IGNORED

Pisano

Olé

17 hours ago, Olé said:

I agree. Hunt's had his moments, think he's been my MoM in at least one match this season, but unfortunately you don't know which Hunt will turn up, he's started and now finished the season badly, and he gets exposed in a back 4. Eros is far more consistent if unspectacular, and better defensively. If Pisano does go I wonder if we will recruit again or go with Vyner.

Hunt's clearly better going forward, but if he is playing as a full-back he is forever being caught upfield when opponents break. Not really his fault,  it's the role LJ expects that puts him there.

Pisano can come forward but has much more presence- not to say clout - defending. His problem is he seems on the verge of getting sent off every game. **** knows how long he'd have lasted with thst clown in black on Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hunt's clearly better going forward, but if he is playing as a full-back he is forever being caught upfield when opponents break. Not really his fault,  it's the role LJ expects that puts him there.

Pisano can come forward but has much more presence- not to say clout - defending. His problem is he seems on the verge of getting sent off every game. **** knows how long he'd have lasted with thst clown in black on Saturday. 

Is Hunt better going forward tho??? He might get in good positions, but he rarely does anything when he does get in a good position.

Just now, Riaz said:

Is Hunt better going forward tho??? He might get in good positions, but he rarely does anything when he does get in a good position.

I'm comparing him to Pisano, not to a competent winger.

I think he's put a few very decent crosses in and scored a goal, but he has had  a few awful games recently. Reading for example.

The main problem with those runs though are the way they leave the centre backs exposed. 

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

has the most assists this season doesn't he? 

I don't mind Hunt, wouldn't be the worst thing if he was our main RB next season. 

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

has the most assists this season doesn't he? 

I don't mind Hunt, wouldn't be the worst thing if he was our main RB next season. 

If Jack Hunt was our right back next season i would be gutted. I want us to get promoted.

42 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I think Hunt flatters to deceive. I know he has a decent assist record but for the amount of crosses he puts into the box that would be the minimum I'd be looking for. His crossing recently has been awful and also been defensively poor . RB would be a position that must be high on our list of priorities if we mean to push on again next season.

13 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Bring James Tavenier back. He’s currently at Rangers doing excellent. He’s easily better than Jack Hunt.

I'd love to see Tavenier back here but sadly I feel he would get a Premier League move if someone were to come in for him. Hr's definitely worth a go though. 

41 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Bring James Tavenier back. He’s currently at Rangers doing excellent. He’s easily better than Jack Hunt.

I agree, lord knows why we didn't sign him permanently as he was going for free.. seemed he had a good bond with several if not all the teammates of that season!

18 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Who posted it then?

Dunno. My daughter reckons you can post a tweet then edit it to cut and paste something in its place, this is what someone has done here? I think that’s what she meant when I asked her how it was possible as I didn’t understand it either. 

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

People used to moan about Orr’s crossing. At least he was a beast of a defender 

Very weird thinking of him as a midfielder when he started out. Loved Bradley, we have never really had anyone settled there since.

And I don’t think the answer is Hunt or Pisano.

James - Webster - Kelly - DaSilva

I would be very happy if this was our back line next season (providing Kalas is unobtainable).

Or if we were to go for back 5:

Vyner/James - Webster - Kelly 

Hunt                                                      Da Silva 

Hunt definitely more of a wing back than a full back for me.

On 28/04/2019 at 17:53, WiltshireReds said:

I think Pisano knows his limitations and will just aim to defend first. In November - January in our best form Pisano was ever present and his one game at home to Brentford where he scored I felt he was outstanding.

Hunt isn't for me i'm afraid and was our worst signing last Summer. He isn't a bad player dont get me wrong but he isnt that good. He's worse at defending than Pisano, but his crosses into the box are largely quite poor and leads us exposed by going forward when he clearly isnt good at getting forward.

Thank you for your input Mr Watkins. 

(Actually, it could be a couple of others of our Summer signings who authored this post ... but they’ve had so little impact I can’t remember their names! )

7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Yeah Jack Hunt is a terrible crosser, only got the 5 assists in the league this season.....bloody awful crosser him ?

For the amount of crosses, that is poor.

he gets the ball a hell of a lot in very good positions and you know he’s gonna waste it 

3 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Thank you for your input Mr Watkins. 

(Actually, it could be a couple of others of our Summer signings who authored this post ... but they’ve had so little impact I can’t remember their names! )

Watkins was so bad I forgot about him 

Archived