IGNORED

Pisano

Olé

4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

He said he’s played is last game at Ashton Gate, enjoyed his time etc...

Thanks. If he posted it himself, I suppose it's more likely he is off but has been told off by the club for sharing news prematurely. Why do professional footballers think they can get away with the fake post / my account was hacked story so frequently!

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Thanks. If he posted it himself, I suppose it's more likely he is off but has been told off by the club for sharing news prematurely. Why do professional footballers think they can get away with the fake post / my account was hacked story so frequently!

Ah, the Russian hacker who has been targeting out of contract substitutes in the Championship strikes again. 

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

Ah, the Russian hacker who has been targeting out of contract substitutes in the Championship strikes again. 

That’s probably the same Russian hacker that is at work any time my son loses on fortnite ? according to him anyway.

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

Which is honestly a bit weird, obviously he’s off or his contract would’ve been renewed by now. Hell, he’s been free to sign a contract elsewhere since Jan. Football is strange sometimes. 

18 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

A shame if true. A better RB than Hunt imo.

I agree. Hunt's had his moments, think he's been my MoM in at least one match this season, but unfortunately you don't know which Hunt will turn up, he's started and now finished the season badly, and he gets exposed in a back 4. Eros is far more consistent if unspectacular, and better defensively. If Pisano does go I wonder if we will recruit again or go with Vyner.

Just now, Olé said:

I agree. Hunt's had his moments, think he's been my MoM in at least one match this season, but unfortunately you don't know which Hunt will turn up, he's started and now finished the season badly, and he gets exposed in a back 4. Eros is far more consistent if unspectacular, and better defensively. If Pisano does go I wonder if we will recruit again or go with Vyner.

I think Pisano knows his limitations and will just aim to defend first. In November - January in our best form Pisano was ever present and his one game at home to Brentford where he scored I felt he was outstanding.

Hunt isn't for me i'm afraid and was our worst signing last Summer. He isn't a bad player dont get me wrong but he isnt that good. He's worse at defending than Pisano, but his crosses into the box are largely quite poor and leads us exposed by going forward when he clearly isnt good at getting forward.

28 minutes ago, WiltshireReds said:

A shame if true. A better RB than Hunt imo.

Unfortunately age is against him. Think of having Pisano at his prime. That is the type of replacement we should be aiming for!

Hunt was third choice at Sheff Weds (according to a Wednesday fan I know), he's okay at a push, but the better players turn him inside out. He has a habit of making bad decisions too, like yesterday when he back heeled the ball under pressure in our defensive third, handing the ball to Derby.

Sad if true but age is against him. For me he has been our best right back this season. Felt Hunt has been poor last month or 2 and surprised Pisano not played more (appreciate some injuries in there). However, hunt looks a tidy footballer, a style that LJ clearly likes, but has not done enough for me for a while now. Pisano played a lot in our best run when our defence was outstanding. 

I like him. I think we are adequate at RB currently and we could avoid recruiting in that area if we so choose. If we could find a right sided Dasilva type, that would be great but if Eros is fit enough for another season with us then i would be happy with him and Hunt for another year.

On a more personal note, i loved that moment posted on social media when he arrived home late after scoring the winner at Blackburn. Painted a beautiful picture, could only ever wish the bloke all the best.

20 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I like him. I think we are adequate at RB currently and we could avoid recruiting in that area if we so choose. If we could find a right sided Dasilva type, that would be great but if Eros is fit enough for another season with us then i would be happy with him and Hunt for another year.

On a more personal note, i loved that moment posted on social media when he arrived home late after scoring the winner at Blackburn. Painted a beautiful picture, could only ever wish the bloke all the best.

Really?! I think it’s our weakest position ok the pitch. We spent money on Jack Hunt so he’s tied down, but he’s not good enough if we want to get promoted.

if we don’t get a better right back in the summer, i’ll be gutted

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Really?! I think it’s our weakest position ok the pitch. We spent money on Jack Hunt so he’s tied down, but he’s not good enough if we want to get promoted.

if we don’t get a better right back in the summer, i’ll be gutted

Agree that it can be improved, but adequate at this level, i.e top half of the table is no bad thing. Always want us to look to improve in every position but RB is not a huge priority for me going into the summer.

I’d take Pisano over Hunt any day of the week. 

Was actually discussing the other day with some mates about the historical Right Back position at BCFC. I’ve been a regular since mid-80’s and I can’t think of a single stand out RB. The LB’s over the same period roll off the tongue, but RB’s - very poor return. 

The best we could think of in the last 30 ish years were :

Orr (was half decent, showed commitment, had to be converted from CM, but was actually lacking (quite severely) in technical ability. 

Carey (did a decent job at RB for a while but was a CB, so rightly played the majority of his games inside). 

Little (did a decent job for a bit but let’s be honest, he often had no idea what he was doing with the ball and just bundled his way forwards and sometimes got lucky). 

Ayling (we mostly played him as a RCB when here and many thought he lacked something defensively when playing at RB). 

We desperately need a bloody good right back. We’ve not had one in my supporting lifetime. 

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d take Pisano over Hunt any day of the week. 

Was actually discussing the other day with some mates about the historical Right Back position at BCFC. I’ve been a regular since mid-80’s and I can’t think of a single stand out RB. The LB’s over the same period roll off the tongue, but RB’s - very poor return. 

The best we could think of in the last 30 ish years were :

Orr (was half decent, showed commitment, had to be converted from CM, but was actually lacking (quite severely) in technical ability. 

Carey (did a decent job at RB for a while but was a CB, so rightly played the majority of his games inside). 

Little (did a decent job for a bit but let’s be honest, he often had no idea what he was doing with the ball and just bundled his way forwards and sometimes got lucky). 

Ayling (we mostly played him as a RCB when here and many thought he lacked something defensively when playing at RB). 

We desperately need a bloody good right back. We’ve not had one in my supporting lifetime. 

When he wasn’t injured, Ribeiro was fantastic. Oh what could’ve been had he not been made of glass. 

4 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

When he wasn’t injured, Ribeiro was fantastic. Oh what could’ve been had he not been made of glass. 

On a very similar note I’d throw in Kevin Amankwaah. Thought he was class then had the car crash and was still good, but the career he could have had was gone. I believe until that point Arsenal were scouting heavily. 

Archived