it straight away but did when he had a leeds player in front of him and retaining possession was the best option. When Kodja went down, leeds were in defence, it was Kodja foul that caused the injury and  ville still had all the players behind the ball  who were pointing to put it out, but leeds were right  to carry on. 

It was then clever management from the leeds manager, they can not get 2nd without SU losing the last game and leeds winning by 11 goals, so to give the goal back was nothing, the game was a dead rubber, but what it did do was take the heat back out of the game where it would of ended with more players injured or dismissed. He would not have been so charitable had the win took them into 2nd.

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

don't think this story is all that it seems

1st off when the ville player put the ball out, he was in an attacking position, did not do it straight away but did when he had a leeds player in front of him and retaining possession was the best option. When Kodja went down, leeds were in defence, it was Kodja foul that caused the injury and  ville still had all the players behind the ball  who were pointing to put it out, but leeds were right  to carry on. 

It was then clever management from the leeds manager, they can not get 2nd without SU losing the last game and leeds winning by 11 goals, so to give the goal back was nothing, the game was a dead rubber, but what it did do was take the heat back out of the game where it would of ended with more players injured or dismissed. He would not have been so charitable had the win took them into 2nd.

I agree with this.

As I understand it, the referee didn't stop the game and there's no rule, head injury apart, to say that Leeds did anything wrong. While Bielsa was seen to have done 'the right thing', there's no rule about kicking the ball out and we know Kodjia can feign injury with the best of them.

Would Bielsa have done the same thing if it mattered? I've no idea but Leeds did nothing against the rules as far as I can see.

Bamford's actions, on the other hand, are a total disgrace and he should be getting a call from the EFL at some point telling him his season's over IMHO. Bet he doesn't though.

The red card HAS to be rescinded. 

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I agree with this.

As I understand it, the referee didn't stop the game and there's no rule, head injury apart, to say that Leeds did anything wrong. While Bielsa was seen to have done 'the right thing', there's no rule about kicking the ball out and we know Kodjia can feign injury with the best of them.

Would Bielsa have done the same thing if it mattered? I've no idea but Leeds did nothing against the rules as far as I can see.

Bamford's actions, on the other hand, are a total disgrace and he should be getting a call from the EFL at some point telling him his season's over IMHO. Bet he doesn't though.

The red card HAS to be rescinded. 

If Bailey Wright got a two game ban . Bamford should get at least that. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this 

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I’d go further , it’s up to the officials to deal with ‘ injuries ‘ and players going down trying to gain an advantage.

Play to the whistle, if a player puts the ball out of his own accord the ref should have the option of giving him a yellow card , for time wasting for example and insisting that the opposition take the resulting throw in as a normal attacking throw in and not meekly giving it back to their opponents.

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I agree, to a certain extent, however yesterday Villa kicked the ball out so a Leeds player could receive treatment before the Kodjia injury, however typically Leeds did not. This is the reason it all kicked off.  

16 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Can’t stand either club and the whole incident was a complete farce, was never a free-kick on Kodjia, then for Villa players to stop playing was a joke, forget they put the ball out earlier for a Leeds player to get treatment, it’s up to the Ref to stop play no-one else even then that’s only meant to be for head injuries, Leeds had every right to carry on and score regardless. No doubt Bielsa will come out of this smelling of roses, with Sky Sports waxing lyrical for weeks, yet would he of done it had he not had his mate caught spying? I think not. To let Villa score was laughable, basically sticking two fingers up at the rules. IMO The only one coming out of this whole thing is Pontus Janssen, yet even his own team mates were having a pop at him!

Couldn’t agree more. You play to the whistle. The whole episode after Leeds scored was quite pathetic.

Archived