IGNORED

Big up Bristol Sport!

Tinmans Love Child

I know it’s not the done thing on here, but I must say hats off to everyone at Bristol Sport for the event I was involved with yesterday, 900 school kids all getting involved with Sport is great for the city in general, but all those kids being able to experience Ashton Gate and even play on the pitch is brilliant and can only help the club going forward.  I had a great day volunteering as a referee for the football matches all day, but am feeling it in my legs today!  https://twitter.com/BSFound/status/1122893722251866112?s=20

34 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I know it’s not the done thing on here, but I must say hats off to everyone at Bristol Sport for the event I was involved with yesterday, 900 school kids all getting involved with Sport is great for the city in general, but all those kids being able to experience Ashton Gate and even play on the pitch is brilliant and can only help the club going forward.  I had a great day volunteering as a referee for the football matches all day, but am feeling it in my legs today!  https://twitter.com/BSFound/status/1122893722251866112?s=20

Can only help with attracting fans for the future.

Many of those kids had probably never stepped foot inside AG before, I would assume ?

42 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Was it in your arrangement, as referee at AG to have an absolute mare..?! 

Great to hear these little stories. Our community aspect do lots of great work. 

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Can only help with attracting fans for the future.

Many of those kids had probably never stepped foot inside AG before, I would assume ?

I think quite a few of the schools involved have kids with difficult upbringings if that’s the phrase and certainly from financial situations that would never allow for tickets to watch football

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Was it in your arrangement, as referee at AG to have an absolute mare..?! 

Great to hear these little stories. Our community aspect do lots of great work. 

I got loads of grief to be fare, kids challenging my decisions, one kid slammed the ball down when I gave a throw in the other way!  

To be fair they were all pretty good, even when I gave two pens in succession cause the same kid kept hand-balling it!  I told them to put him in goal as he obviously enjoys picking the ball up!

What was interesting was the girls who could actually play were just as good as the boys and on the whole probably better!  There is not much difference at that age physically so they are all getting involved with crunching tackles

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Sounds brilliant, too late now of course, but wish my two children were involved.

I don’t know how they allocate the schools or anything as wasn’t involved in that, but worth an email to Bristol Sport foundation to find out for next year

Archived