IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

34 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Kelly for Da Silva is hardly surprising.  Maenpaa is injured.  The only other change from the side after Baker went off against Derby is Walsh for Semenyo, isn’t it?  Bolstering the defence and adding another player in midfield is hardly negative.  In fact it looks to me as though we are going to play 4-5-1 changing to 4-3-3 on the break, which seems a pretty decent plan.

At last, a sensible comment. Massive fan of Da Silva, but against Millwall away I can understand the logic, even if it wouldn’t of been my choice. Nikki not 100%, no brainer. Walsh is a surprise granted. COYR 

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Yes, but considering the situation we currently find ourselves in wouldn’t it be fantastic if we could take it to the last game of the season, regardless of the  outcome of that? 

Would be great, (not for my heart though!).

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

My theory is that Pack had a good game against Derby and deserves his place.

By your own pragmatic logic he should never have started against Derby given his shocker against Sheff Wednesday.

I'm not looking to pillory Pack, he's been a great servant of the club and at time has played very well. However, when a player is consistently performing below their best you would normally see them dropped. LJ does it with others, but not with Pack.

This is reminiscent of the accusations often leveled against LJ's father regarding his own appearances in the team many years ago.

Kelly been given the chance to show what he can do tonight. Last couple of matches to put himself back in the widow. Mutually beneficial to player and club if the premiership big boys have really been sniffing round as some reports lead us to believe. 

Hopefully also means JDS is tied up and signed up permanently. Here's hoping 

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

Kelly been given the chance to show what he can do tonight. Last couple of matches to put himself back in the widow. Mutually beneficial to player and club if the premiership big boys have really been sniffing round as some reports lead us to believe. 

Kelly brought back in because Millwall will launch it to Morison

3 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Surely that is not a reason to pick Kelly over DaSilva when we still have something to play for. 

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

By your own pragmatic logic he should never have started against Derby given his shocker against Sheff Wednesday.

I'm not looking to pillory Pack, he's been a great servant of the club and at time has played very well. However, when a player is consistently performing below their best you would normally see them dropped. LJ does it with others, but not with Pack.

This is reminiscent of the accusations often leveled against LJ's father regarding his own appearances in the team many years ago.

The Johnson 2 OUT !  

?

Archived