IGNORED

Dirty leeds / Patrick Bamford (Merged)

Red Army 75

21 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Sorry bu5 actually feel fo4 Leeds. Kodjia gets injured making a late challenge. Not a head injury so why should Leeds put th3 ball out especially when they need a goal

They shouldn't, simple as that.

25 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t like Leeds but I thought the players were right to play on and score. I think it’s ridiculous that the game has to be stopped every time a player goes down injured . The rules are straightforward. It’s the referee who should decide whether or not the match is stopped because a player is injured. It used to be “play to the whistle” and that’s what Leeds did. 

I agree, not a head injury and the Ref showed no desire to blow the whistle. It was way up the pitch and plenty of passes before the ball was put in the net.

BUT.

Only minutes before Villa put out the ball when Leeds player was injured. The precedent was set. Leeds accepted that then and should have out of decency done likewise.

As @Olé says, two scummy clubs trying to out do eachother. Dirty cheats the lot of them and I hope Bamford is hung out to dry and booed from start to finish whenever he plays from now on.

For people who don't have the benefit of watching it, here's the level of shithousing these two shithouses managed in 5 minutes:

• Kodjia tries to foul Cooper only to fall over himself writhing in agony next to a bemused Cooper
  • Leeds draw 3 Villa players to the touchline with a dummy to put it out for a throw in, only to then put Klich in on goal   
  • Klich beats a bemused defender and curls it past the keeper and is immediately surrounded by Villa players 
  • Both sets of shithousing players start brawling
  • Kodjia goes off injured having shithoused himself
  • The posh well behaved one Bamford does that peacemaker intervention secretly trying to strangle players trick
  • El Ghazi lightly pushes Bamford away and Bamford suddenly collapses to the floor clutching his face
  • El Ghazi gets sent off
  • Biesla tells his players to let Villa score, but Jansson isn't done shithousing and tries to kick Adomah up in the air when 18 other players are stood motionless watching 

This was elite shithousing from the two scummiest teams in the division. No surprises whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well in the spirit of the game they should...that's why Leeds let them score, sort of an unwritten law. 

Nonsense. It's not in the spirit of the game at all, it's players taking the law into their own hands.

The referee is there to make decisions, not the players.

The directive from the League is players should NOT kick the ball out.for an opposing player, but leave the decision to the ref.

All managers should make their players aware of this.

9 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well in the spirit of the game they should...that's why Leeds let them score, sort of an unwritten law. 

If they’re following “the spirit of the game”, players shouldn’t  go down feigning injury; goalkeepers, in particular, shouldn't waste time; players should retreat when a free kick has been awarded and so on.

In fact, players do so much which is against the “spirit of the game” that’s its hugely hypocritical to expect them to intentionally put the ball out of play when an opponent is “injured”. 

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Crikey that happened loads yesterday but wouldnt call both teams cheats.

Going to ground when there has been little to no contact is trying to gain a penalty by deceiving the referee.....i.e. cheating

So yes, on the day at that precise moment, villa cheated 

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Going to ground when there has been little to no contact is trying to gain a penalty by deceiving the referee.....i.e. cheating

So yes, on the day at that precise moment, villa cheated 

Every team are cheats then

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If they’re following “the spirit of the game”, players shouldn’t  go down feigning injury; goalkeepers, in particular, shouldn't waste time; players should retreat when a free kick has been awarded and so on.

In fact, players do so much which is against the “spirit of the game” that’s its hugely hypocritical to expect them to intentionally put the ball out of play when an opponent is “injured”. 

That is for the ref to sort out, and the F.A, but as I said there is a unwritten law regarding this sort of incident when a player is injured and the teams take it upon themselves on field without the need for the ref to intervene.  

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nonsense. It's not in the spirit of the game at all, it's players taking the law into their own hands.

The referee is there to make decisions, not the players.

The directive from the League is players should NOT kick the ball out.for an opposing player, but leave the decision to the ref.

All managers should make their players aware of this.

Almost right. The referee is there to apply the laws of the game. As far as I am aware there is no law that requires a team to kick the ball out for an injury to another player. The referee can however decide to stop the game in the event of a potential bad injury, and will invariably do so in the case of a blow to the head. As much as I hate Leeds (with a passion) there was no reason for them to put the ball out of play, unless instructed to by the referee. In boxing a boxer has to defend himself at all times, other than the command of break by the referee. It was for the Villa players to be professional and defend their goal at all times whether a player feigned to kick it out or not. 

As for the aftermath, everyone involved in the unnecessary melee should have been booked, and Bamford should receive a ban for intentionally trying and succeeding to get a player sent off. 

The decision to allow Villa to score is Bielsa’s alone. Sporting perhaps, but will he pay the price of not taking the chance of automatic promotion to the final game of the season. Leeds will probably have to win the play-offs now if he wants to keep his job (if he was looking to stay). 

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

That is for the ref to sort out, and the F.A, but as I said there is a unwritten law regarding this sort of incident when a player is injured and the teams take it upon themselves on field without the need for the ref to intervene.  

But the point is, the players invariably aren’t injured. 

An unwritten rule isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. Leave decisions to the referee. 

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Almost right. The referee is there to apply the laws of the game. As far as I am aware there is no law that requires a team to kick the ball out for an injury to another player. The referee can however decide to stop the game in the event of a potential bad injury, and will invariably do so in the case of a blow to the head. As much as I hate Leeds (with a passion) there was no reason for them to put the ball out of play, unless instructed to by the referee.

In what way was I 'almost right'?

You seem to be agreeing entirely with my post.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

In what way was I 'almost right'?

You seem to be agreeing entirely with my post.

Semantics really but I thought it more accurate to say he applies the laws of the game, rather than just see him in the role of a decision maker. In applying the laws he, and he alone, should be the sole arbiter. In decision making per se he ranks behind the players who make more decisions during a game - whether to pass, shoot etc. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Semantics really but I thought it more accurate to say he applies the laws of the game, rather than just see him in the role of a decision maker. In applying the laws he, and he alone, should be the sole arbiter. In decision making per se he ranks behind the players who make more decisions during a game - whether to pass, shoot etc. 

Fair enough RF. ?

7 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Far too much play acting and feigning injury. I cannot think of another sport where those playing, pretend to be badly hurt, to gain an advantage. In most other sports to react in such a way would be a sign of weakness. Referees need to stop being taken in by it.

It is impossible for referees not to be sometimes taken in. It is for the clubs, managers and players to cease the practice, and for the football authorities to punish hard those who are guilty. 

Archived