IGNORED

Pub for tomorrow afternoon

Bubble

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

Word of warning, not much Thatchers to be had around here unless in a 'Spoons. Nearest one to London Bridge is the Crosse Keys in Gracechurch St which again is about 20 mins from London Bridge.

The nearest Spoons to London Bridge..... is the one in London Bridge - The Pommelers Rest on Tower Bridge Road - 10 minute walk from London Bridge station. What I've done on the previous two occasions I've been to Millwall though is get off at Surrey Quays station and go to The Surrey Docks Spoons around the corner then take the 15-20 minute "stroll" to the ground.....

56 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

The nearest Spoons to London Bridge..... is the one in London Bridge - The Pommelers Rest on Tower Bridge Road - 10 minute walk from London Bridge station. What I've done on the previous two occasions I've been to Millwall though is get off at Surrey Quays station and go to The Surrey Docks Spoons around the corner then take the 15-20 minute "stroll" to the ground.....

Yeah you're right. It's only about a 10-15 minute walk and there are plenty of pubs on route. After Millwall last year we got off at London Bridge and crawled all the way back to there via various pubs, it's not bad at all.

Are any of you staying over, if so is there anywhere around the area to head that stays open late?

14 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Are any of you staying over, if so is there anywhere around the area to head that stays open late?

A lot of places stay open to at least midnight during the week. St. Christophers Inn and if you're really desperate Belushi's both just down Borough High St from London Bridge are open until 2am every single night of the week. The first is okay, pretty standard boozer with live music and occasional violence, Belushi's like every town is horrific unless you are 18 or fancy being surrounded by paralytic backpackers and tourists. Otherwise you've got the rest of London, i.e. West End, Shoreditch a 24 hour bus away.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

A lot of places stay open to at least midnight during the week. St. Christophers Inn and if you're really desperate Belushi's both just down Borough High St from London Bridge are open until 2am every single night of the week. The first is okay, pretty standard boozer with live music and occasional violence, Belushi's like every town is horrific unless you are 18 or fancy being surrounded by paralytic backpackers and tourists. Otherwise you've got the rest of London, i.e. West End, Shoreditch a 24 hour bus away.

Fair enough, cheers for that. You're London based aren't you? We have an AirBNB I think so may as well make the most of it and stay out afterwards.

May well try them. 

3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Fair enough, cheers for that. You're London based aren't you? We have an AirBNB I think so may as well make the most of it and stay out afterwards.

May well try them. 

There's probably better than that until reasonably late, I only know those two because every time I'm heading home from a random session midweek they're always open, and my late bus back to New Cross after the trains stop, picks up right outside St. Christophers Inn. Personally I hate London Bridge and usually travel Shoreditch via Surrey Quays most days. 

I'm a 15 minute walk south of the ground and will almost certainly head that way after the game when they eventually unlock the away end gates, last season took about 20 minutes.

27 minutes ago, Olé said:

There's probably better than that until reasonably late, I only know those two because every time I'm heading home from a random session midweek they're always open, and my late bus back to New Cross after the trains stop, picks up right outside St. Christophers Inn. Personally I hate London Bridge and usually travel Shoreditch via Surrey Quays most days. 

I'm a 15 minute walk south of the ground and will almost certainly head that way after the game when they eventually unlock the away end gates, last season took about 20 minutes.

As I said in this thread I’m not particularly fond of London Bridge either.

Leave the game early you’ll be straight out to the station no bother. Did it last year, saved us a lot of time.

12 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

As I said in this thread I’m not particularly fond of London Bridge either.

Leave the game early you’ll be straight out to the station no bother. Did it last year, saved us a lot of time.

Shouldn't be saying that on here, the Top Red police will be on your case.

7 hours ago, BessexRED said:

I’m not sure London Bridge is the best really. It depends when you’re getting there and how — we get into Paddington AM so will be making our way through London. I’ve found London Bridge is expensive (as are most places in London) and generally not great.

Will be stopping off at Putney I imagine. 

Unless you go to a Wetherspoons you can expect to pay circa £5.60 for a pint and very likely more in most other places.

13 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Mhm I did think that. JBFC will be propped up on his high horse dishing out cock emojis and composing a bible as we speak.

You could have at least mentioned me, as I have absolutely no clue what you're on about... 

I've been in London 6 years now and used to work at London Bridge - Plenty of decent pubs to choose from! 

Agree with most of the above - Katzenjammers is a shout if you fancy some nice German beers and some bratwurst pre-match, but the sun is meant to be shining and it's all underground. 

I would advise heading to one of the following: The Anchor Bankside - Grab a pint and head out to the large outside area on the river, I think The George has been mentioned a couple times - Small inside but again a big outdoor area hidden away behind Borough High St, The Woolpack on Bermondsey St is decent and has a good beer garden out the back. 

Personally, I am heading to The Shipwright Arms - Since the redevelopment of London Bridge station there's a large area right outside the station, the sun should just about shine through on that area, and it's about 10yards from the barriers to get in and jump on the train to the den too. Ideal spot in my eyes. 

For those who are a little more "low key" i.e. wont be in city colours etc, worth heading to South Bermondsey and heading around the corner to FourPure if you dont get here often and fancy something a little different - a cool little microbrewery (the first stop on the Bermondsey beer mile) with a wide selection of beers on tap. Prob have a grill out the front too - I mention being a little bit more low key though as, although I am not sure it's totally football friendly, it's definitely open before the game but in solid Milwall Territory - So maybe best avoided for those of us that sound like Adge Cutler and sporting city colours. 

Hope it helps. 

There's a couple of special trains on according to the copper I just chatted with on my way into The Grapes. But your right can't see many of us here.

Copper just said they're more worried about Ajax....reckona there will be some of them at The Den as they can't get tickets for Spurs 

Archived