IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

Evening!

It's the turn of that re-arranged fixture which is now our penultimate game of this season. 

Re-arranged from 16th March after Millwall went into the last 8 of the FA Cup, Millwall have nothing to play for. Largely thanks to Ipswich and Rotherham being shite and Bolton having probably their worst season ever due to their off pitch chaos, Millwall have achieved safety. Bit of a surprise for them to be involved in a relly scrap after getting to a reasonable 8th place last year.

Fun factoid of the day: Did you know that Millwall's own lad Neil Harris is currently the longest serving manager in the Championship? He has a just under a year on LJ after being at the helm of The New Den for 4 years 51 days if my maths is correct. LJ has been at AG for 3 years 83 days.

Ones to watch out for tonight are top scorer Lee Gregory and midfielder Jed Wallace. Coincidentally, tonight's game might be the last home game for Gregory as he is OOC in the summer and expected to walk.

Only we have something to play for, namely 6th spot and a chance at the play offs. To get that we have to beat Millwall tonight and ideally, beat the ironic Hull City on Sunday. Even after that, we still need Derby to lose tomorrow to ex Prem Swansea and West Brom on Sunday. If Derby win either, it's game over for us until next August.

Only time will tell.

To the lads and lasses who are already having a day out in the Big Smoke and those currently on the M4/Bristol to Paddington services, enjoy the evening. I know a fair few have gone up so safe journeys.

Until Sunday folks and the final game of the season...

COYRS!

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Evening!

It's the turn of that re-arranged fixture which is now our penultimate game of this season. 

Re-arranged from 16th March after Millwall went into the last 8 of the FA Cup, Millwall have nothing to play for. Largely thanks to Ipswich and Rotherham being shite and Bolton having probably their worst season ever due to their off pitch chaos, Millwall have achieved safety. Bit of a surprise for them to be involved in a relly scrap after getting to a reasonable 8th place last year.

Fun factoid of the day: Did you know that Millwall's own lad Neil Harris is currently the longest serving manager in the Championship? He has a just under a year on LJ after being at the helm of The New Den for 4 years 51 days if my maths is correct. LJ has been at AG for 3 years 83 days.

Ones to watch out for tonight are top scorer Lee Gregory and midfielder Jed Wallace. Coincidentally, tonight's game might be the last home game for Gregory as he is OOC in the summer and expected to walk.

Only we have something to play for, namely 6th spot and a chance at the play offs. To get that we have to beat Millwall tonight and ideally, beat the ironic Hull City on Sunday. Even after that, we still need Derby to lose tomorrow to ex Prem Swansea and West Brom on Sunday. If Derby win either, it's game over for us until next August.

Only time will tell.

To the lads and lasses who are already having a day out in the Big Smoke and those currently on the M4/Bristol to Paddington services, enjoy the evening. I know a fair few have gone up so safe journeys.

Until Sunday folks and the final game of the season...

COYRS!

And if Middlesboro beat Rotherham it's over, some people seem to have forgotten that.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

And if Middlesboro beat Rotherham it's over, some people seem to have forgotten that.

Yes, but considering the situation we currently find ourselves in wouldn’t it be fantastic if we could take it to the last game of the season, regardless of the  outcome of that? 

1 minute ago, RedEyez said:

Yes, but considering the situation we currently find ourselves in wouldn’t it be fantastic if we could take it to the last game of the season, regardless of the  outcome of that? 

True.

As noted my hotel is where city were pre match. Grabbed a quick word with Messrs Holden and McAllister while I was there. Exact words were “Regardless of what happens tonight, you’ve done us proud this season”

And genuinely, I believe that.

Our pundit estimations were between 15th and 19th. We are where we are. And I know people can pull up Sheff U and Norwich, but on budget vs position, with the age and development of players we have, and with a GK crisis, we’ve done blindingly.

Whatever the result, keep that in mind.

COYR

Archived