IGNORED

just a note of caution Spurs at home on Tuesday night

Haha John, you must have had your fill of Spurs and Chelsea (in particular) fans on GWR out of Paddington. You're quite right to give out this health warning. 

The usual array of steaming drunk Chelsea louts were on the last few Bristol trains the night before the Reading game, after their Europa League tie. Was hard work but on the new two train sets, easiest thing is to go to the front set furthest from the concourse, they're too drunk to get that far (and GWR staff more willing to serve alcohol down there!)

47 minutes ago, Olé said:

Haha John, you must have had your fill of Spurs and Chelsea (in particular) fans on GWR out of Paddington. You're quite right to give out this health warning. 

The usual array of steaming drunk Chelsea louts were on the last few Bristol trains the night before the Reading game, after their Europa League tie. Was hard work but on the new two train sets, easiest thing is to go to the front set furthest from the concourse, they're too drunk to get that far (and GWR staff more willing to serve alcohol down there!)

Seconded, the drunk swarm rarely makes it to the front of the train. I remember sheltering there after no other than the Rovers played Chelsea in the League Cup a few years back. The only occasion where an advance guard made it.

After leaving Paddington the tannoy announced that all the football fans in first class needed to move, the old couple in the seats next to me listened in horror has the chanting masses moved towards our end of the train. I feared it would be like a scene out of Zulu and, being the brave fellow I am, rapidly stuffed my City jacket in my bag and prepared to beg for mercy and praise Hollowhead, inbreeding and IKEA.

Luckily only two clowns made it to our carriage. They were thrown off along with a number of others at Swindle because their 15 fingers meant they repeatedly split beer over the floor.

Archived