IGNORED

Dirty leeds / Patrick Bamford (Merged)

Red Army 75

2 game ban and should've been more.

In the interests of balance, I assumed it'd be ban for Bamford, El Ghazi overturned and ban of some sort for Hourihane. 2 of those have happened but the 3rd- ref didn't see it.

D5lBvL4WsAAN-wC.jpg:large

Make your own mind up. Sure the contact looks very light but you raise your hands etc.

Leeds' statement is laughable:

Club responds to Patrick Bamford two-match ban

Whilst Patrick Bamford did not deny the charge of successful deception of a match official following our Sky Bet Championship game against Aston Villa on Sunday, the club did request a hearing to contest the penalty imposed on the player.

The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction.

We acknowledge that the FA panel did not feel that to be reasonable and the club therefore joins Patrick in accepting the two-match ban.

Bamford will miss our final game of the 2018/19 campaign away to Ipswich Town as well as the first leg of our Play-Off semi-final.

3 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Leeds' statement is laughable:

Club responds to Patrick Bamford two-match ban

Whilst Patrick Bamford did not deny the charge of successful deception of a match official following our Sky Bet Championship game against Aston Villa on Sunday, the club did request a hearing to contest the penalty imposed on the player.

The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction.

We acknowledge that the FA panel did not feel that to be reasonable and the club therefore joins Patrick in accepting the two-match ban.

Bamford will miss our final game of the 2018/19 campaign away to Ipswich Town as well as the first leg of our Play-Off semi-final.

Ridiculous. Like trying to reduce your sentence for murdering your neighbour because your Dad phoned for the ambulance.

1 hour ago, bissellredhead said:

?

They know exactly what they're doing, that statement is for their own fans, so they can develop their persecution complex still further and blame everything on the EFL, ignorant of the fact several other clubs have had this punishment well before them.

Of course it's a completely ridiculous and nauseating argument in the statement, but Leeds are an ITV4 version of Liverpool, i.e. low budget repeat of the same arrogance and victimhood (see: Leeds socks in the home end), desperate for special treatment.

A club that seems to be going out of its way to get more cringeworthy, the longer it spends in the Championship.

Until they give these embarrassing, cheating shithouses the punishment it deserves then they’ll keep on doing it. Ridiculous statement from Leeds aswell, instead of condoning such cvntish behaviour they are basically saying ‘well we gave them a goal so, maybe they’ll  forget Bamford was shot by Steve The Sniper in the stand, cos we was nice to Villa’

Fvck Off

Leeds really don't give a damn. Sensible discussion?

"The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction."

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Until they give these embarrassing, cheating shithouses the punishment it deserves then they’ll keep on doing it. Ridiculous statement from Leeds aswell, instead of condoning such cvntish behaviour they are basically saying ‘well we gave them a goal so, maybe they’ll  forget Bamford was shot by Steve The Sniper in the stand, cos we was nice to Villa’

Fvck Off

Out of interest what's your view on Hourihane raising hands in the first instance- got off Scot free!

Same Hourihane who cheated us at Villa Park- they should rename him T- for Teflon- Hourihane. 

Leeds PR-wise should've taken Bamford ban on the chin and made more of Hourihane IMO. The walk-in goal though half decent was irrelevant to the disciplinary.

Once again the football authorities have shown that they have no interest in tackling ‘simulation’, otherwise known as cheating. They need to make an example of someone from a ‘supposed’ big club so that they can be considered serious. Bamford should have received at least a 4 game ban which would have deprived Leeds of his services for the remainder of the season, including the play off final should they get there. 

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Once again the football authorities have shown that they have no interest in tackling ‘simulation’, otherwise known as cheating. They need to make an example of someone from a ‘supposed’ big club so that they can be considered serious. Bamford should have received at least a 4 game ban which would have deprived Leeds of his services for the remainder of the season, including the play off final should they get there. 

Problem being the precedent has been set for simulation, every player who has been charged same as Bamford received a 2 game ban. I agree it needs reviewing how long a player gets though for blatant cheating.

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Problem being the precedent has been set for simulation, every player who has been charged same as Bamford received a 2 game ban. I agree it needs reviewing how long a player gets though for blatant cheating.

Wright’s was totally different to Bamford’s.  He was bull-dozed into unexpected.  No wonder he was knocked to ground.  Nobody will change my view that Wright was appallingly treated.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Wright’s was totally different to Bamford’s.  He was bull-dozed into unexpected.  No wonder he was knocked to ground.  Nobody will change my view that Wright was appallingly treated.

Oh no doubt, just it was classified as the same in why he received the ban

Its just typical dirty leeds. Its not sporting its just plain gamesmanship and like Villa they find ways to get away with it.

Its little wonder other football fans despise them. I hope they both miss out on promotion.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Out of interest what's your view on Hourihane raising hands in the first instance- got off Scot free!

Same Hourihane who cheated us at Villa Park- they should rename him T- for Teflon- Hourihane. 

Leeds PR-wise should've taken Bamford ban on the chin and made more of Hourihane IMO. The walk-in goal though half decent was irrelevant to the disciplinary.

Tbh I haven’t seen that incident but he so say punched someone, and the FA deemed it not violent conduct? If true then that’s just as bad from the powers that be, been a lot of conspiracy theories thrown about lately about favouring all the ‘big’ clubs in this league and imo I really think they do.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Tbh I haven’t seen that incident but he so say punched someone, and the FA deemed it not violent conduct? If true then that’s just as bad from the powers that be, been a lot of conspiracy theories thrown about lately about favouring all the ‘big’ clubs in this league and imo I really think they do.

That last bit I undoubtedly agree on- we've had some disgraceful decisions go against us in recent weeks- but actually thinking back from the Wright ban onwards...we've got a lot more go against than for! Wright ban- but especially this season! Diedhiou 6 games set the tone, then it was arguably Brownhill 2 yellows at Leeds- although these things can happen, there was a much stronger case for Tettey 2nd yellow a few weeks later at AG! Then Weimann 4 disallowed goals, Pisano one- not saying all the Weimann goals were howlers but 2 if not 3 were wrong IMO. That penalty that Teflon won v us against Aston Villa and then last but not least the Semenyo red!

Punch and violent conduct- greyer area, I mean I saw a link to it somewhere, will try to find. Raise your hands and you're in trouble- he raised his hands so...

D5lBvL4WsAAN-wC.jpg

Draw your own conclusions- camera doesn't lie but at same time video footage would be even better.

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That last bit I undoubtedly agree on- we've had some disgraceful decisions go against us in recent weeks- but actually thinking back from the Wright ban onwards...we've got a lot more go against than for! Wright ban- but especially this season! Diedhiou 6 games set the tone, then it was arguably Brownhill 2 yellows at Leeds- although these things can happen, there was a much stronger case for Tettey 2nd yellow a few weeks later at AG! Then Weimann 4 disallowed goals, Pisano one- not saying all the Weimann goals were howlers but 2 if not 3 were wrong IMO. That penalty that Teflon won v us against Aston Villa and then last but not least the Semenyo red!

Punch and violent conduct- greyer area, I mean I saw a link to it somewhere, will try to find. Raise your hands and you're in trouble- he raised his hands so...

D5lBvL4WsAAN-wC.jpg

Draw your own conclusions- camera doesn't lie but at same time video footage would be even better.

Isn’t that Grealish? 

12 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Isn’t that Grealish? 

Ah yeah?! 

Weirdly, that was the main pic that came up under Twitter search for Hourihane ban.

That pic looks more like wrestling that football though! Free for all anyway.

Saw this on another search just now- definitely seemed to punch him in the chest but obscured by Grealish. 00:03.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah yeah?! 

Weirdly, that was the main pic that came up under Twitter search for Hourihane ban.

That pic looks more like wrestling that football though! Free for all anyway.

Saw this on another search just now- definitely seemed to punch him in the chest but obscured by Grealish.

Your right he def does have a sly little pop at him, so the pic of Grealish is a separate incident it seems.

On 30/04/2019 at 16:54, TBW said:

Apparently he's been shit anyway and some Leeds fans had hoped he'd get banned for longer.

I dont know of one Leeds fan who says hes bren shit, quite the opposite in fact.

If we fail to go up then I'd personally like to see Leeds promoted. Its a brilliant city to live in, a club with deep history ,  and passionate, proud fans who support in vast numbers. A few arrogant knobs who give the club that reputation of entitlement, but nowhere the likes of Villa IMHO.

I’ve just found this thread and there are some very interesting comments. I’m a Leeds fan so you can treat me with disdain and assume bias (there probably is some, were all biased in some way when you get right down to it). 

To look at things chronologically: 

Villa put the ball out when a Leeds player was down injured - once their attack broke down. It wasn’t done immediately it was done when they realised they were going nowhere anyway. Important to note that Leeds kept playing until the ball was actually played out. Also, Leeds didn’t ask for the ball to leave the field of play. 

Fast forward a little... Villa striker fouls Leeds defender, potentially hurting himself in the process. Ref makes no decision at all. Ball breaks to Leeds full back and then Leeds forward player, still inside their own half. 20 year old Leeds player being begged to put the ball out of play. Young player hesitates and looks for some direction from the ref, who is jogging towards him and ignoring the player down injured. Leeds player plays the ball forwards. I do not think Roberts intended to deceive here. He didn’t know what was right to do. 

Klich took the ball on from an onside position, though looked a good 3 yards offside from where the sky cameras are mounted, rounded a defender and curled the ball into the bottom corner. Upon doing so, is physically assaulted multiple times. Hourihane had 3 or 4 pops at him, trying to throttle him, walking away, coming back and punching him in a very sly, snide way, being covered by his own cheating and deceitful captain. 

During the resulting melee Bamford RKOs Hourihane, who started all the fighting, and then committed one of the worst acts he’ll ever do on a football pitch. I can’t abide cheating of that nature; that’s the reason I have zero respect for Grealish. He’s a very talented player; regardless of his shit hair and stupid socks and shinnies, but he ruins himself with the constant cheating, playacting and moaning like he’s not allowed to be touched and it should be a non-contact sport. Bamford gets Al Ghazi sent off via deception and this leaves an horrendous taste in the mouth. The forthcoming ban is fully deserved. 

Bielsa, being set upon by those pillars of moral standing Dean Smith and John Terry, agrees with them that the goal was unfair and issues a command to his team to allow the opposition to score. A clean sheet is hard fought and hard won in the championship. Jansson doesn’t like it, I don’t like it either, Jansson lets himself down by not respecting the manager’s decision. A decision that I am convinced Bielsa would make even if automatic promotion still hung in the balance. He wouldn’t have let that cloud his decision. Somehow Terry and Smith are still angry with Bielsa, though it is now difficult to see why and further is difficult to understand what more they would have liked him to do at that time. Smith hasn’t allowed teams to walk the ball in when he’s benefited from multiple clear dives from Ollie Watkins this season, after all. Anyway, back to this game: 

Bamford ban being handed down, having been a complete diving shit *****, 100% right

El Ghazi ban, having legit done nothing at all wrong, being overturned is 100% right

Hourihane starting off all of the aggression, taking sly digs, being a nobhead, gets off Scott-free? All kinds of wrong. 

Atwell and team, however, the REAL cause of all the issues having had zero control of the game and having bowed to every single one of the Villa begs and dives, are free to go and screw up game after game after game. 

In all, I think Villa came out of it much worse than Leeds did, but it’s Leeds that have had the only punishments handed down. As has been mentioned here this allows for more of the ‘us against the world’ thinking that, actually, often does us no favours at all. 

For anyone still reading, get yourself a beer, you deserve it. 

Archived